Daniel Cormier not thrilled to find himself being dwarfed by Anthony Johnson on UFC 210 poster

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Daniel Cormier not thrilled to find himself being dwarfed by Anthony Johnson on UFC 210 poster
tildengolfer
3/8/17 4:47:56PM
Daniel Cormier’s light heavyweight title defense against Anthony Johnson is exactly one month away, and the champ is already feeling the shade being thrown at him.

As in, he appears two times smaller than the challenger Johnson on the official UFC 210 promo poster. On the poster, Johnson, cast in red hues, is the entire backdrop mashing his fists while the champion Cormier is in lighted focus below.

Cormier put out a message on his Instragram asking how many favors Johnson had to call in to be the hulking figure in the scenario.

link
tildengolfer
3/8/17 4:58:04PM
Just another example of the new UFC owners knowing NOTHING about the sport and their eomployees. We saw this in the Rousey fight; zero promotion of Amanda, 100% of the advertisements around Honda and her comeback. I'll say it again to reiterate, Rogan on his podcast (no clue what ep#) talked about how he was overhearing the new brass refer to Amanda as 'cannon fodder' among other debasing terms. To be fair though, I do see this as an attempt to make Cormier look good but unfortunately it does not. I've looked their past few event posters (the red and black themed ones) and I really like them.
TheCatFather
3/8/17 5:12:19PM
I don't think the new brass at UFC or Rebok like DC as champ,I'm with them but I think he is going to wash Rumble without breaking a sweat.
machodog76
3/8/17 5:39:35PM
Is it that bad? My work won't let me look at it. Also I don't remember GSP bitching about his Poster with Diaz. Also who cares about a stupid poster.
tildengolfer
3/8/17 5:53:28PM

Posted by machodog76

Is it that bad? My work won't let me look at it. Also I don't remember GSP bitching about his Poster with Diaz. Also who cares about a stupid poster.

The poster is a black and red themed one. Cormier from and center is color and holding the strap with Rumble taking up most of the poster in the back in a red theme with black background. It makes rumble look like he's lurking in the shadows waiting to kill. UFC wants a return on their investment and a lot of champions are not as marketable as they want so they're trying to push guys like D.C. Out of the title light.
reptiler13
3/8/17 7:18:01PM
Dumbest complaint ever, I look at that poster and the first thing I see is DC holding the belt. quit being a baby and crying about dumb shit.
Michael_Corleone
3/8/17 8:32:41PM
Worked out alright for TJ.
RhythmAndStyle
3/8/17 9:10:06PM
Is swear DC gets butt hurt over the smallest things..seriously who cares..who has the belt? Him or u? DC one big ass baby
machodog76
3/9/17 3:25:10PM

Posted by tildengolfer

Posted by machodog76

The poster is a black and red themed one. Cormier from and center is color and holding the strap with Rumble taking up most of the poster in the back in a red theme with black background. It makes rumble look like he's lurking in the shadows waiting to kill. UFC wants a return on their investment and a lot of champions are not as marketable as they want so they're trying to push guys like D.C. Out of the title light.

The UFC's always pulled that crap, look at how hard they they've tried to keep guys like, Fitch, Okami and Miller away from title fights. As long as DC keeps winning there's not much they can do about him. He's the first champ that I can remember complaining about how he looks on a silly poster though. I honestly never pay attention to what the posters look like.