Fedor Doesn't Deserve To Step Inside The Octagon

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fedor Doesn't Deserve To Step Inside The Octagon
« Previous Page
jlock003
7/2/10 12:12:15PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by bjj1605

Fedor on TUF might just be the funniest hypothetical situation I've imagined in a while...

Could you imagine being one of the 32 guys having to fight to get into the house and drawing Fedor for your first fight?

You may as well tap out as soon as they make the fight announcement.

Yeah unless you're a BJJ blackbelt! ZING! Sorry couldn't resist. Seriously though anybody else think maybe Fedor could drop the weight and go 205??? Not that he can't still kick ass as a heavyweight, but you have to admit he is a bit pudgy. I kinda feel like the struggles he had with Rodgers against the cage would be miniscule in comparison to the issues Overeem would give him if he got him against the cage.
MattHughesRules
7/2/10 2:20:30PM
This is a joke in my opinion. Fedor loses one fight....EVER....and this is what Dana comes out with. Make no mistake, Fedor would still destroy most if not all of the guys in the UFC. He is the best HW mixed martial artist ever and in my opinion still tops in the world. He got subbed my Werdum, who is by far the best ground fighter in the division....on the planet. If you fight long enough you are going to lose no matter how good you are. I would like to see Lesnar or Carwin fight all of the guys Fedor has beaten and see if they could come away with a perfect record. Dana know Fedor is the pinnacle of the HW division and has to posture because he knows he can't sign him. Fedor vs. Lesnar would be the biggest PPV EVER for the UFC.....by far. Far more than the 1.5 million buys for UFC 100.

I respect Dana White for the growth of this sport and bringing us great fights but he is always wrong when it comes to Fedor.
bjj1605
7/2/10 2:41:27PM

Posted by jlock003

Posted by emfleek

Posted by bjj1605

Fedor on TUF might just be the funniest hypothetical situation I've imagined in a while...

Could you imagine being one of the 32 guys having to fight to get into the house and drawing Fedor for your first fight?

You may as well tap out as soon as they make the fight announcement.

Yeah unless you're a BJJ blackbelt! ZING! Sorry couldn't resist. Seriously though anybody else think maybe Fedor could drop the weight and go 205??? Not that he can't still kick ass as a heavyweight, but you have to admit he is a bit pudgy. I kinda feel like the struggles he had with Rodgers against the cage would be miniscule in comparison to the issues Overeem would give him if he got him against the cage.

He could easily drop to 205. He just doesn't want to.
jlock003
7/2/10 3:24:33PM

Posted by MattHughesRules

This is a joke in my opinion. Fedor loses one fight....EVER....and this is what Dana comes out with. Make no mistake, Fedor would still destroy most if not all of the guys in the UFC. He is the best HW mixed martial artist ever and in my opinion still tops in the world. He got subbed my Werdum, who is by far the best ground fighter in the division....on the planet. If you fight long enough you are going to lose no matter how good you are. I would like to see Lesnar or Carwin fight all of the guys Fedor has beaten and see if they could come away with a perfect record. Dana know Fedor is the pinnacle of the HW division and has to posture because he knows he can't sign him. Fedor vs. Lesnar would be the biggest PPV EVER for the UFC.....by far. Far more than the 1.5 million buys for UFC 100.

I respect Dana White for the growth of this sport and bringing us great fights but he is always wrong when it comes to Fedor.

Again, I agree that Dana is wrong in this situation and more playing business than sincere about Fedor. However it's a difficult argument to say put Lesnar, or Carwin, or Cain, or Dos Santos in there with the guys Fedor has beaten and see if they come out unbeaten. I mean we have to face the fact that Big Nog, Cro Cop, Semmy Schilt, and certainly AA, and Tim Sylvia are not where they were in their primes. Mark Coleman, Matt Linland, Hong-Man Choi??? Any of the UFC top guys would murder those guys. Big Nog is the best argument, but he didn't look real good against Cain's gnp or boxing. I still think the guy could have tremendous success in the UFC and I am by no means saying he isn't even the best HW in the world, but after a loss (even if you believe it was a fluke, thats not you personally just anyone in general) it's open for discussion. If Brock loses tomorrow we will all be back to the discussion of whether or not he deserves to be fighting the best in the world with only 6 fights. It's just the nature of the sport.
BlueSkiesBurn
7/2/10 4:08:52PM

Posted by jlock003

Again, I agree that Dana is wrong in this situation and more playing business than sincere about Fedor. However it's a difficult argument to say put Lesnar, or Carwin, or Cain, or Dos Santos in there with the guys Fedor has beaten and see if they come out unbeaten. I mean we have to face the fact that Big Nog, Cro Cop, Semmy Schilt, and certainly AA, and Tim Sylvia are not where they were in their primes. Mark Coleman, Matt Linland, Hong-Man Choi??? Any of the UFC top guys would murder those guys. Big Nog is the best argument, but he didn't look real good against Cain's gnp or boxing. I still think the guy could have tremendous success in the UFC and I am by no means saying he isn't even the best HW in the world, but after a loss (even if you believe it was a fluke, thats not you personally just anyone in general) it's open for discussion. If Brock loses tomorrow we will all be back to the discussion of whether or not he deserves to be fighting the best in the world with only 6 fights. It's just the nature of the sport.

Sad but VERY true. for a good point.

EDIT: apparently I need to hook up with more people before I can prop you again.
Pages: 1 [2]