January’s UFC 80 Event Will Air on Pay-Per-View

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » January’s UFC 80 Event Will Air on Pay-Per-View
CornishMMA
11/27/07 2:03:33PM
Jan. 19’s UFC 80 event that takes place in Newcastle, England, will be shown on pay-per-view — not on free television as a Spike TV broadcast.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) was told of the UFC’s broadcast plans by a representative from one of the nation’s biggest cable companies, who said a Zuffa LLC representative contacted the company about the pay-per-view broadcast.

LINK
dustyp
11/27/07 2:38:30PM
I dont know about anyone else but I thought validation should of been a free pay per view. I think it is annoying that they gave away champ vs champ but have charged for ppv cards that pale in comparison. When for like a year we have had reports of ppvs on hbo espn and now cbs. You got spike on lockdown put the free ppvs on there and make your loyals happy.
cowcatcher
11/27/07 2:43:08PM
well im hoping its a live ppv, rather than a delay like when GG beat CC, but as long as i get to see it i cant really complain too much.
kevietre
11/27/07 4:06:17PM

cmill21
11/27/07 4:14:12PM
Good if Cro Cop fights at least it won't be in England AND on free TV, that seems to be the kiss of death for him lol.
Mayo
11/27/07 4:24:06PM

Posted by dustyp

I dont know about anyone else but I thought validation should of been a free pay per view. I think it is annoying that they gave away champ vs champ but have charged for ppv cards that pale in comparison. When for like a year we have had reports of ppvs on hbo espn and now cbs. You got spike on lockdown put the free ppvs on there and make your loyals happy.

Free or not free has nothing to do with the card.
Until now Zuffa had no way of broadcasting payperview from the UK.
silverbullet
11/27/07 5:26:30PM

Posted by Mayo

Posted by dustyp

care to elaborate?
spikerman19
11/27/07 9:45:16PM
I know I sound like a cheap ass but damn $80 bucks in Two weeks for 80 and 81
wapttn
11/27/07 10:05:35PM
i guess not everyone has a job or goes and watches it at a bar.. but i actually prefer the ppv events.. commercials ruin it
CornishMMA
11/28/07 5:24:21AM

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by Mayo

Posted by dustyp

care to elaborate?

care to ignore ufc 72? lol
It was actually that they wanted those shows to be on HBO and then it was too late to get them on ppv

Well im here in England so will get it live at no extra cost BUT if i was one of you yankydoodles id prefer to pay the $40 to enjoy the full event, live, and without commercials. If its on spike you will miss at least 1 fight and have commercials and likely have some douche you know spoiling the results before you see the fights!
prozacnation1978
11/28/07 10:46:35AM
not surprised with the announcement now i know what to ask santa for christmas
the only thing that kills me is that it will be live in mid day which would be like noon or 1pm on west coast, but i know the average fan will not by the dec 29th, jan, and feb one. which is a shame not in the fans part but ufc to group them all together like that
DCRage
11/28/07 10:48:06AM
If they're gonna charge for it I'll just wait a few weeks for Best Buy to get the PPV on DVD and pay $15-20 for it there.
emfleek
11/28/07 11:25:13AM
Options...

1.) Pay $39.95 for the PPV broadcast
2.) Go to a Hooters and watch it for free. (all ages)
3.) Go to a Buffalo Wild Wings and watch it for free. (all ages)
4.) Go to a local bar (if available) to watch it...sometimes for free, sometimes there's a cover charge. (21+)
5.) Follow along while people post the results here or on another site. Sure, it's not the same, but I've done it before and it's better than not knowing who won and/or how they won.
6.) Don't watch it.

Surely you can do one of the above...