Bellator 39 and Strikeforce Challengers 14 Predictions

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Bellator 39 and Strikeforce Challengers 14 Predictions
hotrodttt
4/1/11 1:46:44PM
Since these events aren't going to be in the secondary league, I figured I'd give some predictions. I'd like to see what people think about these cards aswell.

Bellator 39

Eddie Alvarez vs Pat Curran- I see Eddie dominating this fight, most likely hurting Curran with some punches then finishing him off with a rnc.

Pitbull Freire vs Toby Imada- I favor Pitbull via ud because he's better on the feet and if it hits the ground then he should be able to stay safe within Imada's guard game.

Lyman Good vs Rick Hawn- I'm giving Good the nod, I feel like he can do enough on the feet and not get taken down to notch a ud.

Strikeforce

Justin Wilcox vs Rodrigo Damm- Damm is by no means a good wrestler and Wilcox is a great wrestler, you do the math. It equals a ud for Wilcox.

Scott Lighty vs Lorenz Larkin- Larkin is a late replacement, we don't know what his cardio is like, and Lighty has some power. I like Lighty via tko.

Caros Fodor vs Dave Douglas- I like Tarzan via tko, he's got a relentless pace and power. Even if Fodor makes it to the later rounds I feel like he won't have enough.

Twenty20Dollars
4/1/11 8:55:15PM
I like

Eddie prolly tko
Pitbull, I think he will be good where the fight goes
Hawn maybe with a decision.

Then
Wilcox
Lighty
Dont know the last two though.
SpicyMeatball
4/2/11 8:18:57AM

I haven't seen Eddie Alvarez fight before. Tonight will be my first glimpse of him.
Budgellism
4/2/11 11:52:36AM
Since I'm too late to make the Strikeforce picks I'll break down my Bellator picks.

Alvarez vs. Curran - I'm biased as hell towards this pick but even if I wasn't I'd choose the same thing. It's going to be Alvarez by 2nd round sub. Probably a choke. Should be a great fight.

Pitbull vs. Imada - This is a great fight. These two are the most well rounded in this tournament and I expect to see a little bit of everything. I've got Pitbull by 2nd round tko though.

Good vs. Hawn - Hawn showed some decent stand up skills in his fight with Wallhead but Good and Wallhead are on different levels in that department. I think Good will be able to stay on his feet enough to win a close decision.

Saunders vs. Lee - Lee is going to get outclassed here. Saunders by tko in the first.
Budgellism
4/2/11 11:53:59AM

Posted by SpicyMeatball

I haven't seen Eddie Alvarez fight before. Tonight will be my first glimpse of him.

You sir have been completely deprived. PM me if you are interested in links to some of his greatest fights. He's my favourite fighter and has been since his days in Bodog.