Is Dan Hardy A Stepping Stone-Or A Scary Mofo?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Is Dan Hardy A Stepping Stone-Or A Scary Mofo?
Next Page »
DCRage
10/16/10 11:55:20AM
If Hardy has his way today at UFC 120 against Carlos Condit, the latter. "[Carlos Condit] admits this is the biggest fight of his UFC career and he wants to use me as a stepping stone to a shot at UFC champ Georges St-Pierre. That’s not happening. I want to send a message out that I’m back and I’m better than ever, and I’m still a legitimate contender for the belt. I think there were a lot of hopes riding on me for the last fight, with me being the first UK fighter to contend for the belt, and obviously I fell short, and I think a lot of fans were disappointed with that. So as a way of apologizing to the fans for my last performance, I want to put on a show and give them their money’s worth, and at the same time scare the hell out of the rest of the division and let them know that nobody’s safe."

Article
hammerhead1
10/16/10 1:31:56PM
dan hardy he aint the biggest dude in the division, i don't think he will become champion for a long time or even never, so far nobody in the welterweight division can beat the best, the champ, gsp he will be unbeatable for a longg time
Jiu_Boxu
10/16/10 6:10:08PM
Un-fkn-believable...
seanfu
10/16/10 6:26:40PM
Haha apparently someone isnt at the top of the ladder.
prozacnation1978
10/16/10 7:57:03PM
In hardy's 5 ufc fights I have picked against him all 5 times
Condit hasn't showed me anything in the ufc. I picked hardy tonight

But if condit wins. I think he should face fitch or lytle next
sparky
10/16/10 11:45:00PM
Carlos The Natural Born Killer Condit
Bloodhound
10/17/10 2:08:59AM
I picked Condit to grind out a decision but WOW did he impress me, big time win for Condit
BigBadAl
10/17/10 5:34:09AM
Condit looked way smaller than Hardy too.

Also I noticed how Condit had a face on like a complete madman when they were doing the pre-fight announcements in the cage. Boy was he focused. Looks like Hardy's trash talk backfired this time.
RyanC
10/17/10 9:45:00AM
Hardy was a split second from scoring his own KO if you ask me. Condit's left just got there first.
Giant_Ochai
10/17/10 10:22:17AM

Posted by RyanC

Hardy was a split second from scoring his own KO if you ask me. Condit's left just got there first.

Hardy's left hook was garbage. Condit's was perfect. That's why Condit won.
RyanC
10/17/10 11:20:20AM

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by RyanC

Thanks for the recap. I'm so glad that you could explain this to me.
Giant_Ochai
10/17/10 1:16:49PM

Posted by RyanC

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by RyanC

You obviously didn't understand why your boy was out cold and Condit was celebrating.
Jackelope
10/17/10 1:23:59PM

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by RyanC

Let's hear you break down from a trainer's perspective how Hardy's left hook was complete garbage and how Condit's was perfect. I don't think you can, homeboy.
Pookie
10/17/10 1:27:29PM

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by RyanC

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by RyanC

You obviously didn't understand why your boy was out cold and Condit was celebrating.

You know that RyanC's statement isn't technically wrong, and that you actually are. Hardy wasnt outcold because the left hook he threw was garbage, he was outcold because he got hit on the chin while rotating into his punch and condit's punch.

emfleek
10/17/10 1:41:47PM

Posted by Jackelope

Let's hear you break down from a trainer's perspective how Hardy's left hook was complete garbage and how Condit's was perfect. I don't think you can, homeboy.

Apparently "barely missed" = "complete garbage".

BigBadAl
10/17/10 1:44:19PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Jackelope

Does anyone expect any less from this poster?
RyanC
10/17/10 2:08:01PM

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by RyanC

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by RyanC

I know exactly why "my boy" was out cold, and so does everyone else. His left took longer to get there than Condit's did. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. So bravo to you for pointing out the obvious. You're clearly a better man than I am.
RyanC
10/17/10 2:13:23PM

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Jackelope

Does anyone expect any less from this poster?

No actually. It's exactly what I expect. We're all idiots, and he's got it all figured out. I keep hoping he writes a book, or puts out a newletter so I can get up to speed.
hate4thestate
10/17/10 5:20:20PM
im just gonna say this.

Hardy''s hook wasnt anywhere near as clean as Condit's and Condit got hit by it. Saying he was about to get KOed is a statement that is neither here nor there. But that punch certaintly wasn't gonna do it cause he landed it. it was a sloppy hook tho.
Jackelope
10/17/10 5:29:09PM

Posted by hate4thestate

Hardy''s hook wasnt anywhere near as clean as Condit's and Condit got hit by it. Saying he was about to get KOed is a statement that is neither here nor there. But that punch certaintly wasn't gonna do it cause he landed it. it was a sloppy hook tho.

