Fabricio Werdum Wants to Fight Outside of Strikeforce Before Facing Fedor Emelianenko or Alistair Overeem

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fabricio Werdum Wants to Fight Outside of Strikeforce Before Facing Fedor Emelianenko or Alistair Overeem
jae_1833
11/16/10 2:08:29AM
link "I used this trip to make a couple of good contacts in Abu Dhabi and Japan. Strikeforce want me to return in March against Fedor [Emelianenko] or [Alistair] Overeem, but I'm looking forward to having a fight before that one. I don’t have an exclusive contract with Strikeforce, only for the U.S., and I got a nice proposal in Abu Dhabi and another one in Japan... My arm is 100 percent now and I feel that by February, I'll be ready to fight in Abu Dhabi or Japan."

hate4thestate
11/16/10 10:56:16AM
February? I was hoping for Dynamite!
babalu46
11/16/10 3:09:19PM
Does anybody know what this system is that he's "developed".
prozacnation1978
11/16/10 4:04:09PM
Strikeforce needs to be more firmer with their fighters
That is why ufc is good with exclusive contracts
The fighters fight when the promotion wants them
Werdum, fedor. Overeem. They should be fighting when and who ever
Strikeforce wants
hate4thestate
11/16/10 5:57:10PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Strikeforce needs to be more firmer with their fighters
That is why ufc is good with exclusive contracts
The fighters fight when the promotion wants them
Werdum, fedor. Overeem. They should be fighting when and who ever
Strikeforce wants

I disagree. Strikeforce does not always have fights for them. Also some of their divisions are not deep enough to keep some fighters happy with fights. It's good they can fight in Japan or where ever in between Strikeforce fights. Otherwise they would have already exhausted all the possible fights in Strikeforce. Besides I enjoy seeing Ubereem in K-1 and fighters fighting in Dream. With the UFC you would be lucky talking them into letting you participate in ADCC.
jae_1833
11/16/10 7:25:52PM

Posted by babalu46

Does anybody know what this system is that he's "developed".

Not at all man, I'm not a BJJ practicioner....I'm sure someboy around here is and may know though.