Bobbin' and Weave, End . .. . the GIF EDIT: Now with Shoops!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Bobbin' and Weave, End . .. . the GIF EDIT: Now with Shoops!!
ncordless
7/7/13 12:58:48AM

EDIT: There is some brilliant shooping going on out there. Thought I'd share some of my favorites.

sparky
7/7/13 1:03:38AM
The Champ is Here
george112
7/7/13 1:05:56AM
FUCK YEAH
airkerma
7/7/13 1:08:07AM
That was pathetic. I think silva threw that fight harder than randy johnson threw a baseball. What an aweful ending...one guy doing everything he could to not fight and eventually getting hit. Everything about this was misreable
george112
7/7/13 1:13:36AM

Posted by airkerma

That was pathetic. I think silva threw that fight harder than randy johnson threw a baseball. What an aweful ending...one guy doing everything he could to not fight and eventually getting hit. Everything about this was misreable

so if maia would have knocked him out during one of his taunting stunts he would have thrown that fight too?

or what about when he taunted bonnar? if bonnar would have knocked him out when he was against the cage would you say he threw that fight too?

thinking he threw that fight is plain ridiculous. he got caught trying to act cool and he paid for it. simple as that. I understand silva fans are upset but damn silva did it to himself while fighting the absolute wrong person to do that kind of shit to
TheShaman
7/7/13 1:13:49AM

Posted by airkerma

one guy doing everything he could to not fight and eventually getting hit.

This is what happened, regardless of the motive.
sbulldavid
7/7/13 1:19:12AM

Posted by TheShaman

Posted by airkerma

one guy doing everything he could to not fight and eventually getting hit.

This is what happened, regardless of the motive.

I'm glad his run is over but I wanted to see him beaten not a fucking unanswered question. Now we'll have the endless conspiracy talks for the next forty years.
frizzzlecake
7/7/13 1:21:10AM
You can't see it in this gif, but when Chris lands Herb's face is priceless. Dang Anderson's Head makes a great basketball.
bjj1605
7/7/13 1:33:22AM
If you act like a clown, you end up with people laughing at you.

He is obviously a far superior striker, but that's no excuse to play around with your hands down. Wiedman has power and his striking is competent.

I hope Dana talks to him an gets him to take a rematch so we can see the fight we were meant to see, rather than that joke.
hotrodttt
7/7/13 2:05:55AM
That looks a little suspicious
Franklinfan47
7/7/13 2:20:21AM
He got reckless, which isn't the same as throwing a fight. I think all that talk is BS as well tbh.

The fact that Weidman wasnt intimidated by Silva's clowning is an achievement in itself. Remember how Bonnar, Sonnen, Maia responded to that???
ChrisSabal
7/7/13 2:32:39AM
Adrenaline
7/7/13 3:36:03AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

He got reckless, which isn't the same as throwing a fight. I think all that talk is BS as well tbh.

The fact that Weidman wasnt intimidated by Silva's clowning is an achievement in itself. Remember how Bonnar, Sonnen, Maia responded to that???

Agreed, this "fixed/thrown fight" nonsense is ridiculous and I expect better from members here.

Anderson wasn't doing anything he hasn't done a dozen times before, the only thing different this time is that he got caught and paid the price. It could happen to anyone, the greatest of all time included.
whodat
7/7/13 3:37:02AM
mrsmiley
7/7/13 8:04:10AM
Anderson only has himself to blame.,though Weidman just being their meant he was good enough in the first place.
I'm sure i've seen it somewhere before,a math equation that shows eventually all streaks come to an end at some point.
Anderson is probably the greatest champion the UFC has ever seen with the most spectacular finishes to date. He underestimated Chris Weidman and paid dearly for it.

Even at that Silva has nothing else to prove to anyone at this point.
cmvideo75
7/7/13 9:41:52AM
'He underestimated Chris Weidman and paid dearly for it.'

I don't think that's necessarily true. I think in the past he was clowning guys and then that became a somewhat effective tool for him as it psyched guys out. But in this case, I think after the first 3 minutes, he went into that mode to try to bait Weidman into a stand up fight. And it worked. Only Weidman didn't lose composure. Awesome.

Anderson probably rightfully felt he is the supreme striker in MMA and if he can keep any fight standing on it's feet, he'd end it. Got a bit too cocky.

Look at how his boy Machida fights... circle and run the whole fight stricly trying to create angles to land that one perfect counter. Anderson doesn't run, he showboats to try to create that opening and has always been able to capitilize on it until last night.
spang714
7/7/13 10:42:57AM
Im not buying the "fixed" nonsense...doesnt seem like the new champ is getting the credit he deserves....guess it doesnt matter...hes got the belt...WEIDMAN WAR WAGON!!!!
warglory
7/7/13 11:29:07AM

Posted by spang714

Im not buying the "fixed" nonsense...doesnt seem like the new champ is getting the credit he deserves....guess it doesnt matter...hes got the belt...WEIDMAN WAR WAGON!!!!

I agree. Weidman did his job, and is the champ. He deserves everyone's respect.
JoeWarren33
7/7/13 12:07:41PM
Why would he keep the showboating going if he already had Chris where he wanted him?
He says after fight he has 10 fights left, he doesn't want the belt, and he is going to spend most his time in Brazil. Also he loves USA?
Don't get what happened last night. Still trying to digest this b.s!!

bjj1605
7/7/13 4:16:26PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by spang714

I agree. Weidman did his job, and is the champ. He deserves everyone's respect.

I mean...he's the champ for sure. He did everything he had to do. Anderson was acting like a clown and Weidman made him pay for it.

But in a lot of ways it would have been much more satisfying to see Anderson lose in a more decisive fashion. People will always say now that it was a freak accident and that Anderson lost only because of his shenanigans.

A 2-4 beat down followed by a submission finish would have been a better way for Weidman to start his reign as champion.

This just feels sour and anti-climatic.
sbulldavid
7/7/13 4:36:03PM

Posted by bjj1605

I mean...he's the champ for sure. He did everything he had to do. Anderson was acting like a clown and Weidman made him pay for it.

But in a lot of ways it would have been much more satisfying to see Anderson lose in a more decisive fashion. People will always say now that it was a freak accident and that Anderson lost only because of his shenanigans.

A 2-4 beat down followed by a submission finish would have been a better way for Weidman to start his reign as champion.

This just feels sour and anti-climatic.

backalley101
7/7/13 5:43:46PM

Posted by spang714

infestructure
7/7/13 10:21:47PM

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by Franklinfan47

Agreed, this "fixed/thrown fight" nonsense is ridiculous and I expect better from members here.

Anderson wasn't doing anything he hasn't done a dozen times before, the only thing different this time is that he got caught and paid the price. It could happen to anyone, the greatest of all time included.

Adrenaline nails it!