Gary Shaw Wants To Make A Match Between Kimbo And Tito Ortiz

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Gary Shaw Wants To Make A Match Between Kimbo And Tito Ortiz
grappler0000
12/17/07 1:49:26PM
Gary Shaw is calling out Tito Ortiz. According to Shaw, Tito's been making comments about his newly acquired meal ticket, Kevin Ferguson aka "Kimbo Slice".

“I keep seeing on TV Tito Ortiz talking about 'Kimbo Slice,'” said Shaw. “My answer to Tito Ortiz on the record is ‘come and get it buddy.’”

Link
mrsmiley
12/17/07 1:54:23PM
Doubt it will ever happen,but god if it did and Tito lost,well,he would cry a lot and I might too.
DCRage
12/17/07 2:24:31PM
Riiiiight...and it would have to be a catchweight fight or Kimbo would have to drop to LHW. Gary Shaw seems to be turning into Dana White 2.0-to quote Fedor, He Talks A Lot.
wrona666
12/17/07 2:29:01PM
That would be awesome....100 bucks says Tito gets knocked out cold!!!!!
moob
12/17/07 2:50:29PM
Tito would be certified if he took this fight on, and I strongly doubt Slice would ever make LHW.
nickcuc547
12/17/07 3:32:17PM
tito would gnp the shit out of that inexperienced overrated one punch fighter.
juanez13
12/17/07 4:13:23PM
i think tito would take this fight without breaking a sweat, kimbo is just a street fighter who looked good knocking cans in the internet, i bet tito would even beat him in a stand up battle ......and even if tito is at 205 and kimbo is at HW i still think tito would dominate him....
JimiMak
12/17/07 4:57:13PM
This would be the best matchup to put Kimbo in (from his pov) He would in all likelihood have a first rd ko over a former champ. Tito would have nothing to throw at someone that big and strong. He doesn't seem to have a lot of answers these days so it's not just about how good kimbo is but about how Tito no longer is.
wapttn
12/17/07 5:38:15PM
has anybody seen kimbo's ground game? nope. Think he can sprawl like a Div1 elite wrestler? nope. Tito is a big lhw.. probably one of the biggest in all of mma actually.. so chances are they would fight at a catch weight where tito would probably end up giving up maybe 20lbs. Whats gonna happen? tito will put kimbo on his ass, and GNp his ass out.

But this is never gonna happen, tito is a top10 lwh and kimbo has a win over bo cantrell, maybe they'll make it happen when kimbo has more than one pro mma fight under his belt.
Mayhem13
12/17/07 5:59:17PM
this fight isnt going to happen, so theres really no need to speculate.

but it would be a kind of cool match-up, Tito definately has the experiance...and should be able to take him down and use some ground and pound...but I dont know if his head is in the game anymore.....he's trying to do too much and I dont think he is mentally a very good fighter anymore, and could very well get KO'd by the heavy hands kimbo throws
silverbullet
12/17/07 6:47:19PM
As much as I can't stand Tito, he will destroy Kimbo standing, he will destroy Kimbo on the ground, and he will destroy Kimbo in mid-air. No matter how you look at it, Tito is a professional MMA fighter, and Kimbo is a dude who got famous for some Youtube videos.

Guys like Kimbo Slice are a clear indication that MMA is nowhere near the level of boxing in terms of the talent pool. If some gangbanger with heavy hands can put the world of MMA on its head, it is a sad day for the sport.

The people who post here are supposed to know a thing or two about MMA, yet 90% seriously believe that Kimbo has a chance against a guy like Tito Ortiz. Stop drinking all that Kool-Aid.

I bet all the boxing fans are having a blast right about now.
pv3Hpv3p
12/17/07 6:56:25PM

Posted by wapttn

has anybody seen kimbo's ground game? nope. Think he can sprawl like a Div1 elite wrestler?

Just to knit pick Tito was never a div I wrestler... Junior college and div II at Cal - Bakersfield....

Did everyone else know he was going to be on the celebrity apprentice?
JimiMak
12/17/07 7:35:10PM
Yeah, isn't the Apprentice thing the reason to wait for the spring for another Tito fight?

Yet another reason to believe he isn't in anywhere near the shape to fight a hard hitter like that. You can't tell me you don't think he hits hard. Tito has never done well when faced w/ top strikers. Just cuz of where he got famous has nothing to do w/ how you should view kimbo. He has top training, top coaching, Bas talks him up more than any of his other guys (bas has a good believable rep), and in these two fights he has shown he is expanding at least a little, he knew enuf to choke out a boxer rather that box him, he knew to swing at a guy that had no chin. He'll get real tests, and because of the clash in styles and the way Tito is going down and he's going up... well if you don't think he has a chance then you haven't watched mma this year.

I won't even aknowledge the boxing comments, cuz they were stupid and out of line on this kind of site. And I'm not the guy to get into an internet argument w/ you about boxing vs mma or anything for that matter.
silverbullet
12/17/07 9:30:38PM

Posted by JimiMak

Yeah, isn't the Apprentice thing the reason to wait for the spring for another Tito fight?

Yet another reason to believe he isn't in anywhere near the shape to fight a hard hitter like that. You can't tell me you don't think he hits hard. Tito has never done well when faced w/ top strikers. Just cuz of where he got famous has nothing to do w/ how you should view kimbo. He has top training, top coaching, Bas talks him up more than any of his other guys (bas has a good believable rep), and in these two fights he has shown he is expanding at least a little, he knew enuf to choke out a boxer rather that box him, he knew to swing at a guy that had no chin. He'll get real tests, and because of the clash in styles and the way Tito is going down and he's going up... well if you don't think he has a chance then you haven't watched mma this year.

I won't even aknowledge the boxing comments, cuz they were stupid and out of line on this kind of site. And I'm not the guy to get into an internet argument w/ you about boxing vs mma or anything for that matter.

Until Kimbo Slice has at least 15 pro fights under his belt, he has no business fighting people like Tito Ortiz or Quinton Jackson.
AndrewRJ
12/17/07 9:34:51PM
doesnt matter tito would take kimbo down and cut him up with bows
Vendetta
12/17/07 9:58:42PM
As long as elbows were allowed Tito would destroy Kimbo.
JimiMak
12/17/07 11:14:37PM
i dont get how Silverbullet makes a specific # fo fights to fight guys. We've all seen guys come in w/ few fights and do great, and we've all seen guys like Machida that have huge winning streaks against great comp to get a "good" fight. Tito has done nothing ot show that he is in the top 10 lately. Why shouldn't he fight Kimbo. IMO, If he fights someone in the top 10 that cheats someone out of a shot. He's done nothing lately to deserve to be above a lot of the guys that are ranked now. If he wants to do the Apprentice that's fine, doesn't mean I expect him to show up in 3 mos or w/e to be the tito that fought 5 yrs ago. And none of us has any idea what could happen w/ Kimbo in the next yr or 2.
EliasG
12/17/07 11:37:10PM
Kimbo needs a lot more experience with fights in a cage and MMA. HE is good and I love his whole persona and his youtube fights but honestly, this isn't the right time. Seriously, if that fight happened, TIto would NEVER stand with Kimbo, he'd take him down and pound h im. He'd test Kimbo's sprawl..we'd find out it is okay but not close to stopping Tito...and then Tito would simply pound Kimbo until Kimbo got exhausted, gave up his back and got choked out.

IF he fights for longer, he'll gain the experience he needs to fight guys on TIto's level. THEN he'll be a brute force to be reckoned with.