What the hell is Rampage doing????

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » What the hell is Rampage doing????
NatedawgThaM
9/6/09 6:27:58PM
Don't get me wrong, this isn't a thread focusing on putting Rampage down in any way, shape or form. He's my favorite fighter so thats the last thing I want to do. Just don't make any sense to me that hes not fighting Rashad in december in MEMPHIS just to be in this movie. I know theirs two sides to the story. Like of course it gives him mad money, UFC mad popularity, which will lead to a better decision business wise. But what about HIM! On a personal level.

Hes the one that worked towards making MMA legal in Memphis, and he's the one that could bring the most to the event in memphis. Without him, they might as well of just had this event in California or Nevada. If he fought this fight, not only could he beat Rashad and get the very next title shot that would probably happen early next year like in March or April but he'd also have the great oppurtunity to fight in his hometown and beat Rashad in his hometown. I know that would mean a lot too him. And in all seriousness when do you think the next time will be when the UFC decides to go back to Memphis? Maybe a small fight night but an actual PPV? But since he decided to go with the movie not only does he lose the oppurtunity to fight in his hometown, but now he has to wait longer to fight. And what if Rashad decides not want to wait that long and fights anyway and loses? That then becomes like Serra-Hughes where we have to wait close to year or more to see them square off because coming off two straight losses, I'd doubt they'd give him rampage. So that'd atleast hurt the fans feelings who wanted to see that fight even though he does most likely get the next shot anyway.

Their's not a right or wrong answer, this is just my opinion, I think he should have just fought and maybe seen if he could have filmed at another time. I'm sure it's not the first or last role he'll earn. Just want to hear everyones opinion on this. That would have been sick if Rampage/Rashad stayed on that card with Sanchez/Penn, thought'd it could be easily one of the best event ever.
RyanC
9/6/09 6:31:16PM
Has it even been confirmed he's not fighting or that he's in the movie?
Bowen50
9/6/09 7:14:47PM
postman
9/6/09 9:07:13PM
Lets just say he is in the movie....Being a movie star far out weighs being the UFC LHW champ. You make more money and you don't have to train and fight anymore. So for himself it make most sense.
RyanC
9/6/09 9:31:23PM

Posted by postman

Lets just say he is in the movie....Being a movie star far out weighs being the UFC LHW champ. You make more money and you don't have to train and fight anymore. So for himself it make most sense.

I'd WAY rather be the LHW champ than B.A. Baracus, but hey that's just me.
joshryanshepherd
9/6/09 9:35:09PM

Posted by RyanC

well i would rether see Shogun LHW champ but i get what you're saying
RyanC
9/6/09 9:36:44PM

Posted by joshryanshepherd

Posted by RyanC

well i would rether see Shogun LHW champ but i get what you're saying

I would LOVE to see Shogun win the title. I'm squarely in his corner come 104.
grappler0000
9/6/09 11:54:03PM

Posted by Bowen50

Rampage is not in the A Team movie

The Wrestling Observer confirmed it's true.

Link
GDK
9/7/09 12:16:56AM
What better wa to hype up a fight than with a movie
The movie company will promote your fighter for you
After A-team everyone and their dog is going to want to see Rampage fight
I predict it will be the biggest selling fight ever
When it finally happens
Dana knows how to use this to his advantage
It just sux having to wait
Bowen50
9/7/09 12:30:03AM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Bowen50

Link

touche sir
Sinister
9/7/09 12:45:37AM

Posted by Bowen50

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Bowen50

Link

touche sir

The contract fell threw, he isnt now

LINK
Pskinner_mma314
9/7/09 5:05:38AM

Posted by Sinister

Posted by Bowen50

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Bowen50

Link

touche sir

The contract fell threw, he isnt now

LINK

I really really really hate you
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
9/7/09 6:52:14AM
What is he doing in vancouver if hes not shooting the movie?

link
EvenFlow
9/7/09 7:16:54AM
Rampage must blowin paper like Pernell Whitaker if he has to turn down a fight to be in a movie and "launch his career after fighting" Rampage is already rich and has a lot of endorsements and reputation he doesnt have to cancel this fight. They say it was a good move, but the MMA scene will be so much bigger by the time Rampage retires that just being a former champ and having charima will land him gigs.

I'll save my final judgement when I hear from Dana or Ramapge but I have lost a lot of respect for Rampage as a fighter but respect his decision as a person. For wanting to kick Rashads' ass he sure isnt in a hurry to do it, or win the belt back for that matter.

