Cheick Kongo vs. Travis Browne Targeted For UFC 120

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Cheick Kongo vs. Travis Browne Targeted For UFC 120
DCRage
7/2/10 5:30:31PM
A heavyweight matchup between veteran Cheick Kongo and prospect Travis Browne is expected for UFC 120 in London. Verbal agreements are in place, paperwork pending. Kongo was recently cleared for training following a back injury that forced him off tomorrow's UFC 116.

Article
Twenty20Dollars
7/2/10 5:40:03PM
Great fight, but I see Kongo probably winning.
BlueSkiesBurn
7/2/10 6:24:32PM
Browne is a heavy hitter and after watching him swarm McSweeney on the ground, I wouldn't rule him out. This fight excites me.
RearNakedJoke
7/2/10 6:46:36PM
i see a repeat of the Velasquez fight except maybe with a finish this time.
jae_1833
7/2/10 8:34:16PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Browne is a heavy hitter and after watching him swarm McSweeney on the ground, I wouldn't rule him out. This fight excites me.

Good match up for sure, neither McSweeny nor Kongo have the greatest chins and Browne does seem to hit pretty hard, he is a big boy too so I don't think Kongo will be able to completely manhandle him like he did to Buentello. It will be tough but I will probably be picking Kongo.
BlueSkiesBurn
7/2/10 9:01:33PM
One thing I noticed about Browne that a lot of people making their debut don't have is the "it" factor. Browne didn't even look like he gave a sh*t that he was fighting McSweeney. He was never worried or intimidated and honestly just kept beating the hell out of him until he was told to stop. It was really exciting to watch.
prozacnation1978
7/3/10 9:54:23AM
good fight even though kongo has lost a couple and browne still is kind of new i would like to see this fight on the main card