UFC Fight Night POLL - Which fight should be on the MAIN CARD?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC Fight Night POLL - Which fight should be on the MAIN CARD?
POLL: What should be the 4th Main Card fight?
Miller (13-2) -VS- Stephens (12-2) 32% (19)
Crane (8-1) -VS- Pellegrino (10-3) 17% (10)
Wiman (8-3) -VS- Buchholz (7-1) 2% (1)
Maynard (3-0) -VS- Grice (9-1) 27% (16)
Tavares (12-1) -VS- Omigawa (4-5) 14% (8)
Corey Hill (0-0) -VS- Veres (4-2) 8% (5)
CornishMMA
11/27/07 7:50:51AM
So these Fight Night events always have 4 main card fights and 5 prelims, usually 1 quick prelim is shown but as it stands now these 3 fights will definately be on the Main Card -

Swick VS Burkman
Cote VS McFedries
Diaz VS Robinson

But what i wondered was which fight do you want to be the 4th Main Card fight???
madmarck
11/27/07 9:38:18AM
i would say maynard and Grice.
Simply b/c the rest of the undercard basically has fights where one fighter is unknown and the other known.

Plus Maybard is proving to be a fan favorite adn Grice just beat Jason Black. Winner of this fight moves up in the rankings more than any other on the undercard.
scoozna
11/27/07 10:02:45AM
I can't see putting different fighters above Pelligrino or Tavares. Even though they could be blow-outs I think either one of them deserves the main card bout.
loonytnt
11/27/07 11:36:47AM
id like to see cory hill,just to see
CornishMMA
11/27/07 11:55:29AM

Posted by loonytnt

id like to see cory hill,just to see

Erm well have you voted for him then cos i was surprised to open the thread up and see no votes for Corey!?!

Id like to see him as well, but i would prefer the Miller Stephens fight tbh, the Crane Pelligrino is a close 3rd

Damn all these fights are great why cant they just show them all? I know we can get to see them anyway but still
Lay_N_Pray
11/27/07 12:03:26PM
Any chance I have of watching Thiago Tavares I want to see it. He is really fun to watch and is gonna continue to improve
Aaronno9
11/27/07 12:23:12PM
i voted for the cole miller fight, i think hes got a bright future and i really like watching him. I hope he gets a win, then gets put in against nate diaz. I think thatd be a good fight.

- im interested to see corey fight again to so thats a close second.
Scott_Revels
11/27/07 3:31:14PM
I think Grice/Maynard will be a war, and will likely result in a knockout. For that reason, i'm picking it. My next choice would be Tavarres/Omigawa, just because Tavarres is a rising prospect, but because it's his first fight after a loss it'll likely be bumped. Like the poll the fourth fight will likely either be Grice/Maynard or Miller/Stephens.
cowcatcher
11/27/07 3:41:03PM
im guessing it will be maynard/grice, but if cole or tavares are on the main card i wont complain
Pitbull09
11/27/07 5:21:07PM
Maynard vs Grice for sure. Maynards last fight was a 9 second KO and they showed an interview with Forest Griffin instead!! I expect them to show Corey Hill cause there is some retarded hype with him being tall. Maynard deserves air time and I will be pissed if I dont see his fight
jomatty
11/28/07 4:13:44AM
id like to see robinson/pellegrino, however i must say that as far as undercards go this is pretty stacked. second place is maynard/grice and that could end up being fight of the night.
CornishMMA
11/29/07 6:22:08AM

Posted by Scott_Revels

I think Grice/Maynard will be a war, and will likely result in a knockout.

it wil be a great fight but very much doubt a KO, they are both primarily wrestlers, Gray getting a KO in his last fight was a bit of a freak result tbh and Grice has never really had a KO

I see that fight as an exciting battle of good wrestlers but very likely to go to the judges and therefore its not the best fight that could be shown imho

The poll is currently tied 11-11, come on people the Miller Stephens is easily the better fight!

Posted by jomatty

id like to see robinson/pellegrino

LOL well you are shitt out of luck dude cos they arent fighting each other
MondayNiteMauser
11/29/07 11:32:25AM
Maynard for sure but i wouldn't mind seeing how Corey Hill looks since his training with Gumpy
CornishMMA
11/29/07 3:30:59PM

Posted by MondayNiteMauser

Maynard for sure but i wouldn't mind seeing how Corey Hill looks since his training with Gumpy

Explain why you like Maynard so much please? he is a good prospect but there are more exciting fighters out there and im surprsied at how many people wanna see that fight over the others
JWils
11/29/07 4:13:29PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Explain why you like Maynard so much please? he is a good prospect but there are more exciting fighters out there and im surprsied at how many people wanna see that fight over the others

I voted for Maynard vs. Grice mainly because I would like to see Grice again. I've watched him against Black & Terry Etim. Both were very good fights. Maynard has a bright future and has already shown improvement. Plus, I enjoyed his personality on TUF.

Very even matchup that I have no idea who will win. Those are the fights that I like to see on the main card.
MondayNiteMauser
11/30/07 8:14:27AM

Posted by CornishMMA

Maynard has brought excitement everytime he has fought and that's what i look for in my cards .....exciting fighters. plus grice is tough guy too.
CornishMMA
11/30/07 4:51:39PM
But "everytime" is actually only twice isnt it? unless you count his fights on the show where he gets tapped by Diaz quickly

Should we do a new thread and poll with the amended fight then? (Maynard is fighting Dennis Siver NOT Grice as fist thought) - Or should we just assume Miller Stephens is the most desired fight now?
nickcuc547
11/30/07 4:57:24PM
crane vs. pellegrino is the next most intriging matchup imo, pellegrino is a very good fighter who can beat just about anybody in the division and crane has a ton of upside. but i think they will go with a tuf fight, either the cole miller fight or the gray maynard fight.
tylerlee123
12/1/07 4:50:37PM
I think out of all these fighters Tavares is the most established of the rest his fight should definately be on the main card
DangerMouse666
12/1/07 8:54:47PM
Miller/Stephans is my pick, want see if Cole is that good or not.