Dana White Again Changes Tune On Sherk

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Dana White Again Changes Tune On Sherk
DCRage
11/10/07 8:19:44AM
Once again Dana White is saying different things about the Sean Sherk situation. The latest: He'll get a UFC Lightweight Title shot when he returns.

Article

This is just getting too crazy. The CSAC needs to get this thing over with.
mrsmiley
11/10/07 8:51:36AM
Yeah I don't understand this holdup their making.It's been too many months now.Are they hiding something or what?
How long does it usualy take for them to make a hearing?Randleman,Gracie,Diaz.I believe all their hearings were settled pretty fast.I know Royce didn't file an appeal though,so maybe that has something to do with it as well.Plus Xience Xtreme Joint Formula shipments have haulted because anabolic agents were discovered in them.

I really want to see what happens though.
tuvok500
11/10/07 11:01:00AM
So Sherk will keep his belt ???

if it is the case, it is not logical .

the message is that you can use steroid and even if you got caught, you will not lose your belt and everything will be ok !!

if Sherk is found innocent , it will be ok, but if it is not the case, that's mean that a cheater is in the same category of a motorcycle accident or a contract dispute !!

anyways !!

EvilScott
11/10/07 11:21:50AM
Doesn't sound like any change in tune to me. BJ and Joe Daddy fight for interim, and as soon as Sherk returns they have belt unification.
roadking95th
11/10/07 11:22:13AM
This is just ridiculous. The CSAC is a freaking circus. Dana had it right the first time, well sort of. Let Sherk keep the belt until a decision is made. Let Penn and Joe fight for the interim title. If Sherk is guilty, strip him of the belt and make the interim champ official. If Sherk is innocent, the interim champ gets first shot at the real title.

Even for the people hating on Sherk, this can't look good for their case. Something is going on here.
EvilScott
11/10/07 11:29:10AM
Even though Sylvia was stripped, he got an immediate title shot when he returned.
ohiostate1016
11/10/07 12:54:19PM
I'm tired of Sherk. If I was Dana, I would void his contract if he took roids. You have to squash it right here. I don't care if Dana and Sherk are buddies. Dana has to make a stand on steroids right now, and if Sherk did em, then he should be gone. We can't have this spiraling out of control. I know that Dana wants his bud Sherk to fight Floyd Mayweather, and maybe he can do that now. That would be a good King of the Cage match.
jiujitsufreak74
11/10/07 1:06:53PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

I'm tired of Sherk. If I was Dana, I would void his contract if he took roids. You have to squash it right here. I don't care if Dana and Sherk are buddies. Dana has to make a stand on steroids right now, and if Sherk did em, then he should be gone. We can't have this spiraling out of control. I know that Dana wants his bud Sherk to fight Floyd Mayweather, and maybe he can do that now. That would be a good King of the Cage match.

but thats the whole point...they don't yet have a ruling on whether he did them or not. we don't know yet for sure, and at this rate we won't until 2009. so, the ufc can't just put a pause on the LW division so a champion has to be crowned. we cant keep waiting for the CSAC to make a decision so we need to have an interim. difficult situation that the ufc found itself in. i feel they can't strip sherk of the title until it is on record that he undoubtedly took steroids, until then we need an interim, just as Dana is doing.
Red-Dragon
11/10/07 3:39:43PM
Now I don't body build but is is really possible for a little guy like Sherk to get that ripped without the help of roids?
Boo_Radley21
11/10/07 5:34:37PM
He's obviously going to get a title shot when he returns. They're not stripping him of his belt. They are having an interim champion for when he is gone. When he gets back they will fight to unify the belts. It's like Randy vs Tito. They're not going to have two titles in the same weight class.
puppetmaster837
11/10/07 9:42:04PM

Posted by Red-Dragon

Now I don't body build but is is really possible for a little guy like Sherk to get that ripped without the help of roids?

Absolutely. Have you seen his All Access. He has been wrestling and lifting weights for so long it would be crazy if he wasn;t that ripped.