Then why don't you explain why it was a sloppy hook and a lot less clean? I see a lot of people saying things but I don't really see facts backing up what they're saying. Hardy has a pretty good looking left hook, one of the best in MMA, and outside of the fact that he dropped his back hand there's not really much you can say about that hook that would ever convince me it was a bad one or that you have any clue what you're talking about. He rotated on his front foot, hips were low and rotated through the punch, and the hook turned over at the right angle.

Condit's weight was off balance and forward as evidenced by the small shot he took knocking him off balance. Hardy's weight was back and balanced. His chin was slightly up in the air and he dropped his back hand exposing his chin, but other than that it was a very good hook.

Here's a fact- Condit's punch got there faster than Hardy's. That's all there is to it. I never once personally said Condit would have been KO'd or that I'm a Hardy fan. As a matter of fact I'm a much bigger Condit fan than I am Hardy fan because I trained with the dude, but if you're going to sit there and knock on these fighters at least know what you're talking about. Condit's punch got there first. That's all there is to it.

EDIT: And to Giant Ochai- "Complete Garbage" was about the most "Complete Garbage" description of the quality of Hardy's hook I've ever seen. Start learning what you're talking about, and stop trolling. Hating on a fighter's skills that you have no clue about makes you sound ridiculous and you've seen the reaction it gets from fellow playgrounders.
RyanC
10/17/10 5:35:42PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by hate4thestate

Then why don't you explain why it was a sloppy hook and a lot less clean? I see a lot of people saying things but I don't really see facts backing up what they're saying. Hardy has a pretty good looking left hook, one of the best in MMA, and outside of the fact that he dropped his back hand there's not really much you can say about that hook that would ever convince me it was a bad one or that you have any clue what you're talking about. He rotated on his front foot, hips were low and rotated through the punch, and the hook turned over at the right angle.

Condit's weight was off balance and forward as evidenced by the small shot he took knocking him off balance. Hardy's weight was back and balanced. His chin was slightly up in the air and he dropped his back hand exposing his chin, but other than that it was a very good hook.

Here's a fact- Condit's punch got there faster than Hardy's. That's all there is to it. I never once personally said Condit would have been KO'd or that I'm a Hardy fan. As a matter of fact I'm a much bigger Condit fan than I am Hardy fan because I trained with the dude, but if you're going to sit there and knock on these fighters at least know what you're talking about. Condit's punch got there first. That's all there is to it.

THIS. Other than the fact that I'm a big fan of Hardy and I'm basically indifferent about Condit. Condit definitely caught my interest.

EDIT: I'm not downplaying what Condit did, but I dont' think Hardy should be talked about like some chump because he got KTFO.
seanfu
10/17/10 6:00:43PM

Posted by RyanC

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by hate4thestate

THIS. Other than the fact that I'm a big fan of Hardy and I'm basically indifferent about Condit. Condit definitely caught my interest.

EDIT: I'm not downplaying what Condit did, but I dont' think Hardy should be talked about like some chump because he got KTFO.

I would say his performances are enough for that. Heart isn't enough at an elite level. And I GUARANTEE you Condit doesn't beat a real top 5er at WW for a year at least. His skills aren't overall good enough mostly because of his lack of wrestling.
jiujitsufreak74
10/17/10 7:02:35PM
actually, i believe Dan Hardy's hook hit a split second sooner than Condit's. it really depends on what angle you look at it tbh, it was that close. from the three angles i've seen, two look like they hit at the same time and one looks like Hardy's hit first. regardless, Hardy's hook wasn't bad, it is just that it was in the middle of a flurry, Condit has his chin in a better position, Hardy's hook didn't land perfectly perpendicular while Condit's nearly did and Hardy had his arm more extended while Condit's was shorter. but that's to be expected when Condit has the longer range. you can't really criticize the technique when it is the second punch in the middle of both of their flurries. however, if you really want to nit pick it, Hardy could have had his chin tucked a bit better, his arm could have been tighter to the body and he could have used his hips more in it. but again, it was in a flurry.

i do not believe that COndit would have been KOed by Hardy's hook if it were just by itself. it would have knocked him off balance and he may have been rocked, but i don't think it would have ended his night like he ended Hardy's. but you all have to understand that Jardy would have thrown a different hook if he wasn't in a flurry with Condit.

either way, it was a great exchange by both fighters. Condit really used his disruption kick well and i liked the way he put his combinations together. it was a nicely thrown punch with good timing...it's most likely always going to result in a KO.
Jackelope
10/17/10 7:13:20PM
If you look at Condit's body vs. Hardy's body it's very clear Hardy had his weight distributed much better and his feet in a much better position as far as hooks go. It was from from a "Garbage hook" even for a hook thrown in the middle of a fury.

