clementi vs. stout not on the ppv?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » clementi vs. stout not on the ppv?
cloppio
4/19/08 7:47:43PM
what's up with that? i would think that would be the first one on the ppv. i would rather see that fight than the danzig fight. any opinions?

DCRage
4/19/08 7:55:48PM
Both guys haven't been doing well lately and there are bigger fights on the show. It's Danzig's LW debut, then you've got Bisping's MW debut, Franklin, and if time permits, Starnes-Quarry goes ahead of the others (swing bout).

Just in case...
Spoiler/Discussion Thread

Prelims are already underway.
wolfman
4/20/08 3:02:33AM

Posted by DCRage

Both guys haven't been doing well lately and there are bigger fights on the show. It's Danzig's LW debut, then you've got Bisping's MW debut, Franklin, and if time permits, Starnes-Quarry goes ahead of the others (swing bout).

Just in case...

Both guys haven't been doing well lately?!? I strongly disagree. Clementi has looked impressive as of late and strung together some good wins. Although Stout's performance against Per wasn't that good, it was not his fault as Per did not want to engage, he still won. It should have been on the main card and I would have liked to have seen Maia/Herman in place of Starnes/Quarry especially after tonight's result.
xposipx
4/20/08 11:15:46AM
It deserved PPV easily, but so did Velasquez and especially Maia/Herman. Clementi has 3 in a row now and beat Anthony Johnson who people seem to be hyping up (deservedly).
prozacnation1978
4/20/08 12:03:52PM

Posted by DCRage

Just in case...

where have you been?? stout one his last fight, clementi is on a hot streak.. i thought this fight would be a shoe in for the main card. what is so special about danzig?? diaz has not even fought on a pay per view let alone a prelim fight on one. i could see for bisping poster boy. but the starnes fight had no place what so ever on the main card. we could have seen ed herman who was on a win streak as well vs damien maia who might be the next big thing in the middleweight division and that was before he fought last night.
keith-hackney1
4/20/08 12:16:23PM
Clementi was impressive, he's on a great roll now. Good fighter and a guy i see upsetting some fight outcomes later this year.
wolfman
4/20/08 2:34:54PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Posted by DCRage

Just in case...

where have you been?? stout one his last fight, clementi is on a hot streak.. i thought this fight would be a shoe in for the main card. what is so special about danzig?? diaz has not even fought on a pay per view let alone a prelim fight on one. i could see for bisping poster boy. but the starnes fight had no place what so ever on the main card. we could have seen ed herman who was on a win streak as well vs damien maia who might be the next big thing in the middleweight division and that was before he fought last night.

Yeah, I agree with you, but it's all about marketing the fighters who the mainstream recognizes, which equals more PPV buys. Hence why Danzig was on the main card as it was his debut at 155 and he was a TUF fighter. Starnes/Quarry was on the main card because the event was in Canada and it was a Canadian TUF fighter against a USA TUF fighter. Herman/Maia was mainly not on the main card because neither were Canadian and Maia is a relative unknown by the mainstream. Ultimately, it's all about money and putting on the fighters who the mainstream people will recognize.