EDIT: and yeah hows he gonna turn down a fight in memphis tennessee, the state he signed a petition for to get it regulated and not fight the guy he hates, the guy who got in his face after he just got done with a fight, i dont get it, if money is that important just quit fighting imo
sclasclemski
9/7/09 12:02:01PM
I've have heard so many things about this yet we have yet to hear directly from Rampage or Dana...as a matter of fact we haven't heard from Dana in a little while on anything...wonder what thats about...I was surprised he wasn't at the Machida-Shogun Press conference. I want to hear from one of them about all of this.
StorminYourman
9/7/09 7:56:50PM
I have been losing much respect for the man.
His whole behavior has been very suspect since losing to Forrest.

He says he really won that fight yet it went to the judges,anytime a fighter lets that happen ,it might not be considered favorable to yourself and he should know that after his fight with Ninja.
my personal verdict-BAD

Then goes and kills an unborn child, due to his neglect about his physical and emotional state.
my personal verdict-BAD

Wooped on Wand and Jardine and was looking good.
my personal verdict- GOOD

Passed up a title shot to let injuries heal.
my personal verdict- GOOD

Passed up another title shot to do another stint as a coach on TUF yet in past interveiws he said he hated being a coach on the show and was only doing this show so he could "woop Rashad's ass"(because he hates him sooooo much) and make more money on the PPV because the show would give him more exposure then a title fight so more buys which means more $ theoretically.
my personal verdict- BAD yet somewhat almost justified ,however a fighter should always be looking for the title fight this is not WWE with crazy grudge matches with a manager throwing salt in the eyes when the ref is not looking.

Now he does the show and has a PPV coming up in his hometown and wants to throw away his whole vendetta grudge thing to do some movie which will probaly suck platapus nuts.this disrespectful to his hometown,to his oppenent who has been ready for a fight, and his fans who bought tickets and PPVs to see him fight and made him the superstar he is today.Not sure if he got this part or not but it is not looking like this fight is happening in Memphis.
my personal verdict-BAD

I used to root for the guy but it now looks like I will root against him even though I was sort of a Rashad hater. But at least Rashad goes in there to fight and always gives 110 percent without all his personal drama coming to the surface.I can give Rashad that much credit
BustedKnuckle
9/7/09 8:26:55PM
I'm tired of hearing about Rapages movie role on not movie role. Hopfully soon Dana will make a stament regarding this manner and clear it all up for us
loonytnt
9/7/09 10:51:52PM
would dana even let rampage do that? lol
emfleek
9/8/09 8:33:44AM
I'll remember to consult the members of MMAPlayground before making another career decision. It seems that everyone here knows what's best for everyone else, so why not?

ncordless
9/8/09 2:21:10PM

What the hell is Rampage doing????

Getting his feet wet in an industry that has a much higher payscale than mma.

The money he could make if he breaks through in a "Rock"-type way so far outshines the money that even the highest paid mma fighters make. Add to that he doesn't have to get punched in the face for money and he doesn't have to have his life devoted to training (something Rampage has always said he doesn't like) and I can't see why anyone would begrudge him the opportunity to explore Hollywood.
emfleek
9/8/09 2:24:33PM

Posted by ncordless

Getting his feet wet in an industry that has a much higher payscale than mma.

The money he could make if he breaks through in a "Rock"-type way so far outshines the money that even the highest paid mma fighters make. Add to that he doesn't have to get punched in the face for money and he doesn't have to have his life devoted to training (something Rampage has always said he doesn't like) and I can't see why anyone would begrudge him the opportunity to explore Hollywood.

Best post on the thread.

Smart move by Jackson, in my opinion.
NatedawgThaM
9/8/09 4:07:33PM

Posted by emfleek

I'll remember to consult the members of MMAPlayground before making another career decision. It seems that everyone here knows what's best for everyone else, so why not?

I believe I said if you actually read everything I said theirs no right or wrong answer I just wanted people opinions about this issue since its a hot topic/rumor. Its a discussion forum, I thought were suppose to discuss opinions. I dont care what anybody does with their lives. My main point was just hes the one that wanted to make MMA legal in his hometown and hes the one that could bring the most their definitelly. and not only that, he could shut Rashads mouth there.
emfleek
9/8/09 4:15:11PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I believe I said if you actually read everything I said theirs no right or wrong answer I just wanted people opinions about this issue since its a hot topic/rumor. Its a discussion forum, I thought were suppose to discuss opinions. I dont care what anybody does with their lives. My main point was just hes the one that wanted to make MMA legal in his hometown and hes the one that could bring the most their definitelly. and not only that, he could shut Rashads mouth there.

My post was in response to the OVERWHELMING responses of those who are voicing their opinion.

"Rampage is ducking Rashad!"
"Rampage is stupid for doing this!"
"The A-Team sucks! This is a dumb move!"

It happens ANY time a fighter does something other than fight. Everyone chimes in saying how stupid so-and-so is for doing what they're doing, yadda yadda yadda.

This could be a once in a lifetime opportunity for Rampage. Fighting will be there when he's done with the movie. The movie may not be there when he's done with fighting.