No more Hero's. "Pride" and K-1 join forces.

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » No more Hero's. "Pride" and K-1 join forces.
cmill21
1/8/08 1:29:26PM
Link

Japanese sports newspaper Tokyo Sports reported that FEG might finish with the HERO'S series and start a new show in March. "From the March show on, I would like to see the entire Kakutougi world unite to do something very interesting." The report began with FEG head Sadaharu Tanikawa talking about a second "grand coalition" but since there is not going to be a second Yarennnoka! show, and FEG and ex-PRIDE people are going for a complete integration it’s basically about a new MMA show being started by FEG and that also means HERO'S could now be completely over
cowcatcher
1/8/08 1:40:10PM
as long as i get to see the guys from pride still fighting here in the states on PPV or hdnet i dont care what banner its under. a MW tourney would be fantastic!
FromHereOn
1/8/08 2:02:39PM

Posted by cowcatcher

as long as i get to see the guys from pride still fighting here in the states on PPV or hdnet i dont care what banner its under. a MW tourney would be fantastic!

I think I agree: I want to watch these fights from the United States, but the actual event had better be in Japan.

I'm going through ground-knee/stomp/soccer-kick withdrawl. The10 point system can also blow me.
cowcatcher
1/8/08 2:14:29PM
during the new years show they didnt allow anything kicks or stomps to downed opponents, so i wonder if this was because m-1 wants to make sure they can have fights here in the states without problems with athletic commisions, or if japan is going to disallow them altogether.
cmill21
1/8/08 2:16:53PM

Posted by cowcatcher

during the new years show they didnt allow anything kicks or stomps to downed opponents, so i wonder if this was because m-1 wants to make sure they can have fights here in the states without problems with athletic commisions, or if japan is going to disallow them altogether.

Didn't they allow stomps and knees but not kicks?
cowcatcher
1/8/08 2:18:56PM
i have it on the dvr so ill watch again, but i dont think they allowed any of it, it was basically US rules without elbows, but i may be wrong.
cowcatcher
1/8/08 2:25:40PM
knees were allowed except in the fedor fight, elbows, stomps and kicks were not.
cmill21
1/8/08 2:46:10PM
Ahhh.
duggy
1/8/08 4:42:55PM
... they should do a lightweight tourney also: melendez, kawajiri, ishida, gomi, JZ, ribiero, aoki, hansen.... that's 8 and i feel like i could keep going, but seriously think about the possibilities...
Vendetta
1/8/08 5:03:08PM

Posted by duggy

... they should do a lightweight tourney also: melendez, kawajiri, ishida, gomi, JZ, ribiero, aoki, hansen.... that's 8 and i feel like i could keep going, but seriously think about the possibilities...

i believe gomi isn't under contract with either k-1 or yarrenoka.
rabbit915
1/8/08 7:54:39PM
Im assumming this is the japanese promotion that Baroni was saying he got a deal from several days ago.
The_Grim_Reaper
1/8/08 8:57:07PM

Posted by Vendetta

Posted by duggy

i believe gomi isn't under contract with either k-1 or yarrenoka.

yarrenoka is not an organization it was the name of a 1 time only show that was made possible becuase ex-pride employees, FEG(k-1 parent company), and M-1 cooraperated with each other, also no Gomi is under no contract with an organization as of this moment
The_Grim_Reaper
1/8/08 8:58:47PM

Posted by rabbit915

Im assumming this is the japanese promotion that Baroni was saying he got a deal from several days ago.

oh yeah and that organization that Baroni was talking about is a Japanese mma organization called World Victory Road and are not related to FEG, Pride, or M-1
RampageOwnedYou
1/9/08 1:25:34AM
This is the best news to come in months. Expect this to be bigger and better then UFC. Sorry all you UFC Knuckleheads.
But this is going to be huge. Yaronkka was just a small taste of what to expect from these guys. Expect bigger and better events then Yaronkka and im sure they will be free, because the org. cares about their fans. Which is rare in the sport. Cheers to K1 and Pride rep. guys. This is awsome!!
vick_vega
1/9/08 2:43:49AM
UFC knuckleheads? Im taking a look at your avatar, and your name. What exactly are you talking about? You sure you know?
cmill21
1/9/08 3:08:46AM

Posted by vick_vega

UFC knuckleheads? Im taking a look at your avatar, and your name. What exactly are you talking about? You sure you know?

Come on guys. If anymore of my threads get closed because of fights I won't post any news.
CornishMMA
1/9/08 5:51:34AM
Damn all these jap orgs are getting quite confusing now, they would be powerful as 1 giant force but maybe they should stay as separte orgs but have the occasional crossover fights between champs etc?