Nobody Cares About "Britney" Silva

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Nobody Cares About "Britney" Silva
Next Page »
DCRage
4/16/10 11:40:48AM
Ouch...let the trash talk begin courtesy of Chael Sonnen. On Anderson Silva, possibly his next opponent, "I compare Anderson to Britney Spears. She shaved her head to get headlines. Britney Silva went up to 205, retired, etc. Nobody cares... When my music hits and the doors close, the fight's on. I'm not going to dance, juke or jive. I will find him... You know what you're getting with Silva. A guy who pretends he doesn't speak English, is a fantastic athlete, and acts like a fool. If you like that, go buy his t-shirt with the other two guys who like him."

Article
Wallass
4/16/10 12:53:30PM
Chael is doing his part to sell the heck out of this fight. Anderson says that Maia disrespected him so I wonder how hes taking this?
postman
4/16/10 1:05:32PM
This is setting up for the Most eppic KO of all time.......I hope.
FlashyG
4/16/10 1:11:51PM
Chael Sonnen is like a really good internet troll.

Personally I can't think of anyone doing a better job buidling a profile for themselves in all of MMA.

For a guy I considered incredibly boring in the WEC, he's changed my opinion completely with his last several interviews.
Edwards
4/16/10 1:18:36PM
put the fight on the prelims ,if i wanted to see dancing i'll go to a club,the way i see it is if silva dont care about the fans why should we care about him, im really shocked how silva turned out just cant get over the way he changed.
jahdoug
4/16/10 1:29:53PM
Sonnen (R) better learn to dance, juke and jive or else he's getting facial surgery done with a blunt instrument.
MattHughesRules
4/16/10 1:49:00PM
I have no idea how to feel about this fight now. 6 months ago I would have said Sila by KO within 2 rounds. Now however, is that such a sure thing? if he comes out motivated (which he should) he is going to finish Sonnen. He is the superior fighter in my opinion. If he comes out a mess like last fight with Maia, Sonnen will have the ability to put him on his back and grind him out and could make it more interesting. I still say an aggressive Silva by KO.
emfleek
4/16/10 1:58:51PM
I've never rooted for a fighter more than I'll be rooting for Chael against Anderson. I look forward to the day that Silva is fed a slice of humble pie.
The_Metal_Maniac
4/16/10 2:01:00PM
I'm taking Chael Sonnen.
MaxOne
4/16/10 2:02:39PM

Posted by emfleek

I've never rooted for a fighter more than I'll be rooting for Chael against Anderson. I look forward to the day that Silva is fed a slice of humble pie.

i'll make the same exact rooting noises for Sonnen as I did for Randy against Sylvia.
TheCatFather
4/16/10 2:38:40PM
I wonder if Chael can talk all that smack while laying flat on his back counting stars,
vinny_cro_cop_q
4/16/10 2:41:21PM

Posted by emfleek

amen
BlueSkiesBurn
4/16/10 2:45:31PM

Posted by Wallass

Chael is doing his part to sell the heck out of this fight. Anderson says that Maia respected him so I wonder how hes taking this?

when the hell did Anderson say this?

Seriously, I hope Chael can absolutely crush Silva but I'd still rather see a heavyweight do it first and then feed Silva to Sonnen.
Hendo67
4/16/10 2:46:53PM

Posted by emfleek

Bang on
BeeR
4/16/10 4:25:24PM
lol, im really startng to like sonnen
I can see this getting real funny, real quick.
BigIP
4/16/10 4:28:06PM
I still think Hendo had the best shot of beating Silva. He is the only person in the UFC to win a round against him and the UFC let him go??? Lunatic fringe!!!
Wallass
4/16/10 4:32:09PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Wallass

Chael is doing his part to sell the heck out of this fight. Anderson says that Maia respected him so I wonder how hes taking this?

when the hell did Anderson say this?

Seriously, I hope Chael can absolutely crush Silva but I'd still rather see a heavyweight do it first and then feed Silva to Sonnen.

