Donald Cerrone vs. Nate Diaz official, granted co-main-event status for UFC 141

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Donald Cerrone vs. Nate Diaz official, granted co-main-event status for UFC 141
FastKnockout
10/31/11 5:27:25PM
Get ready for some mean-mugging.

As MMAjunkie.com first reported Sunday night, Donald Cerrone and Nate Diaz will meet at December's UFC 141 event.

UFC brass today announced the contest and confirmed that the intriguing matchup will take the card's co-main-event slot.

LINK
DeadHead988
10/31/11 5:52:16PM
Judging by the amount of comments on the fight announcement thread, this will be an extremely popular and highly anticipated fight. Can't wait!
gartface
10/31/11 5:59:29PM

Posted by DeadHead988

Judging by the amount of comments on the fight announcement thread, this will be an extremely popular and highly anticipated fight. Can't wait!

I cannot wait for it either! Not often that I root for Cowboy.
Afflicted
10/31/11 6:10:29PM
OOOHH, my damn!! Don't know what else to say. Fight of the night for sure.
Chael_Sonnen
10/31/11 6:20:07PM
This will be what, 7 wins in a row?
sbulldavid
10/31/11 7:41:12PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by DeadHead988

I cannot wait for it either! Not often that I root for Cowboy.

I was just thinking the same thing.
DrivenDavies15
10/31/11 8:06:47PM
Great fight fits co-main event slot prefect as it will for sure produce fireworks! ill take Cerrone though by Decision or maybe a KO but Diaz has a pretty good chin, either way im suuuuuper excited
Bubbles
10/31/11 8:49:45PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

This will be what, 7 wins in a row?

tallica62
10/31/11 9:36:00PM
Awesome....Crap

Two of my fav. fighters....gonna be an awesome fight...im gonna give it to cerrone
KungFuMaster
10/31/11 10:34:01PM
This is definitely co-main event material. Both fighters are strong submission finishers, but what will make this fight entertaining is the stand up. Although both fighters are not known for knock outs, I predict the fight to end in one. I just have a hunch.
Pookie
10/31/11 10:45:23PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

This is definitely co-main event material. Both fighters are strong submission finishers, but what will make this fight entertaining is the stand up. Although both fighters are not known for knock outs, I predict the fight to end in one. I just have a hunch.

Totally agree. Both are highly aggressive on the feet and challenge their opponents range by nature.
prophecy033
10/31/11 10:55:14PM
YEAH BUDDY, I'm so down for this fight. WAR COWBOY
Chael_Sonnen
11/1/11 11:14:14AM
I bet you'll hear my whistle blowin' when my train rolls in
It goes (whistle) like dust in the wind
Stoned pimp, stoned freak, stoned out of my mind
I once was lost, but now I'm just blind
Palm trees and weeds, scabbed knees and rice
Get a map to the stars, find Heidi Fleiss
And if the price is right I'm gonna make my bid boy

And let Cali-for-ny-aye know why they call me
Cowboy baby
With the top let back and the sunshine shining
Cowboy baby
West coast chillin? with the Boone's Wine
I wanna be a Cowboy baby
Ridin' at night 'cause I sleep all day
Cowboy baby
I can smell a pig from a mile away

TKO - - in the 2nd for Mr. Cerrone
emfleek
11/1/11 11:40:48AM
I'm wondering how long it takes Cerrone to start with the childish/idiotic insults.

I'll admit, Diaz is one of my favorites but that has nothing to do with it. I'd root for myself to contract herpes from a prison gangbang before I'd root for Cerrone.

WAR NATE! WHOOP 'DAT TRICK!

gartface
11/1/11 7:48:51PM

Posted by emfleek
I'd root for myself to contract herpes from a prison gangbang before I'd root for Cerrone.

You say it like it's that bad of a thing.
calitrees
11/1/11 8:34:04PM
Love Nate but i dont see him having an answer for Cerrones leg kicks diaz doesnt throw them ever