Ben Saunders Likely to return at UFC 86

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Ben Saunders Likely to return at UFC 86
ThaAxeMurderer7
3/19/08 5:35:13PM
Sources close to the fighter tell MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that Saunders has agreed to fight at the event. However, a phone call to the fighter wasn't immediately returned today, and the UFC has made no official announcement regarding the event.
Link
wolfman
3/19/08 5:39:02PM
Good for him, but I don't really care to see him fight again.
prozacnation1978
3/19/08 5:48:59PM
funny??
i was just thinking the other day of how everytime i go to live events i get boring fighters and matchups like in anaheim and vegas bocek vs evans, lister vs radev, i was thinking " you wait in vegas it will have bad matches like before"
i could see this one as a disaster already
xphycorx
3/19/08 6:07:16PM
he doesn't have many pro fights. give the guy some time and i'm sure he'll be pretty good. he trains with att.
Svartorm
3/19/08 6:12:17PM
It'll be really interesting to see who hes matched up with. Hes got the build and BJJ bottom game to give a lot of people fits on the ground.
Twenty20Dollars
3/19/08 7:05:33PM
wonder who he's going to fight, should be good once he gets exp, tall and lengthy, once he tech's up all this aspects should be decent to put on some exciting fights.
quezocrema0032
3/19/08 7:36:18PM
yea matt serra raved on about him, arroyo and sotorpolis so i wanna see how they all do for him plus his stand up is pretty good thing is people only rember his last fite which was borning but im happy 2 see him back now were just waiting for them 2 bring back arryo and rude boy troy seeing how they won that nite
juanez13
3/19/08 10:29:38PM
Man im telling you this Kid can do great, he has Good BJJ and he is pretty damn tall and a good striker, just get some wresteling and TKD and this guy will be a bad match up for most of the division.
gartface
3/19/08 10:54:01PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

funny??
i was just thinking the other day of how everytime i go to live events i get boring fighters and matchups like in anaheim and vegas bocek vs evans, lister vs radev, i was thinking " you wait in vegas it will have bad matches like before"

Saunders is boring? Did you not watch the show? He presses the pace with the high kicks, and when he's on the ground keeps going for any submission possible.
I'm so excited to see him fight again. I said before that I think that he has the most potential out of all of the fighters from season 6.
ThaAxeMurderer7
3/20/08 1:51:11AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by prozacnation1978

funny??

Saunders is boring? Did you not watch the show? He presses the pace with the high kicks, and when he's on the ground keeps going for any submission possible.
I'm so excited to see him fight again. I said before that I think that he has the most potential out of all of the fighters from season 6.

I def. see what you're saying but I feel that Arroyo has a lot of potential as well. Maybe him and Ben could go at it at 86.
Ordep
3/20/08 2:19:34AM

Tamdan McCrory, this shoud be his opponent
coldchillin
3/20/08 2:31:05AM
I'm kind of interested in seeing him fight in a preliminary bout.
CornishMMA
3/20/08 6:26:54AM
This is funny i was only just thinking about him and other tuf guys and wondering when they fight next

Saunders has serious potential, Barrerra didnt let himlook that great in that fight but the guy has potential for sure, plus he has that smily giggle

So UFC 86 will be Rampage VS Forrest the 1st weekend in July, this fight would turn out to be a very nice prelim on it if Tamdem does get the fight, i like that call
babytater03
3/20/08 8:24:23AM

Posted by wolfman

Good for him, but I don't really care to see him fight again.

couldn't agree more.
emfleek
3/20/08 9:03:35AM
The dude, though he annoyed the piss out of me on TUF, is fun to watch.
prozacnation1978
3/20/08 12:25:16PM

Posted by Ordep

Tamdan McCrory, this shoud be his opponent

perfect choice for saunders, or hell maybe even dustin hazelett
whardin19
3/21/08 1:45:19PM
Lots of Ben Saunders haters on here...lol! The kid is young and doesn't have many fights under his belt give him some time.
bls1919
3/21/08 11:05:29PM
The guys has good hands, good BJJ and his size he could be a solid fighter with some more time in the octagon