All “Illegal Cage Fighting” Charges Dropped Against Din Thomas

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » All “Illegal Cage Fighting” Charges Dropped Against Din Thomas
nickcuc547
11/30/07 6:10:59PM
UFC fighter Din Thomas, who faced up to five years in prison after being arrested and accused of running an illegal cage fighting event, has had all charges against him dropped.

http://mmajunkie.com/2007/11/30/all-illegal-cage-fighting-charges-dropped-against-din-thomas/
nickcuc547
11/30/07 6:12:13PM
this is some very good news, i am a big fan of din and i hope once his knee heals up he puts himself back into title contention.
postman
11/30/07 6:18:08PM
Good I thought this was the first step to slowing down the sport. I'm glad they saw that evrything was cool. I am also glad to see that Din was legit and wasn't commitiing a crime.
buck
11/30/07 6:41:12PM
It worked!!
Lay_N_Pray
11/30/07 6:49:23PM
Great news, that could have been a black eye for the sport, but Din knew what he was doing, and actually should be commended for putting on an event like that and not rushing his students into the pro ranks
EvilScott
11/30/07 7:34:37PM
Good stuff. I was wondering what was happening with this.
Rush
11/30/07 10:27:44PM
The charges were dropped for a reason. As I stated way back when the news hit of his arrest, the situation didn't make sense. It doesn't surprise me that the charges were dropped.
ufcboss
12/1/07 12:40:31AM
I hate the term "Cage fighting", It sound's like somthing from Pro-Wrestling where this thumbtacks on the ground and barbwire and stuff. How about the term "MMA fight"? Not too hard at all
Bemin
12/1/07 1:20:09AM

Posted by Rush

The charges were dropped for a reason. As I stated way back when the news hit of his arrest, the situation didn't make sense. It doesn't surprise me that the charges were dropped.

Yup I saw this comming too, it really sounds like it was some over zealous cops trying to make a name for themselves. I mean it was family's and other students attendending the event, and a bunch of cops in full uniform come in proceed to sit in the back taking notes...

OMG they charged for tickets for the raffle... throw the book at them! Thing that sucks is this kinda thing would probably get people thrown in jail here in BC too... really pisses me off as a Canadian.. we have this very tolerant country ,our governments (for the most part) have their heads screwed on straight and big buisness lobby's don't control the country. BUT... even though MMA is huge here, BC and Ontario (2 of our biggest provinces population wise) still have MMA on the banned list....makes me want to smash some heads together!
Xodus
12/2/07 11:01:04AM
Good for Din. I live just a few minutes south of one of his gyms here in FL. I wish I couldve seen one of these events =( .
NatedawgThaM
12/2/07 1:36:13PM
Thank God. I hope he can heal that leg injury and train and jump back into the octagon where he's one of the most skilled and experienced and most entertaining fighters at 155. Back in the octagon where he belongs