Dana White suggests Eddie Alvarez vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov – not Conor McGregor – at UFC 205

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White suggests Eddie Alvarez vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov – not Conor McGregor – at UFC 205
Braden
9/21/16 9:56:05AM
UFC 205 is going to be a big event – even if booking the potential headliner seems like an ongoing ordeal.

While UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor (20-3 MMA, 8-1 UFC) has long been speculated as a likely UFC 205 opponent for lightweight titleholder Eddie Alvarez (28-4 MMA, 3-1 UFC) – with the bout expected to take place at 155 pounds – UFC President Dana White is apparently going a different direction.

Link
Braden
9/21/16 10:05:32AM
I REALLY like this fight., much more than Alvarez/McGregor. I've been wanting to see Khabib get a shot for awhile. Now I'm just hoping both guys make it to the fight and no one gets pulled due to injury or usada.

If Khabib wins, which I'm pretty confident he will, McGregor can definitely kiss his chances at the LW belt goodbye. No way in hell would he beat Khabib. I would have given him a slight chance against Alvarez, even though I still don't think he would've won, but I give him no chance against Khabib.

Also, I wonder why they couldn't get the Alvarez/McGregor fight done? Conor probably wanted to be carried out to the octagon on a throne while getting fed grapes and fanned by beautiful women and the UFC wouldn't budge.
Braden
9/21/16 10:09:15AM
Oh crap, I just noticed this was posted without the article in the ufc forums. Idk if it can be merged or if you delete this one. Sorry, I missed it.
jae_1833
9/21/16 10:29:49AM
We need to get this dude an accolade, he's been putting in work on the news feed...maybe news mogul badge time?
tepid55
9/21/16 11:07:22AM
I think Nurmagomedov would be the toughest fight Alvarez has had in his career.
FlashyG
9/21/16 4:05:27PM

Posted by jae_1833

We need to get this dude an accolade, he's been putting in work on the news feed...maybe news mogul badge time?

If he keeps up the good work he'll get one.

The threshold to get a Newshound badge is 200 I believe.

I don't think there is anyone with that badge who has posted fewer stories.

Five-Alive is at 108. Shawn is actually closest of those who don't have one, he's at 149
prozacnation1978
9/21/16 7:43:16PM
Eddie wont sign contract to fight khabib.
Fight is in jeopardy
Braden
9/21/16 8:55:23PM
This was just said on UFC Tonight, then put out on twitter by them.

Per @MeganOlivi: Eddie Alvarez was sent a bout agreement for #UFC205 vs. Nurmagomedov. However, he missed the deadline to sign the contract.

Alvarez has been sent a new bout agreement to fight Khabib Nurmagomedov in Toronto at #UFC206 in December.

Link 1
Link 2
Budgellism
9/21/16 9:43:59PM

Posted by jae_1833

I think you need to post 250 to get that one tbh. At this rate Five-Alive is well on his way but just under half way there at 113. It's definitely much appreciated though
handyman293
9/21/16 11:41:28PM

Posted by Five-Alive

This was just said on UFC Tonight, then put out on twitter by them.

Per @MeganOlivi: Eddie Alvarez was sent a bout agreement for #UFC205 vs. Nurmagomedov. However, he missed the deadline to sign the contract.

Alvarez has been sent a new bout agreement to fight Khabib Nurmagomedov in Toronto at #UFC206 in December.

Link 1
Link 2

That sucks but it's a fight I'll wait to see. I'd love to see them scrap
BruceFukkinLee
9/22/16 1:04:00AM
I would love to see this fight live at UFC 206, sign on the dotted line Eddie and let's start building a card!