Gary Shaw: Dana Ruined Lesnar Right Off The Bat

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Gary Shaw: Dana Ruined Lesnar Right Off The Bat
DCRage
2/12/08 2:11:11PM
Once again EliteXC Live Events President Gary Shaw has launched a verbal salvo at his counterpart, UFC President Dana White. This time Shaw's rather displeased with White's handling of Brock Lesnar.

Article
telnights
2/12/08 2:20:18PM
Just more Gary Shaw being Gary Shaw. He just wishes Lesnar would have fought in his show.
tuvok500
2/12/08 2:28:25PM
In opposite to Elite/Xc, the UFC don't give a can to every new fighter they sigh just to padded their record !!
Lesnar got Mir and lost the fight as predicted , the UFC is not a place to padded your record , Elite/XC and Cage Rage are there for that !!

Go Dana !!

tberg420
2/12/08 3:03:33PM
I wonder if Gary Shaw realizes that his "Big" name is fighting Tank Abbot this weekend. Thanks for the business knowledge Gary. I'm sure that Zuffa is going to listen to you and your corrupt boxing techniques.
Kpro
2/12/08 3:11:53PM
The only reason he thinks Lesnar is ruined is because Gary Shaw has no idea how to promote a fighter after a loss.
GermanWolf
2/12/08 3:11:54PM
And no one knows how to ruin a fighter like Gary Shaw.

"Go ahead Diego, take that rematch with Castillo even though he didn't make weight and will be 20 pounds heavier than you by fight time."

"Don't worry about your weight heading into the Casamayor fight, Diego. I'll monitor it!"

"I DEFINITELY think you should move up and fight Clottey, Diego!"

"Oh, and Diego, don't forget to speed while drunk!
CornishMMA
2/12/08 3:23:01PM
Hey now come on guys that is rather more apt than when Dana said it!

Dana said Sakikabara was dumb for "ruining" his champ Wandy by making him fight Hendo, Hmmm not so much, it was a great fight between champions in 2 divisions, something the UFC will do soon no doubt

Shaw is making the point that the UFC would have been better served giving the intrigued WWE fans what they wanted to see, Brock winning, they should have built him up slowly its the only way that makes sense

And cos of that Gary Shaw is spot on and has won a nice battle in what im sure will be a very long war of words with Dana White
Canadian-Pain
2/12/08 3:27:09PM
I Dont agree at all. Alot of people never gave Brock a hope in hell of even showing up

He pounded the snot out of Mir to the point i could have seen it almost being stopped and made a total rookie mistake and tried to stand and get the knockout blow (over confident as Mir had no retaliation to his on slaught)

i think he showed potential where alot thought he had zero.
brutalbones
2/12/08 3:50:53PM
Are people really still listening to Gary Shaw? He's an idiot.
BlazinSaddle
2/12/08 4:27:20PM
sooo he wanted brock to fight another can, he almost beat frank if he didnt hit the back of his head 5 times, i mean he didnt do that bad against a former champ if you ask me, that was probably the best he could have done except maybe KO mir on the feet
pv3Hpv3p
2/12/08 4:31:12PM

Posted by tuvok500

In opposite to Elite/Xc, the UFC don't give a can to every new fighter they sigh just to padded their record !!
Lesnar got Mir and lost the fight as predicted , the UFC is not a place to padded your record , Elite/XC and Cage Rage are there for that !!

Go Dana !!

Very true... Just ask Roger Huerta!!
JimiMak
2/12/08 4:34:35PM
Shaw should open a pro wrestling circuit if that's the way he feels. He's stupid.

It was stupid to have your lhw champ fight a smaller champ (esp cuz he got beat, but either way). UFC will likely never do that.
postman
2/12/08 6:26:12PM
Shaw is putting all his money on Kimbo who is simply a street fighter when he has a guy like Bigfoot that IMO is one of the best HW out there. Shaw only cares about putting money in his pocket. I guess thats what is important to him but I think in the long run Kimbo is going to let him down.
Hurricaneg
2/12/08 9:26:00PM
Brock asked to fight Mir , dana just gave what he asked
SmileR
2/13/08 8:48:48AM
Man i hate this guy!
He's a wana be Dana! Who wants to be known as a wana be Dana White?
mmadb
2/13/08 9:14:32AM

Posted by postman

Shaw is putting all his money on Kimbo who is simply a street fighter when he has a guy like Bigfoot that IMO is one of the best HW out there. Shaw only cares about putting money in his pocket. I guess thats what is important to him but I think in the long run Kimbo is going to let him down.

Minus the Kimbo junk, one can argue that Dana only cares about the same thing.
DCRage
2/13/08 9:53:32AM

Posted by SmileR

Man i hate this guy!

Someone trying to draw attention to his promotion and big upcoming event. Which might be Gary's strategy with the timing of his shots-they seem to conicide with upcoming EXC events (in this case Kimbo vs. Tank).
chubbud22
2/14/08 1:41:12PM
There is no way in HELL! Lesner is ruined, he beat the crap out of mir before giving him thay knee. He just needs to learn some jiu-jitsu defense.
Rush
2/14/08 5:02:01PM

Posted by tuvok500

Lesnar got Mir and lost the fight as predicted , the UFC is not a place to padded your record ,

Unless your name is Jon Fitch.
FantasyFighter
2/15/08 9:53:38AM
I got a great way to settle this debate... You take the EliteXC poster boy, Kimbo, and put him in a cage with Lesnar and then see who wins. My money would be on Brock.
Jackelope
2/15/08 2:18:15PM
^^ That's a freakshow type fight that I would love to see.

I think Kimbo would tool Lesnar on the feet but then get taken down and be completely out of his game.
scoozna
2/15/08 2:55:47PM

...but it just shows that Dana doesn’t know what he’s doing...

Yeah right. What an ass.

I'll go with Dana's characterization of Shaw on this one.
postman
2/15/08 5:14:57PM

Posted by mmadb

Posted by postman

Minus the Kimbo junk, one can argue that Dana only cares about the same thing.

agreed
SmileR
2/18/08 8:03:24PM

Posted by DCRage

Posted by SmileR

Man i hate this guy!

Someone trying to draw attention to his promotion and big upcoming event. Which might be Gary's strategy with the timing of his shots-they seem to conicide with upcoming EXC events (in this case Kimbo vs. Tank).

That is true.