Griffin admits 'I've got to cut some f***ing weight'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Griffin admits 'I've got to cut some f***ing weight'
pmoney
7/6/11 10:03:13PM
Forrest Griffin has admitted he has "a lot of problems" facing him if he is to make weight for his UFC 134 showdown with Mauricio Shogun Rua.

Griffin is coming off a decision victory over Rich Franklin in February, and he admits he has allowed himself to put on a little too much weight ahead of his clash with Rua on August 27.

Article

I don't like this report!!
kopower
7/6/11 10:31:24PM
Yeah, that doesn't sound good. Not sure if he's just trying to play the underdog card or what, but he sounds pretty serious about it.
Lesnar1
7/6/11 10:42:47PM
Damn Forrest get in the sauna now!! I really don't want Shogun to beat Griffin.
Budgellism
7/6/11 11:17:23PM
He's massive. He is one of if not the biggest LHW I know of. His cut this time is going to be rough and I'm feeling more and more confident in Shogun. Griffin may very well do the exact same thing to Shogun this time around but I just don't see it happening this time around.
sbulldavid
7/6/11 11:43:35PM
I worry every time Shogun fights a strong tall fighter because he struggles against them.
Chael_Sonnen
7/6/11 11:57:57PM
Forrest will be fine....he knows how to cut weight as well as anybody in the sport. I expect a decision victory for Mr. Griffin.
Kpro
7/7/11 12:04:36AM
I think Gabe Ruediger runs a weight cutting service.

Gabe's Active Yoga Sauna Energizing Xperience

I think there's an acronym for it but I don't remember.
DeadHead988
7/7/11 3:29:32AM

Posted by Kpro

I think Gabe Ruediger runs a weight cutting service.

Gabe's Active Yoga Sauna Energizing Xperience

I think there's an acronym for it but I don't remember.

Only possible response. Bravo, Kpro. Bravo.
Pookie
7/7/11 4:11:30AM

Adding to Griffin's problems will be the journey out to Brazil in the week before the fight, which will play havoc with his routines.

"It's difficult to adjust yourself [to another country]," said Griffin. "There's the jetlag thing, and it's difficult to make weight since Brazil doesn't have the distilled water I use in the US and the food I need to eat.

"It's always difficult to change your routine when you go to another country. I feel stupid because I can't communicate with people from the hotels and can't even say how I want my eggs. It's clearly a pain in the ass."

Hmm... I think this is a possible variable as to why foreign fighters don't live up to their potential as often as their American counterparts.

Theoutlaw08
7/7/11 10:22:24AM
I love Griffin, but it almost sounds like he's making excuses before the fight has even happened. I really dont want to see him lose.
KungFuMaster
7/7/11 12:48:59PM
I have full confidence in Forrest. The man takes his weight cutting like no other and I believe he is just goofing off to the media.

The jet-lag is true. As a prior Military personnel, I can confirm jet-lag negatively affects your energy and livelihood. I hope Dana brings all the fighters to Brazil at least one week ahead of time. For me, it took two solid days to adjust from the jet-lag and I am not talking about 4 - 6 hours of time differential; I am talking about a full day's difference.
emfleek
7/7/11 12:53:08PM
WAR SHOGUN!
prophecy033
7/7/11 5:08:49PM
Forrest is one funny mofo
bjj1605
7/7/11 5:32:21PM

Posted by Pookie

Adding to Griffin's problems will be the journey out to Brazil in the week before the fight, which will play havoc with his routines.

"It's difficult to adjust yourself [to another country]," said Griffin. "There's the jetlag thing, and it's difficult to make weight since Brazil doesn't have the distilled water I use in the US and the food I need to eat.

"It's always difficult to change your routine when you go to another country. I feel stupid because I can't communicate with people from the hotels and can't even say how I want my eggs. It's clearly a pain in the ass."

Hmm... I think this is a possible variable as to why foreign fighters don't live up to their potential as often as their American counterparts.

I think it was the main reason that Chuck lost to Rampage in pride. Rampage was way more used to fighting over seas. If that fight had been in the UFC Chuck would have won.
BustedKnuckle
7/8/11 5:31:15PM
Forrest is a gamesman if anything. He is probably ok on weight just screwing with Shogun, and all of us.