Henderson: I'll beat Silva up

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Henderson: I'll beat Silva up
POLL: True ?
Yes, Hendo wins 57% (56)
No, Silva remains 43% (42)
Ordep
11/23/07 2:45:30PM
DAN HENDERSON says he'll knock out middleweight champion Anderson Silva in the main event at UFC 82.

The mouthwatering bout pits the two ex-Pride superstars together in the UFC for the first time.

And President Dana White confirmed one of the most hotly anticipated clashes of 2008 is scheduled for March 1 next year.

Link
cmill21
11/23/07 2:49:43PM
I really don't know who the hell to go with. I think hendo has the best chance of anyone to beat silva so i'll say hendo.
strongmma
11/23/07 2:54:42PM
Rumor is that Silva wants to move up in weight to possibly face Wanderlei.
tuvok500
11/23/07 2:57:52PM
I think that if Hendo want to exchange with Silva, he will suffer his first KO !!

i keep Silva rd 3 tko !!

Darnok
11/23/07 3:11:47PM
If it goes to the ground I think Hendo has the advantage. But he also says he wants to knock him out which leads me to believe that he wants to stand and bang with Silva and I think Silva will take it standing.

So I think Silva has the slightly better odds. If Hendo said I want to take him down and GNP him then the odds would be slighty in his favour.
cmill21
11/23/07 3:22:01PM

Posted by Darnok

If it goes to the ground I think Hendo has the advantage. But he also says he wants to knock him out which leads me to believe that he wants to stand and bang with Silva and I think Silva will take it standing.

So I think Silva has the slightly better odds. If Hendo said I want to take him down and GNP him then the odds would be slighty in his favour.

Keep in mind everyone doubted hendo could out strike Wand...he did it.
nickcuc547
11/23/07 3:43:41PM
hendo will keep it on the ground and use his strength to control, i think the spider takes a big time beating.
jae_1833
11/23/07 4:07:30PM
I think it'll start with some good striking and as soon as he feels those knees he will change his "game plan" and take it to the ground where it belongs. Silva's got a good ground game but Hendo should outpower him there with relative ease. Hendo rnd 3 GNP stoppage.
wapttn
11/23/07 4:53:37PM
i dont think anything short of a sick combination will KO henderson.. so everytime he eats a few punches he doesnt like, he's gonna clinch.. and if cant work his clinch, then he'll put silva on his ass. I'm going with hendo on this one because his chin is unreal and he has the choice of where this fight takes place.. and i think everyone would agree that henderson is far more well rounded
postman
11/23/07 5:55:13PM
I'm going with Henderson. He can take alot and dish out all you can take.
Btews22
11/23/07 9:28:38PM
Hendo is a stud!!! he has more ways to win bottom line

Fight of the year Hendo at 175=champion!!!!
tuvok500
11/23/07 10:29:58PM

Posted by Btews22

Hendo is a stud!!! he has more ways to win bottom line

Fight of the year Hendo at 175=champion!!!!

it is 185 !! LOL

backalley101
11/23/07 11:37:50PM
Anderson Silva got ground game. And no question, he got stand up. And lets not talk about clinch.The only way I see Henderson winning is if he throws a punch like he did on Silva.
roman
11/24/07 12:05:32AM
Silva would not win in the clinch with Dan. I think his chin is way to solid to be hurt by Silva and I have a feeling he will KO Silva. If he does take it to the ground I am worried he will be subbed though.
backalley101
11/24/07 12:25:46AM
Henderson would be wise not 2 clinch with Silva . If he does, I see a knee 2 the face, a face 2 the ground,K.O!!!
Trench777
11/24/07 5:17:08AM
Well, I'm totally biased on this one, as Hendo is one of my all-time fav fighters. Of course, I think he'll win...but when reality creeps in, I cant help but envision how freaking NASTY Silva is, in nearly every aspect of the game. Dude is straight up a menace in the ring/cage. I am REALLLLLY looking forward to this one, it has the makings of a classic-for-the-ages kind of fight.

With Hendo's cinder block, or whatever that is under the skin where most people have chins...and Silva's all-around badassness...I can see this one easily going to a decision. As long as Hendo can avoid the lethal knees of Silva, he might even get fortunate and catch him with a right hand and put Silva's lamps out.

So...Hendo KO in 2, or Hendo by decision!

(LOL)

T777
xAcidburNx
11/24/07 7:42:29AM
lets evaluate this a lil more. people may say anderson has a better clinch but i would put dan ahead a lil bit. that greco clinch game is dangerous and hes been called a mini couture of sorts. just lost less and never been KO'd. Id give gnp adv to silva but ground control to dan. Also if i remember correctly. dan has has only been subbed twice and that was at heavy weight by the best sub guy in the world both times in fact. now even though silva has a black belt from the nogueiras, i still see dan having the better ground game. striking goes to silva but dan is always dangerous and these guys and neither of them have ever been KO'd. so imo this fight is as close as a fight that i have ever seen.

