Dana White, Frank Shamrock and Mike Swick Engage In Twitter War

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White, Frank Shamrock and Mike Swick Engage In Twitter War
Budgellism
7/23/11 12:54:38PM
Tonight people were either watching Strikeforce Challengers on Showtime or Legacy Fights on HDNet. The best fight however is taking place right now on Twitter between Dana White and Frank Shamrock. It all started with a simple tweet to Frank Shamrock where a fan asked him if there was a single fight that could bring him out of retirement. Shamrock's response kicked it off...

LINK
jjeans
7/23/11 1:23:21PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Frank vs Swick...
Chael_Sonnen
7/23/11 1:41:48PM

Posted by jjeans

I wouldn't mind seeing Frank vs Swick...

Braces would get destroyed.
Twenty20Dollars
7/23/11 1:52:57PM
I wouldn't mind never hearing about frank again.
titlefight
7/23/11 2:01:21PM
People forget that Frank trained most the guys at AKA for quit awhile. Swick, Fitch, Kicked Josh Thomson off the team etc. And Frank also trained the head trainer over at AKA now Crazy Bob Cook.
mrsmiley
7/23/11 2:31:40PM
Love Frank but I think Swick would take him.
jjeans
7/23/11 2:39:06PM

Posted by titlefight

People forget that Frank trained most the guys at AKA for quit awhile. Swick, Fitch, Kicked Josh Thomson off the team etc. And Frank also trained the head trainer over at AKA now Crazy Bob Cook.

I don't forget that... Neither do I forget he went 9 years undefeated with a record of 11-0-1. However I won't also forget Diaz's beating on him

Basically I know he's great but I believe his best days are past him. But I wouldn't mind seeing him try it one more time and Swick seems a good opponent for that.

Either he does well and gains my respect or he get's his arse kicked. Either way I'd like to see it!
prophecy033
7/23/11 2:40:05PM
Id take swick over shamy, he's quicker although not as strong. And yeah, what's with the damn braces. Most people don't need them on for a decade lol
warglory
7/23/11 3:02:17PM
Twitter = giving juvenile mentalities the chance to shine
icantthinkofanything
7/23/11 3:02:44PM

I would like to see dana white fight Shamrock , and Swick vs Shamrock , I doubt it ever happens tho
TeamDEY
7/23/11 3:05:23PM
Frank vs Dana would be nice
FastKnockout
7/23/11 4:20:57PM
Dana throwing in Swick's name isn't as confusing as Matthew Roth thinks it is. I've been a hardcore fan of Swick's for a few years now, and he's been very public with his dislike of Shamrock. They trained together at AKA after Swick's time on TUF and eventually the whole team started to grow tired of Shamrock's attitude and decided to force him put of AKA. Swick has called out Shamrock a few times since then, and recently went off on him on Facebook about anti bullying, which Swick mentioned was bullshit, because Shamrock was known for trying to bully other fighters and trainers around the gym.

I'd love to see Swick get a piece of him.

EDIT: What was Shamrock talking about when he mentioned beating up a girl? Was that directed to Dana or Swick?
TheBlackChip
7/23/11 4:32:42PM
Swick would absolutely destroy Frank. Seriously, it wouldn't even be close. "Quick" Swick would probably walk through him in about 2 minutes. And I'd bet on that.
FastKnockout
7/23/11 4:37:57PM
Here's the full background from Jonathan Snowden.

Dana White, Frank Shamrock, Mike Swick
Patchedup15
7/23/11 6:25:58PM
Frank was an icon in the sport but now he's a joke
emfleek
7/23/11 10:29:13PM

Posted by warglory

Twitter = the middle point between the twat and the sh*tter

grappler0000
7/23/11 10:33:08PM
Makes me wonder whether this is a scheme to bring a UFC vet over to Strikeforce to mix things up a bit. Swick isn't anywhere near the title hunt right now in the UFC, so they can afford to lose him...and he brings a name to the table that even casual fans know.
prozacnation1978
7/23/11 10:39:38PM
Interesting swick called him out.
I doubt frank comes out of retirement
prophecy033
7/24/11 12:00:15AM

Posted by FastKnockout

Here's the full background from Jonathan Snowden.

Dana White, Frank Shamrock, Mike Swick

this link says nothing about shamrocks claim Dana beat up a women
Kpro
7/24/11 12:08:44AM
I'd still want to watch a Shamrock vs. Shamrock match. That's about it from either of them.
warglory
7/24/11 8:10:45AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by warglory

Twitter = the middle point between the twat and the sh*tter

Bubbles
7/24/11 2:37:27PM
trying to decipher these tweets gives me a headache. not to mention the illiteracy of each tweet

thats why i dont have that crap
cloppio
7/25/11 1:14:12AM
Frank can be Dana's next opponent after his fight with tito.