George St. Pierre's Sick Judo Toss on Matt Hughes *** GIF ***

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » George St. Pierre's Sick Judo Toss on Matt Hughes *** GIF ***
hotrodttt
12/31/07 1:46:01AM
It's pure awesomeness

TimW001
12/31/07 2:39:24AM
LOVE IT!

And the mean elbow!
ocho-cinco
12/31/07 3:32:56AM
GSP is to sick....blows me away how talented he is. He's out wrestling all these decorated wrestles, how about.....out...Judo....ing....someone like Parisyan. I know he beat him already, but I'm guessing he will do it again some time in 08.
Mastodon2
12/31/07 9:05:05AM
Yet another beautiful Haraigoshi used in MMA

I jumped out of my seat when GSP did that, really well executed!
fullerene
12/31/07 9:09:34AM
I can't believe that he can get a clean throw like that on a guy of Hughes' caliber. Just amazing. It would be like having Kermit Cintron fight in MMA and getting jabbed to death by an MMA fighter...you're not supposed to learn wrestling by "working out with wrestlers" without going through the formal competition process.

The only thing comparable to GSP outwrestling Koschek and Hughes that I've seen in MMA was Fedor kickboxing with CroCop, but he only held his own--GSP was shoving Hughes all over the cage.
Believe-in-judo81
12/31/07 12:44:29PM
Georges just keeps amazing me more and more each time he steps into a fight. His athleticism and raw talent are incredible, and the foot sweep to initiate that throw was absolutely beautiful. Great Technique, great fight, and a great fighter.
Boo_Radley21
12/31/07 2:06:24PM
That was a crazy throw. When it happened I was shocked lol I never saw it coming. He just threw him like it was nothing. He's so skilled in every aspect of the fight game that it's just ridiculous.
pv3Hpv3p
12/31/07 4:02:59PM
Anyone remember Hughes's comments on the ineffectiveness of Judo in MMA? I think it was before the karo fight was supposed to happen, I can't remember what he said exactly, but I know i thought of it on saturday in had to lol
emfleek
12/31/07 4:05:04PM
O.W.N.E.D.
shinobi
1/4/08 4:01:08AM

Posted by Mastodon2

Yet another beautiful Haraigoshi used in MMA

I jumped out of my seat when GSP did that, really well executed!

finally, someone other than myself who KNOWS what the throw actually was, someone tried telling sherdog it was a tai otoshi....or osoto gari....mainly people who've never done judo, i know i've only been in it for a year but even i know the transition of it as i use it in wrestling because most wrestlers arent big throwers, unless they practice it often.
RampageOwnedYou
1/4/08 4:51:48AM
yep match looked like GSP Vs some kid who just had his first MMA ass whooping. And to think Matt would look better 2nd round, especially after horn asked matt "you ok" and matt replies with a look like (wtf you just ask me son)...and says "YAY".

RETIRE MATT!!! Go back to betting, something your good at.
garrick
1/4/08 9:35:04AM
I could watch this all day......
Trapt1nw0nder
1/4/08 9:42:16AM
am i the only one who only sees a black box with a "X" inside of it?

TrueNature
1/4/08 4:59:14PM
too slow, but its a great GIF
xchickox
1/4/08 5:29:10PM
thats awesome, sweet elbow