The Hit List: Who Stays, Who Goes?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » The Hit List: Who Stays, Who Goes?
grappler0000
1/8/08 12:51:03PM
As the embryonic cells of the New Year move into their fetal stages, the landscape of mixed martial arts is littered with dozens of champions, both legitimate and imposturous. Though the number of organizations within the sport are quite numerous, only a select few can lay claim to sporting "true" titles -- the countless minor league titles are just plain meaningless.

Big boys like UFC, Shooto, K-1 HERO'S, WEC, Strikeforce and EliteXC are a handful of companies whose gold-plated plastic belts actually mean a hill of beans to the sport. A few fighters who have those titles find themselves in precarious situations, and it's a mystery whether they'll hold onto their prized straps throughout the 2008 campaign.

In the following paragraphs, you'll take a gander at a collection of fighters that have been gathered for this column. These men are all "world" champions of a major MMA organization, and this Hit List will determine who will remain a champion by the end of ‘08 and who will not.

Link
ohiostate1016
1/8/08 1:15:35PM
That's a well-written piece, but the fact that the writer thinks that Silva will lose to Hendo is verrrrrrry interesting.
grappler0000
1/8/08 1:17:58PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

That's a well-written piece, but the fact that the writer thinks that Silva will lose to Hendo is verrrrrrry interesting.

I actually find it to be on par.
ohiostate1016
1/8/08 2:20:44PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by ohiostate1016

I actually find it to be on par.

Didn't say it wasn't on par, but you won't find too many people openly picking Hendo over Spider. It's a risky pick. He'll look really bad if Silva comes out and KOs Dan early.
roadking95th
1/8/08 3:10:28PM
I think Hendo will win also. I am not biased, just don't look at my avatar

wolfman
1/8/08 5:04:06PM

Posted by roadking95th

LOL, I am leaning towards Henderson myself. I can honestly say that I am not biased . I think Henderson takes this fight by UD. Either way, it is a hard fight to pick.
Boo_Radley21
1/8/08 5:05:25PM

Posted by roadking95th

I'm giving it to Hendo too. But the article was good.
quezocrema0032
1/8/08 9:10:36PM
ugh i have to pick hendo to win 2 ... even though he will do it in extremly boring fasion ... which sucks ... henderson is kinda of a snooze fest and even though him and couture have the same style ... i rarley get bored during one of his fights ... idk i guess its just me
rabbit915
1/8/08 10:21:07PM
I agree with most of his picks for the major belts but one of the ones on the bottom bothers me. He picks Carlos Condit to lose his belt. Unless the WEC brings in some serious competition this just isnt going to happen.

He reminds me of a WW Anderson Silva. Tall and lean, great strikign with the elbows and knees, and great bjj as well. His guard is incredibly effective because of his long legs. I cant wait til he makes the jump to some better competition.