Curse continues: Sakara out of UFC 133 with torn ACL, Rivera awaits replacement

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Curse continues: Sakara out of UFC 133 with torn ACL, Rivera awaits replacement
RhythmAndStyle
7/25/11 2:22:56PM
Link

Results of an MRI conducted today confirmed that Alessio Sakara (15-8 MMA, 6-5 UFC) has torn his ACL and will be out a minimum of six to eight months, a representative from American Top Team confirmed today with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

*this fight will never happen in the UFC..the third time it got canceld..cursed!..lol
Pookie
7/25/11 2:23:52PM
NOoooooooO!

This fight was a great fight for Sakara too. He would have ate Rivera's lunchbox.
emfleek
7/25/11 2:24:02PM
Wow. Just wow.
Chael_Sonnen
7/25/11 2:26:36PM
Jorge lucked out.
KungFuMaster
7/25/11 2:39:45PM
I had a perfectly picked parlay which included Sakara. I guess my fantasy money will forever stay below a thousand.
kingsmasher
7/25/11 2:53:46PM
dam I was putting my whole bankroll on Sakara too...wtf
Budgellism
7/25/11 3:25:49PM
Brutal...
prophecy033
7/25/11 3:34:44PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh..... WTF!!!!!!!!
DeadHead988
7/25/11 3:42:21PM
You must be kidding me.
prozacnation1978
7/25/11 3:58:40PM
Wow this main card got worse
Can't believe hendricks vs pierce isn't on spike nor pay per view
I am buying the card since I am a die hard!! But I do feel like I am getting robbed
But I keep thinking back in march I was planning on going to this event
Thank god I didn't it would have wasted at least 1200 bucks!!
prophecy033
7/25/11 4:05:46PM
All these injuries are the reason why Mma could never be an Olympic sport
Theoutlaw08
7/25/11 4:18:49PM
DAMN......really looking forward to seeing Sakara getting a win....sucks. Glad they found a replacement.
KungFuMaster
7/25/11 4:28:26PM

Posted by prophecy033

I like so far and because I like you, I will exert my energy to correct you.

Your statement is false and I will tell you why.

When you use the word never in the form that you did, the statement (99.9 percent of the time) automatically defaults to being false. Furthermore, Olympians compete with injuries all the time.

IMO, it will only be a matter of time before mma is adopted into the Olympic Games. However, I do see the sport of mma having obstacles if it was to be inducted into the Olympic Games. Holding trials for mma fighters would be a disaster. The type of injuries which will occur during the Olympic Games may produce many default winners. But hey, that is the nature of competition. You may not be the best athlete, but you certainly can win it all - if you are the best and or the luckiest on a given day.
pmoney
7/25/11 4:54:16PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I had a perfectly picked parlay which included Sakara. I guess my fantasy money will forever stay below a thousand.

Take it easy, KungFuMaster! There's still three events left for the season! If you just stick with your prediction bonuses, and average about $250 an event, you'll be back above $1,000!

Addendum: Sorry for not posting anything related to the topic at all.

Of all the fights left on the card, why did the plague of inury strike here? I feel bad for both guys. Especially Sakara, this ain't no bad tuna fish that took him out of the fight this time.

KungFuMaster
7/25/11 5:44:06PM

Posted by pmoney

Posted by KungFuMaster

Take it easy, KungFuMaster! There's still three events left for the season! If you just stick with your prediction bonuses, and average about $250 an event, you'll be back above $1,000!

I was doing good for the first couple of events but then I looked around and saw members with 10s and thousands of dollar amounts and so I got greedy. I decided to place half of my money on a parlay and the rest were placed on a fight which I thought was a sure win.

Well, we know how that went...
BeeR
7/25/11 6:06:29PM
man, Ive been so stoked to see this fight........every time it was supposed to happen. I dont think it will ever happen now.
grappler0000
7/25/11 6:25:05PM
Curses!
Bubbles
7/25/11 10:49:42PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by prophecy033

When you use the word never in the form that you did, the statement (99.9 percent of the time) automatically defaults to being false. Furthermore, Olympians compete with injuries all the time.

IMO, it will only be a matter of time before mma is adopted into the Olympic Games. However, I do see the sport of mma having obstacles if it was to be inducted into the Olympic Games. Holding trials for mma fighters would be a disaster. The type of injuries which will occur during the Olympic Games may produce many default winners. But hey, that is the nature of competition. You may not be the best athlete, but you certainly can win it all - if you are the best and or the luckiest on a given day.

baseball, golf, football, and cycling (i believe) are not Olympic games. MMA will not be either
grappler0000
7/25/11 11:01:13PM

Posted by Bubbles

baseball, golf, football, and cycling (i believe) are not Olympic games. MMA will not be either

Depends on how you define cycling. BMX just made it's first appearance. Track cycling has been around forever and MTB has been around since the 90's.

I also thought basbeball was in the Olympics, but that's a sport I know nothing about, so I'll take your word for it.

Edit: For the record, I don't think MMA will be in the Olympics anytime soon...but football isn't a very good comparison, since it's not a sport that is played worldwide. But, hey, there's still golf.

Edit 2: Out of curiosity, I decided to google golf in the Olympics. Apparently it will be reinstated in either 2016 or 2020. But, hey there's still MMA.
KungFuMaster
7/25/11 11:57:32PM
I disagree. Boxing and point Karate are in the Olympics and those sports are of the same nature as mma.

I almost forgot - Greco Roman wrestling is also of similar nature to mma. Aleksandr Karelin of Russia dominated this sport for over a decade. He would destroy his competitors with powerful wrestling moves and throws. Some who have faced him simply opted to forfeit in the middle of a match or simply let themselves lose without receiving injuries. Oh yeah, it's true...

Off topic - I have met the man who overthrew Aleksandr Karelin. Rulon Gardner visited the U.S.S Abraham Lincoln in 2000 or 2001. I wish I knew where the picture I took of him and me.

But anyway, Greco Roman is a full contact sport in which injuries can and have occurred. So it is my opinion mma will someday be part of the Olympic Games.
prophecy033
7/26/11 1:27:50AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by prophecy033

although olympians compete with injuries all the time, broken jaws, severe cuts, and broken bones are not (except on the freak occasion) apart of those injuries. We could water down the produce and wear protective gear, but that's not what we all want. We want the extreme nature of the sport in its finest form on display, for all to marvel at its beauty. Sure something is better than nothing, so I shouldn't have said "never", I should have said "probably will never" be in the Olympics. I appreciate your candid Outlook on the subject and your always a good read. Have a good one
Kpro
7/26/11 1:36:47AM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Bubbles

Edit: For the record, I don't think MMA will be in the Olympics anytime soon...but football isn't a very good comparison, since it's not a sport that is played worldwide.

And how crazy would it be when we sent the Green Bay Packers to take on Manchester United anyways due to miscommunication.
BeeR
7/26/11 6:48:05PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by prophecy033

baseball and cycling are both olympic sports.