Facebook to stream remaining UFC 131 preliminary fights

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Facebook to stream remaining UFC 131 preliminary fights
emfleek
6/7/11 2:40:18PM
Sticking with recent tradition, all bouts from Saturday's UFC 131 event will air or stream in some form.

While the main card is slated for pay-per-view and two preliminary-card bouts air on a Spike TV "UFC Prelims" special, the remaining bouts now will be part of a free Facebook stream.

Facebook will stream five of the event's 12 fights.

UFC 131 takes place at Rogers Arena in Vancouver. Heavyweights Junior Dos Santos and Shane Carwin meet in the PPV headliner.

The bouts now scheduled for Facebook include light heavyweights Krzysztof Soszynski (25-11-1 MMA, 5-2 UFC) vs. Mike Massenzio (12-4 MMA, 1-2 UFC), middleweights Nick Ring (11-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) vs. James Head (7-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC), featherweights Dustin Poirier (9-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) vs. Jason Young (8-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC), heavyweights Joey Beltran (12-5 MMA, 2-2 UFC) vs. Aaron Rosa (16-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC), and featherweights Darren Elkins (12-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) vs. Michihiro Omigawa (12-9-1 MMA, 0-3 UFC).

LINK
Budgellism
6/7/11 2:53:58PM
Damn. Now I'm extra pissed I'll be missing the event.
emfleek
6/7/11 2:57:07PM

Posted by Budgellism

Ditto. I have a wedding to attend. There's a slight possibility that I'll be home to catch the PPV portion, though.
Twenty20Dollars
6/7/11 3:24:51PM
Going to make work suck even more.

I'm considering getting an iTouch or whatever to try and watch the fights at work, but Idk if it would work for a streaming video.
Budgellism
6/7/11 3:25:15PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Budgellism

Ditto. I have a wedding to attend. There's a slight possibility that I'll be home to catch the PPV portion, though.

I'll be at the cottage all weekend. No internet/tv Maybe if we get drunk enough some fights will break out and I'll be able to watch some sort of fighting.
KaibaThedon
6/7/11 9:20:29PM
watching everything live in the arena

got my tickets first day of presale and what a waste...

should be dead because everyone spent all their money on hockey tix

lol