Cecil Peoples (POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Cecil Peoples (POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING)
imanidiot777
9/17/09 1:41:07AM
OK, now for this event, IMO, none of the fights were called obviously wrong, thank goodness. But I do have a problem with the judging still. First of all, I would like to ask Cecil Peoples where Ellenberger won a second round? To me it looked like an obvious unanimous 29-28 for Condit. I didn't even see how it was possible Ellenberger won two of the rounds. And then to top it off, Cecil Peoples scores a 30-27 for Maynard? Now I think Gray won, but Huerta CLEARLY won the second round and somehow one judge has him winning 29-28 and another has him losing 30-27. What fights are these people watching?

Now as I said I don't disagree with the outcome of these decisions because I think Maynard and Condit definitely won their fights; I just think Cecil People needs to be permanently removed as a judge because this isn't the first time I question him.
PABLOMAFIOSO
9/17/09 2:26:38AM
The judging for the Maynard/Huerta fight did seem a bit suspect. One judge had Huerta had won the fight and the two others had it 30-27 Maynard.
Personally I thought Huerta won the first round but seeing as he got dropped in the second and taken down constantly in the third it should have been 29-28 Maynard.
Nightmare27
9/17/09 3:33:24AM
I was there and me and the guy behind me had the same exact conversation, he even called it before it happened in the Condit fight. Cecil needs to give it up!
Sinister
9/17/09 8:15:33AM

Posted by imanidiot777

OK, now for this event, IMO, none of the fights were called obviously wrong, thank goodness. But I do have a problem with the judging still. First of all, I would like to ask Cecil Peoples where Ellenberger won a second round? To me it looked like an obvious unanimous 29-28 for Condit. I didn't even see how it was possible Ellenberger won two of the rounds. And then to top it off, Cecil Peoples scores a 30-27 for Maynard? Now I think Gray won, but Huerta CLEARLY won the second round and somehow one judge has him winning 29-28 and another has him losing 30-27. What fights are these people watching?

Now as I said I don't disagree with the outcome of these decisions because I think Maynard and Condit definitely won their fights; I just think Cecil People needs to be permanently removed as a judge because this isn't the first time I question him.

I think you may have it mixed up for the Maynard fight
First judge scored 29-28 Huerta
Second judge scored 30-27 Maynard
Third judge (Peoples) scored 29-28 Maynard

I could be wrong but I remember being suprised Cecil gave Maynard the second and also when they said the second judges score I was like "that judge must be Peoples" but then Buffer said "and Cecil Peoples scores.. "
emfleek
9/17/09 8:21:13AM
I've come to expect this from Cecil. It's a shame, really.
prozacnation1978
9/17/09 9:42:19AM
too many split decisions
29-28 huerta??? i ha gray winning 29-28
decisions are just crazy they make them look alot cloer fight than they were
cowcatcher
9/17/09 9:53:27AM
this is what cecil does, and i think they expect it from him because i sure know i do. there isnt one good thing i can say about his reffing or judging, hes a guy id love to see stick to boxing because he has a clue there.
KaibaThedon
9/17/09 1:55:16PM
To me it was very clear that Huerta had no chance of winning that fight, yet one judge scored it 29-28 for him.

Ridiculous.
MMA-San
9/17/09 5:05:09PM
I thought it was obvious that Ellenberg won that second round. He was on top punching for three minutes. He got reversed by condit for a minute, then he got back on top.

Sherdog scored it the same way.
Aaronno9
9/17/09 11:19:38PM
Im not going to lie, I had Gray winning 30-27, so Ive got no problem with Cecil scoring the fight that way. But I think hes had to many chances now. Dude needs a new career path ASAP.
RMFG_187
9/21/09 12:53:58PM
Cecil peoples is the single worst judge in mma. He has brought some of the worst judging, split decisions, and the worst ever decision in hamill bisping. I actually remember when brock mir 2 was gonna happen, the ufc posted the ref and judges of the event. I had never seen it before, I thought the judges were set by the sac. But there he was on the list. He is the shadiest judge ever. But let's not forget spome of the other names in contravercial judging. Douglas crosby and jeff mullen. Both are equally as bad in split decisions, its just there's usually still have the right outcome.
Some also think its the judging values, and how these guys interpret them. All in all, we need better ******* judges.
slapshot
9/21/09 2:40:02PM

Posted by MMA-San

I thought it was obvious that Ellenberg won that second round. He was on top punching for three minutes. He got reversed by condit for a minute, then he got back on top.

Sherdog scored it the same way.

That fight was really a close fight IMO, Condit could have lost and I would not have been shocked.