Sorry man, meant to say disrespected, I corrected the mistake.
prozacnation1978
4/16/10 5:10:13PM
Talk about digging your own grave
Sonnen is a funny guy. And I have 3 more months of his
Talking to look forward too
Chuteboxer
4/16/10 5:39:13PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Talk about digging your own grave
Sonnen is a funny guy. And I have 3 more months of his
Talking to look forward too

True that. I usually despise trash talk, but this is either going to get Silva so mad that Silva actually goes out there and KO's Chael, OR Chael somehow pulls off the upset and backs up his talk. Either way it's going to be something.
BlueSkiesBurn
4/16/10 6:29:40PM
I was just busting your chops. Props to you for taking it. I knew what you meant.
GSPCanada
4/16/10 8:29:21PM
I disagree with Anderson's antics but chael needs to shut up for two reasons:

a) unless chael wants to be the first death in the ufc he needs to watch what he says
b) chael's fights have not been much better imo 3 victories all by decision and he probably hasn't thrown more than a combined 5 standing strikes in those 3, he doesn't have finishing ability, anderson has a better chance of actually finishing the fight even if it hits the ground

I personally think chael is trying to hype up a fight that would otherwise be very one-sided, good idea if u want publicity but bad idea if u dont wanna get destroyed on national television
chickmagnet
4/16/10 8:48:28PM
Cant wait for Chael to claim HIS Belt....
lohmann
4/16/10 9:34:08PM

Posted by GSPCanada

b) chael's fights have not been much better imo 3 victories all by decision and he probably hasn't thrown more than a combined 5 standing strikes in those 3, he doesn't have finishing ability, anderson has a better chance of actually finishing the fight even if it hits the ground

What? Sonnen's fights have been pretty impressive in the UFC. You don't need to finish somebody to look good. GSP rarely finishes and prefers the ground: is he impressive?

After the Maia loss, he terrorized Dan Miller and then beat two top-five (at the time) middleweights convincingly. When he was scheduled to fight Marquardt, almost nobody gave him a chance and thought Marquardt should already be up for another crack at the title. He's always ready to throw down. And while I don't disagree that Sonnen is going to be stuck in a precarious situation anywhere the fight goes, he will not give up.

I don't like Sonnen's persona outside the cage, but he's a real competitor in the Octagon and I appreciate that. That being said: Yeah, Silva's going to mug him.
MMA-San
4/16/10 10:11:05PM
I don't understand people saying that "Silva will KO Sonnen quickly, Sonnen better quit talking".

Thats the whole damn point. To get Silva to fight.
GSPCanada
4/16/10 10:19:24PM

Posted by lohmann

Posted by GSPCanada

What? Sonnen's fights have been pretty impressive in the UFC. You don't need to finish somebody to look good. GSP rarely finishes and prefers the ground: is he impressive?

After the Maia loss, he terrorized Dan Miller and then beat two top-five (at the time) middleweights convincingly. When he was scheduled to fight Marquardt, almost nobody gave him a chance and thought Marquardt should already be up for another crack at the title. He's always ready to throw down. And while I don't disagree that Sonnen is going to be stuck in a precarious situation anywhere the fight goes, he will not give up.

I don't like Sonnen's persona outside the cage, but he's a real competitor in the Octagon and I appreciate that. That being said: Yeah, Silva's going to mug him.

Hey I never said he was a bad fighter, he beat top guys, and I didn't give him a chance in all 3 of his wins. but my point is u cant rip into anderson when all 3 fights look the same all 9 rounds looked the same really, all takedowns, decent gnp but nothing with incredible damage, and no real passing. He's 2 1-dimensional which is ok, but not against a guy like anderson, the only guys who threaten anderson r well rounded-guys, unfortunately I feel the only 2 guys that can rly b called well rounded rn marquardt and hendo, and i guess vitor as well but we dont really see his wrestling much
BeeR
4/17/10 6:51:25AM

Posted by GSPCanada

I disagree with Anderson's antics but chael needs to shut up for two reasons:

a) unless chael wants to be the first death in the ufc he needs to watch what he says

I personally think chael is trying to hype up a fight that would otherwise be very one-sided, good idea if u want publicity but bad idea if u dont wanna get destroyed on national television

thats obsurd
BlueSkiesBurn
4/17/10 7:42:33AM

I agree Chael has proven that he can dominate people that ought to be HUGE favorites.
jgtribbett
4/18/10 12:52:12AM
the other day, my friend and I found a sonnen interview and spent the next hour and a half txting each other about how awsome his interviews where while we found more.. this guy is hilarious and imo the ******* man.
cmill21
4/18/10 3:45:37AM
Chael can win this fight, and he can do it in dominating fashion. As Mo proved tonight if you can out wrestle someone you can beat them in every round of every score card.
theruler_
4/18/10 4:26:38AM
imo chael knows he may have only one chance at a shot like this and is trying to milk it for all it's worth.
Pages: [1] 2