Dana White Issues Public Statement Regarding Joe Rogan

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White Issues Public Statement Regarding Joe Rogan
Next Page »
FastKnockout
6/6/11 4:06:11PM
UFC President Dana White has spoken up regarding the recent comments from announcer Joe Rogan. Through UFC.com, White issued the following statement:

Joe Rogan recently made an offensive statement reflecting a personal opinion that does not represent the UFC in any way. I have addressed this directly with Joe.

That is the entirety of White's statement.

Rogan came under fire last week for a negative slur towards Yahoo! Sports reporter Maggie Hendricks posted on the Underground. He later issued a public apology to Hendricks. Over the weekend, Kevin Iole at Yahoo! Sports had this to say regarding the situation:

Rogan's words were extraordinarily inappropriate, particularly as the very public mouthpiece of a billion-dollar company. The UFC needed to make a strong, public condemnation of Jackson's behavior and Rogan's choice of words, but has thus far failed to do so.

Instead, late Thursday UFC spokeswoman Caren Bell privately called Hendricks and issued an apology. And while it is commendable that the UFC offered any kind of apology at all, it was made privately at a time when Hendricks was under heavy siege publicly because she stood up for what was right. A public apology would have meant more and carried far more weight.

LINK
FastKnockout
6/6/11 4:10:15PM
No surprises here.
Jekyll
6/6/11 4:13:33PM
sounds like DW is trying to make it go away without it getting more press
Theoutlaw08
6/6/11 4:28:18PM
He shouldn't get fired...maybe a fine.
Jekyll
6/6/11 4:33:17PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

they will not fire Rogen... hes actually more important then DW would want to admit to the UFC broadcasts...
Chael_Sonnen
6/6/11 4:45:58PM

Posted by Jekyll

Posted by Theoutlaw08

they will not fire Rogen... hes actually more important then DW would want to admit to the UFC broadcasts...

Rogan is interchangeable to the broadcasts....I'm ready for a fresh perspective.
kingsmasher
6/6/11 4:49:03PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by Jekyll

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Rogan is interchangeable to the broadcasts....I'm ready for a fresh perspective.

Me too tired of listening to him...
Jekyll
6/6/11 4:52:37PM
but there are more people who wouldn't want to listen to Marilo or Frank Shamrock...

There are not many good MMA shot callers... and Rogen is one of the best. The only way they could really replacehim without a drop in quality would be to get Randy calling again or some of the other fighters. Mir did a good job with the WEC and Kenny has done a good job

but dropping rogen is a bit more complicated the dropping a ring girl because DW does not like what he said
RearNakedJoke
6/6/11 4:52:47PM
isnt Iole one of the guys that was denied press creds at the Strikforce Diaz v Daley show?

guess what media, the same rights that give you a damn job are the same ones that protect Joe Rogans right to say someone has a c***y attitude.
rockyf
6/6/11 5:00:19PM
Well Im not sure the UFC should have to apologise for a statement made by Rogan...it wasnt actually a UFC broadcast was it?
FastKnockout
6/6/11 5:02:44PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by Jekyll

Posted by Theoutlaw08

From what I've seen of you on these forums, I think you might want to listen to him more.
Theoutlaw08
6/6/11 5:13:05PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by Jekyll

Posted by Theoutlaw08

From what I've seen of you on these forums, I think you might want to listen to him more.

Wanted to give you props but i gotta spread the love.
Theoutlaw08
6/6/11 5:14:59PM
I would like to hear Kenny Florian, he was pretty good the few times I've heard him. I like when fighters do it, they know more about whats really going on. Not saying Rogan doesn't, but fighters know more.
Bring Bas Rutten in, everyone loves him.
prozacnation1978
6/6/11 6:30:29PM
What negative comment did rogan say to her??
Pookie
6/6/11 6:45:00PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

What negative comment did rogan say to her??

He said the she has a cunty writing style.
SNAPNAPORTAP
6/6/11 7:06:33PM
HOW AM I THE FIRST TO SAY THIS?! BRING BACK RANDY COUTURE!!!

DUH!!!

He was an excellent commentator when he was retired for that brief bit.
Jekyll
6/6/11 7:36:22PM

Posted by SNAPNAPORTAP

DUH!!!

your not...
bjj1605
6/6/11 7:37:49PM
The reason there isn't a bigger more sincere apology or a harsher penalty for Rogan is because this is no big deal. Rogan was right. Dana white probably agrees and even found it funny.

This is just a minor slap on the wrist to keep hyper-sensitive people from boycotting the UFC because they don't like naughty words.
SNAPNAPORTAP
6/6/11 8:00:57PM

Posted by Jekyll

Posted by SNAPNAPORTAP

DUH!!!

your not...

SOOOOOORRRRRRY! definetly didnt need the sarcasm
MMA-San
6/6/11 9:12:54PM

And while it is commendable that the UFC offered any kind of apology at all, it was made privately at a time when Hendricks was under heavy siege publicly because she stood up for what was right.

No, she stood up for what SHE THOUGHT was right. I see nothing wrong with what Jackson did at all. I do stuff like that with my female friends all the time. Jackson and the reporter were "cool" with eachother, they were just having fun. I'm sorry if this bitch got offended, but I don't need you forcing your morals on me.

She is very cunty indeed.

WAR JOE ROGAN!

Pookie
6/6/11 9:31:20PM

Posted by MMA-San

And while it is commendable that the UFC offered any kind of apology at all, it was made privately at a time when Hendricks was under heavy siege publicly because she stood up for what was right.

No, she stood up for what SHE THOUGHT was right. I see nothing wrong with what Jackson did at all. I do stuff like that with my female friends all the time. Jackson and the reporter were "cool" with eachother, they were just having fun. I'm sorry if this bitch got offended, but I don't need you forcing your morals on me.

WAR JOE ROGAN!

Right! Where's the humility of these people? Just because you think something's "wrong" it doesnt mean it is for everybody.
Shawn91111
6/6/11 11:18:35PM

Posted by MMA-San

WAR JOE ROGAN!

Are they friends? I thought she was just a reporter doing an interview.
Budgellism
6/6/11 11:37:38PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by Jekyll

Posted by Theoutlaw08

lol! Tried to give you props but I've gotta spread the love. Well said.
Budgellism
6/6/11 11:39:50PM

Posted by MMA-San

WAR JOE ROGAN!

Thank you! You're as smart as your picture is awesome.
tcunningham
6/6/11 11:48:13PM
thats a hilarious statement but i can see why DW is trying to cover his ass. woman dont like the word **** and jow rogan is kinda the face of the ufc in ways. rogan should take a few months off so we can hear some new comentary. i vote for michael schavelo or however his name is spelled. the voice goddamnit
ajp10k
6/6/11 11:51:18PM
Rogan thinks hes much better then he really is. I say bring in Bas!
Twenty20Dollars
6/7/11 12:36:25AM
Cunty
Budgellism
6/7/11 12:47:03AM

Posted by ajp10k

Rogan thinks hes much better then he really is. I say bring in Bas!

What makes you say that? Rogan seems like the last guy that would pat himself on the back. Bas and Schiavello are awesome, I'm never argue that.
Lesnar1
6/7/11 7:09:51AM
All this contriversy cause Rampage was horny.
Lesnar1
6/7/11 7:14:31AM
Hope they don't get rid of Rogan he may be rude at times but he's the best and quirkiest commentator around and he really knows his **** when it comes to mma.
Pages: [1] 2