Brett Favre Retires...Take 3

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Brett Favre Retires...Take 3
DCRage
1/2/11 7:21:05PM
So he said after today's Vikings game, which he was inactive for due to the concussion.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5981171
If this is finally truly it, Favre departs as the career leader in victories (186), yards passing (71,838), touchdown passes (508), attempts (10,169), completions (6,300) and interceptions (336).
We all know what this truly means...Rachel Nichols, to your spot on the front lawn of the Favre residence, stat! OK prognosticators, where does he play at some point next year?
ChokeUout
1/2/11 7:44:17PM
Yeah, he's done.

As a wisconsinite, I have a special place in my heart for brett favre. Even though he ended his career as a dirty stinkin' Viking, there was no quarterback that was more fun to watch than brett Favre. He's had to play through so much: His alcohol and vicodin addictions, his wife having cancer, his father dying the day before a Monday night game, and numerous injuries only to bounce back to play 297 straight games. If Peyton doesn't break that record, nobody will..

Plus he owns every QB record ever and is a Super Bowl Champion, as well as an 11 time pro bowler. First Ballet hall-of-famer.

Goodbye Brett Favre. You've gave us so many memories. You will be missed!
Twenty20Dollars
1/2/11 8:34:01PM
All I got to say is how bout them Lions, 4 game win streak
Chael_Sonnen
1/2/11 8:55:23PM
Good riddance Brett.
DCRage
1/2/11 8:56:14PM
Forgot this in the first post from a while back: If in that poll you picked he ends his career injured/on the sidelines, please redeem your winning tickets.
Kpro
1/2/11 9:46:21PM
Unfortunately a lot of younger fans will remember him for the last few years of retirement talk and streak talk but I'll always remember the way he played throughout his career. One of "the best eva" to quote Phil Baroni.

I also have a special spot for Favre not as a Wisconsin-ite but because I drank a lot of Milwaukee's Best Ice when I was in college. Seriously, a lot.
sbulldavid
1/2/11 10:45:26PM
He should not have played as much as he did this year, he never was the same as last year, and it was obvious at times that he didn't have the ability to match his desire. He has been an average QB for a good portion of his career, but he used to be as great as any that ever played the position, 2009 was a great year but he won a lot of games with sub par teams and never got recognition for it because he was Brett Favre. Still, I'm glad Childress is gone and I will be glad to have Joe Webb as starting QB.
Twenty20Dollars
1/3/11 2:11:04AM
This will be the end for him.

Now it's time for the Vikes to rebuild in sorts, got your coach but now got to figure out your QB, I think they could prolly get a decent vet QB to be their starter.
postman
1/3/11 8:00:52AM

Posted by Kpro

Unfortunately a lot of younger fans will remember him for the last few years of retirement talk and streak talk but I'll always remember the way he played throughout his career. One of "the best eva" to quote Phil Baroni.

I also have a special spot for Favre not as a Wisconsin-ite but because I drank a lot of Milwaukee's Best Ice when I was in college. Seriously, a lot.

I used to work at a Beer distributor and we had a case of Beast Ice break on the bottom of the pallet so it leaked on the foloor and sat there about a week till the pallet was empty. When I picked the pallet up that beer ate the paint off the cement floor. At that point I decided to never drink that stuff agian
DCRage
1/3/11 8:45:44AM

Posted by sbulldavid

He should not have played as much as he did this year, he never was the same as last year, and it was obvious at times that he didn't have the ability to match his desire. He has been an average QB for a good portion of his career, but he used to be as great as any that ever played the position, 2009 was a great year but he won a lot of games with sub par teams and never got recognition for it because he was Brett Favre. Still, I'm glad Childress is gone and I will be glad to have Joe Webb as starting QB.

That is, unless they bring in another QB and put Webb back at WR-the position they originally drafted him as.