Fitch out of fight with Hughes

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fitch out of fight with Hughes
Bemin
11/24/07 12:36:46AM
MMAmania can confirm that Fitch is not available to fight that weekend. In fact, he told us today, “I’m not even going to be in the country. I’ll be in Vietnam tending to some personal matters.”

Link
nickcuc547
11/24/07 9:57:05AM
disappointing news, hughes vs. fitch would be a great fight and i was really hoping it would happen (even though i didnt think it really would its still disappointing.)
jae_1833
11/24/07 1:10:40PM
LAME....I knew something would come up to stop this!
spikerman19
11/24/07 1:40:55PM
It has to be Huges vs GSP/Karo ............not Alves!
bullettdodger
11/24/07 3:02:06PM

Posted by spikerman19

UFC isn't going to put Hughes up against GSP right now, perhaps Karo, but he has a broken hand so thats not going to happen either. There is no reason to put GSP up against Hughes right now because it doesn't fit in with Dana's grand design. If Hughes wins against Serra (whenever it happens) then we get a great match up in GSP V Hughes 3 probably the last Hughes V GSP we're going to see too. On the flip side of that coin is if Serra wins the UFC still wins because they get to have a grudge match between Serra and GSP which will make em even more money... The only thing that isn't good for the UFC in a situation like this is Serra's injury. If They don't fight, everyone loses... so I would prefer Hughes not fight, if that is Serra is ready to fight sometime soon. With the Disc slip... i don't think its going to happen anytime soon...so Hughes has to fight someone to stay on top of his game and defend #1 condendership so he doesn't get rusty waiting for Serra's ass to recover.
Manak
11/24/07 6:24:05PM

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by spikerman19

UFC isn't going to put Hughes up against GSP right now, perhaps Karo, but he has a broken hand so thats not going to happen either. There is no reason to put GSP up against Hughes right now because it doesn't fit in with Dana's grand design. If Hughes wins against Serra (whenever it happens) then we get a great match up in GSP V Hughes 3 probably the last Hughes V GSP we're going to see too. On the flip side of that coin is if Serra wins the UFC still wins because they get to have a grudge match between Serra and GSP which will make em even more money... The only thing that isn't good for the UFC in a situation like this is Serra's injury. If They don't fight, everyone loses... so I would prefer Hughes not fight, if that is Serra is ready to fight sometime soon. With the Disc slip... i don't think its going to happen anytime soon...so Hughes has to fight someone to stay on top of his game and defend #1 condendership so he doesn't get rusty waiting for Serra's ass to recover.

agreed, this a bad situation for the ufc and fans and delays the stacked ww div from progressin anytime soon.
Vietnamese_Guy
11/24/07 6:59:48PM
Vietnam? WTF?

maybe his dad was imprisoned by the Vietcong way back when
jiujitsufreak74
11/25/07 12:36:33PM

Posted by Manak

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by spikerman19

agreed, this a bad situation for the ufc and fans and delays the stacked ww div from progressin anytime soon.

well...guess you guys were wrong, can't say i wasn't with you though, damn vietnam. well i guess we have to watch the WW division have the same title fights over and over again despite the gold mine of talent that it sits upon...
stickyhash421
11/25/07 10:45:11PM
its too bad because no matter what anybody says fitch deserves the title shot more than anybody, im not upset that GSP is getting the shot tho but it should be Fitch vs GSP for the next title fight asap! that is the superbowl of that division for sure