UFC 81 "BREAKING POINT" - 2nd FEBRUARY - Fight Card Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 81 "BREAKING POINT" - 2nd FEBRUARY - Fight Card Discussion
« Previous Page
POLL: Mir -VS- Lesnar ...... Who Wins And How?
Mir KO/TKO 4% (5)
Lesnar KO/TKO 28% (34)
Mir SUBMISSION 57% (70)
Lesnar SUBMISSION 4% (5)
Mir DECISION 2% (2)
Lesnar DECISION 5% (6)
tylerlee123
1/21/08 2:05:33PM
Man what is all this talk about Tito - Rashad ? Evans is fighting Silva , And ortiz was offered Machida so did i miss something or ? fill me in man i thought they weren't fighting
CornishMMA
1/22/08 10:40:25AM

Posted by tylerlee123

Man what is all this talk about Tito - Rashad ? Evans is fighting Silva , And ortiz was offered Machida so did i miss something or ? fill me in man i thought they weren't fighting

dude i have no idea wtf you are talking about, who said that? well anyway yes the latest is what you already thought

Back on topic, ive updated the 1st post with the latest card and gifs

But its odd cos the UFC state there would be no replacement for Heath, that was posted yesterday but MMAweekly are reporting today that Anthony Ruiz will now fight Heath
imanidiot777
1/22/08 2:22:42PM
Brock Lesnar is going to surprise everyone when he knocks out Frank Mir in the second round.
mk1630
1/22/08 5:24:22PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by tylerlee123

dude i have no idea wtf you are talking about, who said that? well anyway yes the latest is what you already thought

Back on topic, ive updated the 1st post with the latest card and gifs

But its odd cos the UFC state there would be no replacement for Heath, that was posted yesterday but MMAweekly are reporting today that Anthony Ruiz will now fight Heath

Yea i heard that but now i hear he is goin to fight Tim Boetsch instead.
CornishMMA
1/23/08 8:07:47AM
Yep they updated the article, shame cos Ruiz would have been better, but maybe if Boetsch is a good wrestler with good GnP he has a good chance to beat Heath who seems to be just a striker
CornishMMA
1/24/08 10:24:51AM
Does anyone have a GIF of Brocks win over Kim? Im honestly not mocking him by having that shark GIF up on the 1st page its just the only one i had of him
DustinT
1/24/08 6:36:00PM
i'm having more issues picking these fights than any of card i've done on here.
no joke.

i'll make it a last second venture.
if i pick now, i'll change them 3 times over the next couple days.
ugh.
CornishMMA
1/25/08 8:48:56AM
Yeah most of them are pretty smelly and the picks are around 50/50

Martin OR Eastman - who knows?
DustinT
1/25/08 4:39:55PM
yup.
that's one i'm unsure about too.
this card is a classic example of me wanting to pick who i'd WANT to win, rather than who will actually take it. It's very annoying.
candynuts
1/27/08 3:29:11PM
I lol'd at the Brock Lesnar "action" gif.
LayinFrame
1/30/08 6:44:23PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Yeah most of them are pretty smelly and the picks are around 50/50

Martin OR Eastman - who knows?

i just cant go against the the beastman. I am probably going to end up hating my record at the end of this season, but i just cant help it. this card is ridiculous.
CornishMMA
1/31/08 5:39:01AM
The thing is they both seem quite chinny, well Eastman more so, Martin has jusy been KTFO in shocking style with 2 very hard hits

But yeah Martin will be better at 185 i just still see him catching 1 sooner or later and going down, especially if does alot of his crazy head faints

Gutting news about Belcher not fighting, kinda easier pick to make tho
DCRage
2/1/08 7:32:18PM
Weigh-in results:
Everyone made weight.
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (237) vs. Tim Sylvia (261)
Frank Mir (255) vs. Brock Lesnar (265)
Nate Marquardt (185) vs. Jeremy Horn (185)
Ricardo Almeida (185) vs. Rob Yundt (185)
Tyson Griffin (155) vs. Gleison (Graison) Tibau (156)
Chris Lytle (170) vs. Kyle Bradley (170)
David "Not Gangrel" Heath (205) vs. Tim Boetsch (205)
Terry Martin (186) vs. Marvin Eastman (185)
Keita Nakamura (155) vs. Rob Emerson (155)

Didn't watch them so I don't know if anything out of the ordinary happened.
WeeAl
2/2/08 7:35:15AM

Posted by DustinT

yup.
that's one i'm unsure about too.
this card is a classic example of me wanting to pick who i'd WANT to win, rather than who will actually take it. It's very annoying.

That's what i've been doing. I've changed my picks and wagers 3 or 4 times already. For awhile there I had 3 fights were I was betting on the person I had picked to lose, simply to try and cover my back in one department. I can't make my mind up on Lesnar and Mir. Common sense says Mir will win by submission, but I don't think Brock would submit. We also don't really know how strong Lesnar's chin is. Mir could knock him flat on his ass, or Lesnar could take anything and keep on coming. It's also debateable how much stronger Lesnar actually is over Mir. If Lesnar has a strong chin and is able to stay off his back, I think he could possibly push through and get a decision victory with slams and being able to stay on yop of Mir and deliver some ground and pound, which no doubt Mir will be able to get up from. But if he stays on top he'll need good submission defence for Mir. Lesnar seems to work to Mir's strength's in that he'll be wanting to slam, and Mir will want to be put on the ground to get a submission victory.
CornishMMA
2/2/08 3:31:13PM
The weigh ins are worth watching ufc.com

Terry Martin got into a Head2Head staredown with the beastman then pushed him, Marvin did not look happy!!!!!!!!!

They seriously needed to add that fight to the main card instead of the Nate Horn fight ffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT GREAT NEWS PEOPLE what always should have been has been confirmed ................. the likely FOTN of Tyson VS Tibau is the 1st fight of the PPV (they always kick off with a LW fight ) so we will definately see it
roger
2/2/08 4:13:05PM
lesnar 1st round tko
Pages: 1 2 [3]