Despite impressive TUF 13 Finale win, George Roop isn't fully happy with his career

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Despite impressive TUF 13 Finale win, George Roop isn't fully happy with his career
emfleek
6/7/11 9:30:58AM
Thanks to George Roop, Josh Grispi is no longer a red-hot prospect – and instead is a featherweight on the ropes of a deep division.

A body shot from "The Ultimate Fighter 8" veteran put Grispi (14-3 MMA, 0-2 UFC) on the canvas this past Saturday at The Ultimate Fighter 13 Finale and removed any illusions the youngster is ready for a shot at champ Jose Aldo, as the UFC believed he was at the end of this past year.

LINK
Lesnar1
6/7/11 10:18:10AM
George Roop v Leonard Garcia would be an awesome fight.
tallica62
6/7/11 11:00:32AM
Roop you confuse the hell outta me

I thought you sucked on TUF...you then won a DECISION (split) against Dave Kaplan who sucks...so I chalked you up to being not good

I was impressed with ur Garcia and then Chang Jung Sung KO and I thought hey, he has improved greatly..I like to watch him even thought I have always made my picks against him.

Against Hominick I finally made you my pick..you looked bad..so I then thought again maybe you werent good and just lucky

Then you win again this saturday...you confuse me

For now, I will side with you, but when I choose you to win, please win
Theoutlaw08
6/7/11 12:44:02PM

Posted by tallica62

Roop you confuse the hell outta me

I thought you sucked on TUF...you then won a DECISION (split) against Dave Kaplan who sucks...so I chalked you up to being not good

I was impressed with ur Garcia and then Chang Jung Sung KO and I thought hey, he has improved greatly..I like to watch him even thought I have always made my picks against him.

Against Hominick I finally made you my pick..you looked bad..so I then thought again maybe you werent good and just lucky

Then you win again this saturday...you confuse me

For now, I will side with you, but when I choose you to win, please win

Agree completely. I dont get him
Twenty20Dollars
6/7/11 1:36:30PM

Posted by Lesnar1

I think they already fought and it ended in a draw.

But, to be honest. I didn't see Roop being this successful or being with Zuffa as long as he has.
Bubbles
6/7/11 1:38:42PM

Posted by Lesnar1

i believe they already have fought and it ended in a draw.
Budgellism
6/7/11 2:15:59PM
Miracle draw. Garcia lost that fight.
quezocrema0032
6/7/11 8:50:25PM
i was telling everyone Roop isn't as bad as he is made out to be. His number 1 trait is his heart, 0 Quit in that guy. Then physically he is just so long for the division. I am a big Roop Fan
40ouncetpkid
6/8/11 1:11:26AM
haha completely agree with the guy who said he confuses him.

I don't get it either, he either looks like a world class fighter or a journeyman at best. Hopefully he can be more consistent because when the man is on he look ridiculously talented and a fight with Aldo would be absolute fireworks.
MMA-San
6/9/11 2:32:21AM
Roop is very unlucky.

He was straight robbed in his split decision loss to Shane Nelson in the UFC,

I mean, straight robbed.

Then in the WEC he was straight robbed of a win against Garcia, it ended up a draw, but still he dominated the whole fight, got a point taken away yes, but still.

Also why was his win over Kaplan split, he dominated the hell out of that fight,

Good thing he stopped Grispie, the judges prolly would have split it against him.