Dan Silva
Striking 9 10
Clinch 10 10
Ground 10 9

Thats how I see it
decken
11/24/07 9:02:17AM

Posted by backalley101

Anderson Silva got ground game. And no question, he got stand up. And lets not talk about clinch.The only way I see Henderson winning is if he throws a punch like he did on Silva.

First of all it wasn't a single punch that knocked out Wandy, it started with a spinning back fist and ended with a huge hook.

Anyways, Hendo is not going to be knocked out by Anderson, if rampage and Wandy couldn't knock him out at 205 what makes you think a 185 pound fighter can. There is a reason for why the upper end of the weight classes are more popular. I see this fight going to decision.
supatolacyl
11/24/07 10:15:29AM
Hendo took some massive shots from Page, it was some of the loudest connections I have heard in a while, so that block head of his can take a pounding. Silva has pin point accuracy with his shots and when he gets the thai clinch those knees are gonna meet your face weather you like it or not. I do think though that Hendo will be stronger in the clinch and can avoid the knees alot better then Franklin. I think Hendo has a lot more upper body strength then Rich and will be able to stay out of the clinch, but if he finds himself in the clinch I think he can get a quick take down and scramble out. It will be very interesting what kind of game plan they both come out with, with Silvas' accuracy, knees and ability to sub from his back and Hendos' take downs, gnp and big right should be one heck of a fight.
atlas777
11/24/07 10:32:16AM
I see Hendo with a 2nd round KO or he will GNP his way to a decision
stickyhash421
11/24/07 2:13:27PM
dont make me choose...can i say draw?
Manak
11/24/07 3:47:10PM

Posted by stickyhash421

agreed
NatedawgThaM
11/24/07 4:19:03PM
Dan has a great chance. he should just repaeat the game plan he used against wandy since Wandy n anderson are similiar in styles. or he could utilize the grecco clinch and a win a decision. But Dan has been rocked before despite an amazing chin. Anderson can stop him and I refuse to bet agains Anderson.

I'm going 3rd round stoppage after knocking Hendo down wit a knee and make the ref sto it after flurries of punches.
Ordep
11/24/07 4:41:46PM

Posted by Manak

Posted by stickyhash421

agreed

Sorry I miss that even that I'm 50% Draw, 20%Hendo, 30% Silva

roman
11/24/07 4:44:13PM
you guys are nuts if you are worried about the clinch. he fought silva and that wasn't even an issue, the issue is whether he can get inside Silvas lethal and accurate striking range and in my opinion he will. I hope Hendo keeps this on the feet because he has a real chance of being subbed if it does go to the ground. overall Hendo should dominate this fight and show everyone what a true number 1 pound for pound fighter looks like.

D0wnUnd6e6r
11/24/07 7:15:53PM
Yeah man I guess I am nuts then. I think Silva's gonna KO Hendo...I really do hate to say it but for now (not saying my opinions on the fight wont change) Silva's got it for me.
loonytnt
11/25/07 12:09:28AM
imo silva is going to win this one

BUT why does dan get this fight? he just lost to rampage now he gets to fight for the belt again? i dont see how this is right for anyone in the MW div
fullfighting
11/25/07 2:38:51AM
I think Hendo is the only guy at that weight that CAN beat Silva. If Silva wins he is unstoppable, but dont tell that to Ryo Chonan that.
xAcidburNx
11/25/07 3:40:09AM

Posted by loonytnt

imo silva is going to win this one

BUT why does dan get this fight? he just lost to rampage now he gets to fight for the belt again? i dont see how this is right for anyone in the MW div

well if you dont know much youd also wonder why he got the title shot against rampage in the first place. see he was PRIDE WW AND MW champ. he fought rampage to unify that title. and now hes fighting silva to uniy that title. and incase you didnt know this. WW in PRIDE was by ufc's standards the MW class and their MW was ufcs LHW. Plus he did so well against rampage in a weight class hes too small for so why not see how well he stands up to silva in a lighter class as well. if silva wins this he wants to go up and fight for the title at LHW. 2008 is lookin good to me for the MMA world
seanfu
11/25/07 8:01:45PM
Henderson is my favorite all time, but I think silva walks away with a late knockout. If there is any style to beat Silva it's a dominant wrestler or Grecko/ Clinch fighter. Henderson has the perfect matchup sitting right in front of him and I see him winning rounds until the thai clinch and chin clipper. It only takes one. I see a knockout. Late round, come from behind.