Hughes / GSP is on !!!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Hughes / GSP is on !!!
Next Page »
tuvok500
11/24/07 8:47:40PM
link
link 2
link 3

November 24th, 2007

I’m going to fight Georges St. Pierre on December 29th. I’ve got a couple reasons why I’ve made this decision and I will share those at a later time. I’ve asked for this to be for an interim title and if Matt Serra can’t fight in a year, then this would just be the title fight; but I don’t know if that is going to happen right now. I will keep you all posted.
-Matt

go GSP !!!

Manak
11/24/07 8:50:24PM
wwoohhhooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gspgnp
11/24/07 8:54:41PM
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the best news I've heard all day! I really hope that this comes through. That would absolutely make UFC 79 for me!
DustinT
11/24/07 9:10:38PM
i like.
paddy260
11/24/07 9:11:54PM
this will be one of the best fights of the year and you can quote me on that
kevietre
11/24/07 9:12:08PM
GSP GSP GSP GSP GSP GSP GSP GSP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Rounds Interim Welterweight Title

Great replacement this is one of the best trilogies since Chuck vs. Randy
babalu2720
11/24/07 9:17:14PM
While I 'm excited for this fight this interm champion crap is killing me, so now we will have two "paper" champions and i don't mean that towards the fighter's skills or anything like that, I just mean that they are not the real champion....but I'll take it
D0wnUnd6e6r
11/24/07 9:22:29PM
ARE YOU SHITTING ME!!! SERIOUSLY????? well here ya goes my prayers were answered.
silverbullet
11/24/07 9:45:03PM
This just made my week
prozacnation1978
11/24/07 10:02:25PM
i am glad my money didn't go to waste couldn't ask for a better fight i hope it goes through
Aether
11/24/07 10:14:22PM
I'm surprised that anyone is surprised about this. Having him fight fitch or alves really didn't make any sense to me at all given how long GSP would have to wait for his title shot if they did hughes vs fitch then hughes vs serra THEN GSP vs the winner.

I basically just assumed he'd be fighting GSP as soon as I read that Serra was hurt. It's really the only fight that makes any sense in this scenario. Let fitch and karo fight one another, gsp and hughes fight for the interim title, the winner fights serra and the winner of fitch/karo fights the winner of that fight. That's really the only series of fights that makes sense to me here.
bullettdodger
11/24/07 10:19:09PM
The reason why im surprised by this is because it doesn't make sense for the UFC in the monetary sense. It just typically seems to be the case that the UFC cares more about money than their fans.
silverbullet
11/24/07 10:22:28PM

Posted by Aether

I'm surprised that anyone is surprised about this. Having him fight fitch or alves really didn't make any sense to me at all given how long GSP would have to wait for his title shot if they did hughes vs fitch then hughes vs serra THEN GSP vs the winner.

I basically just assumed he'd be fighting GSP as soon as I read that Serra was hurt. It's really the only fight that makes any sense in this scenario. Let fitch and karo fight one another, gsp and hughes fight for the interim title, the winner fights serra and the winner of fitch/karo fights the winner of that fight. That's really the only series of fights that makes sense to me here.

I'm surprised that you are surprised at how surprised we are.

Can I borrow your crystal ball?
scpd400
11/24/07 10:24:51PM
Great for GSP. But I wanted Matt Hughes to whop Serra. Either way we will find out serra beating GSP was a fluke. Either way I will get to watch someone beat up serra.
Go GSP
tuvok500
11/24/07 10:29:52PM

Posted by Aether

man, we are not surprise , we are happy !!! LOL

read the forum and you will see that you were not alone who was thinking that the only fight possible was GSP / HUGHES !!!

Bemin
11/24/07 10:41:09PM
Great friggin news! Especially after the let down of hearing about Serra's injury, good for GSP to take this one on short notice!
nickcuc547
11/24/07 10:47:13PM
awesome, interim title or not this is huge. way better than hughes vs. serra imo.
RMFG_187
11/24/07 10:59:40PM
I Am one of the BIGGEST GSP fans in the world. ive met him on numerous occasions, ive been to his seminars, i even went to his after party after he had beaten Matt Hughes.

But as much as i like Rush, I think he is in trouble in this fight. Matt Hughes has been training for this since September. George is in shape, but will need to work on cutting down to fight weight for Dec 29. And On top of all that. Matt Serra is the TRUE CHAMP. I REALLY I MEEN REALLY wanted to see Matt Hughes Get his ASS BEATEN by Serra. and i wanted to see the rematch With GSP and Terra Serra with Matt Bein the champ, so GSP can take it back from Matt Serra.

But As Things Are Right Now.

GO GSP GO!!!

IMO The Best P4P Fighter in The World. After He Takes The Belt, He Will Take The Belt From The Winner Of Silva/Henderson.

Hooah Baby!

GSP GSP GSP GSP!!!!!!!!!
gamez0932
11/24/07 11:00:13PM
this is good news.... this card is even bigger then what it was before.
KingKash
11/24/07 11:06:06PM
Go GSP!!! This is going to be a great rubber match. I, like the rest of the MMAPlayground people, are looing forward to this one.
TimW001
11/24/07 11:10:07PM
WAR GSP!!!!!

Man this is sweet!!! Hughes/Serra was great but Hughes/GSP is awesome!!!!! I just hope that GSP has had/will have enough time to train.
TimW001
11/24/07 11:15:27PM
This is up on UFC.com now with words from Hughes/Serra/Dana/GSP in the article.
tuvok500
11/24/07 11:43:15PM

Posted by TimW001

This is up on UFC.com now with words from Hughes/Serra/Dana/GSP in the article.

yeah cool, only one day to set up the best fight of the year for a canadian fan anyways !!

and it will be the interim fight so a 5 rd fight, even if i think GSP will win in the second rd, everything can happen and a decision is a real posibility !!

Krupp
11/24/07 11:47:16PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

ARE YOU SHITTING ME!!! SERIOUSLY????? well here ya goes my prayers were answered.

Believe me; the feeling is mutual. This is exactly what I was hoping for as well.
SpiderSilva
11/25/07 12:04:02AM
Hell yeah!!!!!!!
I get to see GSP KO Hughes one more time
After watching the future dominate the past we get to see it one more time !!!!!Hughes had it made till GSP signed on its gonna be some time before he gets another real title shot he should have taken a lesser fight
what he "has 4-5 fights left" that 5th fight might be for the title untill then GSP will show him the latter to climb and dominate one more time
loller90278
11/25/07 12:31:58AM
ill take matt hughes FTW alex.
atlas777
11/25/07 12:34:12AM
Im going to go change my shorts i creamed them a little. Man i wish i could go to LV on dec 29th what an awesome card
luckyMiddlebrook
11/25/07 12:41:39AM
Wow, I'm glad they put together a 5-rounder to replace the Serra-Hughes fight. Hughes looked overmatched in their last fight though so he'd better come up with another plan this time...
NatedawgThaM
11/25/07 12:45:08AM
YES!!!! Good God Ya'll!!!
Ordep
11/25/07 1:19:28AM
Me and my cousin were planning to go because Wandy/Chuck but the card wasn't looking very good and that point (Soko-Machida wasn't announced by then)..... then we declined...now I totally regret..... because I'll miss this one.... and our plan B was the Super Bowl... but now we don't want to go because of Lesnar....
Pages: [1] 2