You could nitpick any punch thrown by any fighter on any day at any point during any fight. I have a hard time believing anybody on here, certainly myself included, could throw a better hook than that during the middle of a fight. There's a lot of things you can criticize Hardy for, but these guys coming on here talking smack about that punch are clueless.
Boo_Radley21
10/17/10 7:24:54PM
I'm really really really happy Hardy got knocked out. :) Theres a lot of things I'd like to say about him that may get me in trouble so I'll just say I'm extremely satisfied when a cocky S.O.B like Hardy (or Chael) gets embarassed after running their mouths. Next all I need is for Sonnen to get KO'd bad. The sub from Anderson was satisfying but a KO is even better.
RyanC
10/17/10 7:26:56PM

Posted by Jackelope

If you look at Condit's body vs. Hardy's body it's very clear Hardy had his weight distributed much better and his feet in a much better position as far as hooks go. It was from from a "Garbage hook" even for a hook thrown in the middle of a fury.

You could nitpick any punch thrown by any fighter on any day at any point during any fight. I have a hard time believing anybody on here, certainly myself included, could throw a better hook than that during the middle of a fight. There's a lot of things you can criticize Hardy for, but these guys coming on here talking smack about that punch are clueless.

I like your ideas, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Jackelope
10/17/10 8:38:12PM

Posted by RyanC

I like your ideas, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

LOL, thanks. But I rarely get that animated about stuff and I don't want to come off like some smack talking poster.

I'm fine with guys not liking fighters or the way they run their mouths or whatever. But knocking on their skills when they're fighting the best of the best while dudes sit comfortably on their couch drives me nuts. Hardy took that KO like a man, fought like a man, and talked like a man after the fight. He gave Condit nothing but props after the fight. Dude had a rough night. The last thing he needs, or this site needs for that matter, is some couch potato warrior running his "keyboard mouth" talking junk when they have no idea what they're talking about.

I mean.. are there examples when a fighter needs to be called out for his poor display of technique? Absolutely. Gross errors or just sloppy technique in general deserves to be called out. Lesnar's arm triangle choke of Carwin is one example I can think of. Nick Diaz shooting crappy takedowns from 6 feet out on KJ Noons a couple of years ago deserves to be called out. Those are blatant examples of poor technique from fighters I would expect better from. Hardy's punch was far from that.

We're all entitled to our opinions of course, but at least have some clue what you're talking about if you're going to bash on someone's punching technique.
emfleek
10/17/10 8:43:45PM
Hardy was nothing but class after that fight (same with the GSP loss).

So he talks smack...so what? YOU are talking about him. The MEDIA is talking about him. People know who he is. What do you expect him to say? "I'm not that good. I'm not even top 10..."

I'd actually go as far as to say the smack talking about him is more annoying than anything he's ever said.
lohmann
10/17/10 8:45:48PM
I like Dan Hardy.

He's a cool guy.
RyanC
10/17/10 9:21:11PM

Posted by emfleek

Hardy was nothing but class after that fight (same with the GSP loss).

So he talks smack...so what? YOU are talking about him. The MEDIA is talking about him. People know who he is. What do you expect him to say? "I'm not that good. I'm not even top 10..."

I'd actually go as far as to say the smack talking about him is more annoying than anything he's ever said.

Awesome.

Posted by Jackelope

LOL, thanks. But I rarely get that animated about stuff and I don't want to come off like some smack talking poster.

I'm fine with guys not liking fighters or the way they run their mouths or whatever. But knocking on their skills when they're fighting the best of the best while dudes sit comfortably on their couch drives me nuts. Hardy took that KO like a man, fought like a man, and talked like a man after the fight. He gave Condit nothing but props after the fight. Dude had a rough night. The last thing he needs, or this site needs for that matter, is some couch potato warrior running his "keyboard mouth" talking junk when they have no idea what they're talking about.

I mean.. are there examples when a fighter needs to be called out for his poor display of technique? Absolutely. Gross errors or just sloppy technique in general deserves to be called out. Lesnar's arm triangle choke of Carwin is one example I can think of. Nick Diaz shooting crappy takedowns from 6 feet out on KJ Noons a couple of years ago deserves to be called out. Those are blatant examples of poor technique from fighters I would expect better from. Hardy's punch was far from that.

We're all entitled to our opinions of course, but at least have some clue what you're talking about if you're going to bash on someone's punching technique.

Awesome.

Posted by Lohman

I like Dan Hardy

He's a cool guy

Awesome.
Pages: [1] 2