Fight bonuses, who gets cut, and Injuries from UFC 113

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Fight bonuses, who gets cut, and Injuries from UFC 113
jae_1833
5/9/10 1:34:16AM
link
$65,000 fight-night bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Jeremy Stephens and Sam Stout
- Submission of the Night: Alan Belcher
- Knockout of the Night: Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
Dana White - "Daley is done, never again in the UFC"
Dana White - "That was probably Kimbo's last fight in the UFC"
Dana White - "Jason MacDonald is in the hospital, broken leg in 2 places"
lohmann
5/9/10 1:48:33AM
I think Hague will be cut as well. He was already cut once and brought back to fight Joey Beltran, and if he can't beat Joey Beltran, it's doubtless he'll ever be a bona fide contender.

Yoshida and Goulet will most likely be cut, TJ Grant will possibly be cut, and Tom Lawlor would be an outside possibility (saved by his partial dominance in his losses and likable personality).
sbulldavid
5/9/10 1:54:18AM
I think Grant and Lawlor got one more fight
jae_1833
5/9/10 2:00:04AM
+1
RearNakedJoke
5/9/10 2:05:35AM

Lawlor is pure entertainment! I look forward to his next fight (and weigh in)

what happened to macdonald? result was listed as ko/tko.
hippysmacker
5/9/10 2:10:26AM

Posted by RearNakedJoke

He looked like a Dan Severn impersonator
jae_1833
5/9/10 2:14:42AM

Posted by RearNakedJoke

MacDonald lands a high kick and tries to pounce, but he slips to guard and grabs a guillotine. He quickly lets go, and Salter sets up on top. Miragliotta rushes in quickly to stop the fight. Confusion at first, but replays show MacDonald's left leg buckled under him grotesquely on the fall to the floor, and his ankle appears broken.
Dana stated after the fight that it broke in 2 places....
DCRage
5/9/10 7:41:39AM

Posted by RearNakedJoke

Whenever a fight is stopped due to injury, as last night's was, it's always declared a TKO unless it was due to an illegal blow. Not the case last night.

As for the losers after last night, what I think...
Yoshida: Gone. Losing Streak Of Doom and is now 1-3 in UFC.
Grant: Probably gets one more fight. 2-2 in UFC.
Goulet: Probably gone. True, he's coming back after a 17-month absence but he still has the Losing Streak Of Doom. Will miss the hair.
Lawlor: Possibly gone. His weigh-in antics can't overshadow the Losing Streak Of Doom. When you can back it up in the cage then you can show off all you want. Career advice, Tom: WWE.
Stout: Possibly gone. He's now just 4-5 career in UFC.
Cote: Possibly gone. Despite that win streak and title shot pre-injury, he's only 4-6 career in UFC and now has the Losing Streak Of Doom. Best-case is one more chance.
Hague: Gone. 3 in a row. Only came back as injury replacement.
MacDonald: Should get another chance. He was doing well outside UFC and because of the injury I'll be a bit more sympathetic here.
Daley: Will be back someday. Dana using "never" is all you need to know. When he says never, definitely, etc. it almost always means the opposite eventually happens.
Kimbo: Doubt he'll be back unless he were to drop to 205. He did good though. I'm not a fan of him but I have a lot more respect for him.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
5/9/10 11:11:54AM
I dont think they will cut Cote', I really dont think they'll cut him...as far as Stout, I don't think they'll cut him but I could see him being allowed to fight a couple smaller shows for some wins
pedrosilva
5/9/10 11:57:41AM

Posted by lohmann

I think Hague will be cut as well. He was already cut once and brought back to fight Joey Beltran, and if he can't beat Joey Beltran, it's doubtless he'll ever be a bona fide contender.

Yoshida and Goulet will most likely be cut, TJ Grant will possibly be cut, and Tom Lawlor would be an outside possibility (saved by his partial dominance in his losses and likable personality).

agree
Rabi
5/9/10 1:22:19PM
Stout won FOTN so I dont think he will be shocked, also trying to build up some quality UFC fighters and outside of GSP ( world class) Stout and Cote are Canada's best fighters IMO.

A big winner last night who deserves a special mention is Joe Doerksen. He has earnt him self a way back to the big show.
Cdellorso
5/9/10 1:33:32PM
STOUT CUT??? no way that dude is a gamer what a fight - thought he could possibly squeek the win there- He is a slow starter but its usually who wins in the end that gets the victory and I thought he dominated RD 3.
Both Fighters are VERY entertainning.
RyanC
5/9/10 1:40:23PM
Yoshida, Goulet, Kimbo, Daley, and Hague should all be gone without a doubt. . . after that I'd be surprised to see anyone else get cut.
prozacnation1978
5/9/10 6:49:20PM
dlaey and kimbo out

as well as hague, yoshida, goulet (long overdue) and maybe even tj grant

i think mcdonald gets another shot,

and thank god i picked belcher
i think him vs damien maia might happen
DCRage
5/12/10 11:57:34AM
MacDonald says he'll be back. Just not until fall. What he said: "I spoke with Joe Silva that night and he relayed to me it was a freak accident and when it heals I would be given the opportunity to do it again. That makes me feel good. Now I just have to recover. The UFC has called me everyday since to touch base and see how I'm doing. It just goes to show they really do care about the fighters." His injury was worse than first thought, best-case for a return seems to be 4 months.