Gabi Garcia to fight 52-year-old Shinobu Kandori at RIZIN year-end show

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Gabi Garcia to fight 52-year-old Shinobu Kandori at RIZIN year-end show
jae_1833
11/26/16 3:27:29PM
link

Brazilian jiu-jitsu champion Gabi Garcia will meet 52-year-old veteran Shinobu Kandori on Dec. 31 at RIZIN FF's year-end event. The promotion announced the booking late Friday night.

Kandori, a former Japanese professional wrestler turned politician, will be competing in mixed martial arts for the first time since 2000. Standing just 5-foot-7, and weighing under 165 pounds, she will be vastly outsized by the 6'1", 210-pound Garcia.
tildengolfer
11/27/16 7:13:32PM
Quality match making right there. Glad to see two future title contenders given a shot to prove themselves in a deep division filled with killers. I'm glad Gabi got Kandori seeing as they match up well together. It will come down to their camps and whoever comes in with the better camp will walk away with their hand raised.
tildengolfer
1/8/17 2:24:53PM
I finally got around to watching this fight (as I normally sleep during night time lol). All I have to say is.........Japan....WTF!?!
FlashyG
1/8/17 2:30:44PM

Posted by tildengolfer

I finally got around to watching this fight (as I normally sleep during night time lol). All I have to say is.........Japan....WTF!?!

Actually the Garcia v Kandori fight was cancelled late and RIZIN instead matched her up on short notice with the 49 year old woman that Kandori beat in her last fight (16 years ago).