UFC Fight Night REVISED POLL - Which fight should be on the MAIN CARD?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC Fight Night REVISED POLL - Which fight should be on the MAIN CARD?
POLL: What should be the 4th Main Card fight?
Miller (13-2) -VS- Stephens (12-2) 34% (12)
Crane (8-1) -VS- Pellegrino (10-3) 11% (4)
Maynard (3-0) -VS- Siver (11-4) 20% (7)
Tavares (12-1) -VS- Omigawa (4-5) 20% (7)
Corey Hill (0-0) -VS- Veres (4-2) 14% (5)
Wiman (8-3) -VS- Buchholz (7-1) 0% (0)
CornishMMA
12/3/07 6:17:04AM
Thought id do a new thread what with the joint leading fight being changed.

So these Fight Night events always have 4 main card fights and 5 prelims, usually 1 quick prelim is shown but as it stands now these 3 fights will definately be on the Main Card -

Swick VS Burkman
Cote VS McFedries
Diaz VS Robinson

But what i wondered was which fight do you want to be the 4th Main Card fight???
NatedawgThaM
12/3/07 6:21:59AM
Maynard-Siver for me. Maynard was my fav. on BJ's team on TUF5. great wrestler. Excellent potential and an easy force to be reckoned with that will be hard to stop in a year or 2.

But in reality. They might see that as a boring wrestling match even though none of Gray's fights were boring on TUF5 and his last fight at the finale was easily FOTN and a FOTY candiate. In reality I see them showing the Corey Hill fight just since they didn't show him on TUF5 and they don't want the fans asking about him and everyone wants to see how he's developed since the show and how good he's gotten and plus he was a huge personality on the show...

So my vote is for thr gray fight but they'll most likely show the Corey Hill one..
CornishMMA
12/3/07 6:32:32AM
Grays main fight on the show wasnt boring cos Diaz subbed in the 1st!
His fight with Emerson wasnt that good bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont think you could even give it FOTN let alone FOTY!

But even if Gray does have that potential, seeing him win easily against weak opposition cant be as as good as the other 2 highly competative fights?
NatedawgThaM
12/3/07 6:51:39AM

Posted by CornishMMA

His fight with Emerson wasnt that good bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont think you could even give it FOTN let alone FOTY!

But even if Gray does have that potential, seeing him win easily against weak opposition cant be as as good as the other 2 highly competative fights?

Not FOTN? Are you serious? Huerta's fight was boring up until the 2nd round stoppage. The Manny-Diaz fight wasn't that entertaining even though my boy got the injury win.ut Manny was just LNPing Diaz. The Thales fight wasn't anything spectacular. The only fight IMO you could give FOTN other then Gray's fight is the BJ fight. And I wouldn't even give that FOTN because it was just BJ outgrappling Jens for 2 rounds and treating him like one of his rookie students by taking him to grappling school! Grays fight was exciting on the feet and was a great ground fight too. Excellent fight! You must forgot what the fight looked like.
Scott_Revels
12/3/07 2:02:28PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by CornishMMA

Not FOTN? Are you serious? Huerta's fight was boring up until the 2nd round stoppage. The Manny-Diaz fight wasn't that entertaining even though my boy got the injury win.ut Manny was just LNPing Diaz. The Thales fight wasn't anything spectacular. The only fight IMO you could give FOTN other then Gray's fight is the BJ fight. And I wouldn't even give that FOTN because it was just BJ outgrappling Jens for 2 rounds and treating him like one of his rookie students by taking him to grappling school! Grays fight was exciting on the feet and was a great ground fight too. Excellent fight! You must forgot what the fight looked like.

Pssh. Fools. Didn't you hear. Cole Miller/Andy Wang was fight of the night.. Just because Andy Wang got knocked out. Lmao.
JuggaloWarrior878
12/4/07 1:31:31AM
stephens vs miller sounds great but i gotta see what corey hill can do, hope its on the main card
CornishMMA
12/4/07 7:06:17AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by CornishMMA

yeah i spose its just the fact it was a NC that put me off giving it FOTN, it prolly did deserve it, Miller should of got KOOTN not FOTN, it only lasted 2 mins ffs!

They still havnt even officially announced this event, but yeah i agree that it will most likely be Corey Hills fight, will look good to market, a 5'6 guy fighting a 6'5 guy throwback to UFC 5 David VS Goliath
Ordep
12/5/07 9:17:09AM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by CornishMMA

yeah i spose its just the fact it was a NC that put me off giving it FOTN, it prolly did deserve it, Miller should of got KOOTN not FOTN, it only lasted 2 mins ffs!

They still havnt even officially announced this event, but yeah i agree that it will most likely be Corey Hills fight, will look good to market, a 5'6 guy fighting a 6'5 guy throwback to UFC 5 David VS Goliath

^ actually UFC 8 , held in San Juan, Puerto Rico.... I was too young for that time so I didn't go
CornishMMA
12/5/07 12:01:05PM
Yeah its a shame Sylvia Monson wasnt on that card

So the poll suggests Miller Stephens is the most wanted, but those others are great fights as well, my preference is that one but 2nd would be Cranes, 3rd Hills, 4th Maynards and 5th Wimans, it will be a great fight night regardless of the 4th main card fight
Pitbull09
12/5/07 1:10:06PM
I still want to see maynard regardless of who he fights. Hes an exciting and up and coming fighter in that weight class
SexPanther
12/5/07 4:05:43PM
crane vs. pelligrino