UFC Coming to Canada — But Not in January

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Coming to Canada — But Not in January
TNunley
10/19/07 2:18:45PM
"Although the UFC won’t host a show in Canada in January, UFC President Dana White “promises” the organization will head to Canada sometime in 2008."

UFC in Canada
tuvok500
10/19/07 2:32:41PM
i am happy that we have to wait a little, i really want to see GSP killing whatever it will be, and i am not so close to montreal, so if march 29 is a possibility like we heard before, i think GSP will be there !!!

ocho-cinco
10/19/07 2:39:46PM
I am disapointed, but as long as GSP fights when they do come up, I don't mind the wait.
malekomaddox
10/21/07 10:06:35AM
The UFC should just focus their business in America. They don't need to go international even if it's Canada. They need to expand their fan base here because there is still a lot of room to grow.
D0wnUnd6e6r
10/21/07 10:30:52AM

Posted by malekomaddox

The UFC should just focus their business in America. They don't need to go international even if it's Canada. They need to expand their fan base here because there is still a lot of room to grow.

Are you out of your god damn mind? Do you have any idea what it would meen that Dana would choose not to come to canada. It would meen that the UFC would be done in no time. Dana makes alot of money with canadians, the ppvs, the merchandise and so on. I don't think the UFC needs to expand more in the U.S. as they're pretty much already established, Dana just needs to sign big names fast (Lesnar is no good example tho) so that you guys just be more interested in paying top dollar to see fights. All of the US events are always sold out anyways. I just really don't know where your coming from with this, and I can't see Dana turning his back on us, he would lose all the Canadian fan base, all of it.
ohiostate1016
10/21/07 4:23:16PM
I really like the expansion of the UFC. Not only do we get to see how popular the sport is in the rest of the world, but we usually get a free card here in the States. Can't complain w/ that.
Muay-Thai
10/22/07 3:39:46PM
Promises, Promises
TimW001
10/22/07 7:06:21PM
It's kinda weird that an American organization has gone to England 3 times and 0 to Canada.

What ever, whenever it is, When GSP walks in it'll be soooo loud there.