Hunt vs. Overeem Added to Dream 5

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Hunt vs. Overeem Added to Dream 5
kastro_316
7/18/08 2:01:17PM
DreamFighters.com

Alistair "Demolition Man" Overeem has been confirmed as the opponent for Mark Hunt at Dream 5 from Osaka, Japan this Monday. Overeem confirmed the heavyweight bout with TheFightNetwork.com on Friday.
DCRage
7/18/08 2:03:00PM
I bet Mirko will be watching this fight with great interest, he's been calling him (Overeem) out. Might set up a good fight at DREAM 6.
juanez13
7/18/08 2:03:59PM
Great fight, props to Dream for putting this together
Red-Dragon
7/18/08 2:14:26PM
Who do you take for this one guy's? I think it will be close but I think I give the nod to Mr Hunt.
emfleek
7/18/08 2:16:04PM
Overeem by Submission in Round 1.
Red-Dragon
7/18/08 2:20:02PM
mmmm, I was thinking Hunt KO round 2
billycarnage
7/18/08 2:21:38PM
Great fight! Two worldclass kickboxers. I gotta see this. I don't know who to pick but since I want to see Overeem fight CroCop I'll be rooting for him.

Overeem via TKO (to the body).
juanez13
7/18/08 2:22:32PM

Posted by emfleek

Guillotine, or Kimura.
emfleek
7/18/08 2:25:54PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by emfleek

Guillotine, or Kimura.

I say Guillotine.

Write it down. Take a picture. Remember it.

The_hungry_lumberjack
7/18/08 2:59:53PM
Overeem by demolition!
Bowen50
7/18/08 3:20:41PM
Overeem Round 1 Sub
The-Don
7/18/08 3:22:06PM
if hunt wins I am thinking submission... but I think overeem buy KO/TKO late first round...
7/18/08 3:27:31PM
I think Mark might have a little bit better stand up, in part because of his Rock of a head.But, they both could easily win, and i hope Alistair has cardio and can fight at his highest level throught out the entire fight, becasue it seems like he dose so well at the start of all his fights then it goes down hill and he gasses or something. Should be a great fight either way, winnner should get Cro cop for the DREAM HW title, or they could have a GP will afflcitions fighters.
loller90278
7/18/08 4:08:16PM
who ever thinks mark hunt is getting KO'd is ridiculous. who ever thinks mark hunt is getting submitted is ridiculous. overeem falls under the pressure when fighting decent fighters. he'll gas, and get KTFO by hunt
joshryanshepherd
7/18/08 4:09:34PM
i think Overeem is one of the best stand-up fighters ive ever seen. maybe top 2. he out struck Liddell and Shogun (who are considered 2 of the best 205 lb strikers) until he got caught by Liddell and ended up on the ground with Shogun but i think he does have a pretty weak chin and i think Mark will KO him in the 1st. i hope Overeem can pull out this win though!!
KYGUY07
7/18/08 4:42:43PM
mark hunt rd.2 k.o.
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/18/08 5:17:23PM
im excited, im sure i'll pick hunt but overeem looked really good in his last fight
Jackelope
7/18/08 10:56:23PM
Hunt KO rd. 2.

Overeem will gas like he's known to trying to punch through Hunt's iron skull. Hunt will drop Overeem once that happens.

Really, Overeem has a ton of talent, but in his last fight he showed it against an underexperienced fighter. I'm not dogging Overeem, but Hunt is one of the toughest and strongest kickboxers in the world.
wolfman
7/18/08 10:59:21PM

Posted by The-Don

if hunt wins I am thinking submission... but I think overeem buy KO/TKO late first round...

Really?! I think you have this ass backwards. Seriously, Overeem will not KO/TKO Hunt, best chance for Overeem is to pull of a submission.
juanez13
7/19/08 1:55:58PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by The-Don

Really?! I think you have this ass backwards. Seriously, Overeem will not KO/TKO Hunt, best chance for Overeem is to pull of a submission.

Few people have a guillotine as strong as Overeem's, he might catch him with that. But i agree, nobody is KOing Hunt, not even a LHK from mirko.

If Overeem is in shape (which he might be, he gassed alot before because the weight cut to 200 was too much for him) he might actually beat Hunt to a decision.
cmill21
7/19/08 3:20:54PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by wolfman

Posted by The-Don

Few people have a guillotine as strong as Overeem's, he might catch him with that. But i agree, nobody is KOing Hunt, not even a LHK from mirko.

If Overeem is in shape (which he might be, he gassed alot before because the weight cut to 200 was too much for him) he might actually beat Hunt to a decision.

We've seen a few of the Mirko howitzers land on Hunt, and only one made him fall, he just got back up lol so I fully agree. I can see Overeem getting a sub, but I think Hunts ability to come foreword no matter what will give him the nod in a UD, anyways I see it being Hunt rd 1 brutal KO, overeem's chin isn't the best and Hunt has boulders for hands. I think this will set up either Mirko vs Hunt for the belt or Mirko vs Sergei to see who faces Hunt for the belt.
emfleek
7/21/08 9:40:08AM

Posted by loller90278

who ever thinks mark hunt is getting KO'd is ridiculous. who ever thinks mark hunt is getting submitted is ridiculous. overeem falls under the pressure when fighting decent fighters. he'll gas, and get KTFO by hunt

EliasG
7/21/08 11:30:43AM
haha. Yeah. I think at this point that you could hit Mark Hunt with a train and he'd just swear in tongan and then get back up. Dude is indestructible. He can be beat but he's unKO'able.