Bellator signs ranked bantam weight fighter Michael Mcdonald

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bellator signs ranked bantam weight fighter Michael Mcdonald
FKA
3/24/17 3:27:51PM
After asking for and being granted his UFC release Michael"Mayday"Mcdonald has inked an exclusive multi fight deal with Bellator.

Bellaforce
FKA
3/24/17 4:08:17PM
MODESTO!!!!!!

im glad he signed up.

With Bellator he can get some sponsorship money and fight.Not to mention he adds some great depth and possible fights.

Nice pickup
tildengolfer
3/24/17 4:37:39PM
sweet pickup for Bellator. UFC losing big names...
machodog76
3/24/17 5:33:52PM
Man, nice pick up!
jae_1833
3/24/17 9:54:58PM
Holy shit! This shit keeps going on and we will have a real #2 in the world of MMA...a true Coke vs Pepsi.
JLS
3/25/17 12:39:43AM
Nice signing for Bellator. As a fan a Mayday i wish him the best. UFC screwed up when they let Higo slide over to Bellator. This is arguably their best, most talented division. A case can be made for FW and LW too, and now WW. Props to Bellator for signing these guys; Mayday, Higo, Larkin, Rory, Meathead. They are doing well in some areas but there's still a lot of work to do.

Maybe give Mayday an easy fight against Joe Warren, and id like to see him fight the loser of Dantas/Higo.

Seems like an odd request win a fight and then get the loser of that next one but that would be the fight I'm looking most forward to for Mayday!
FlashyG
3/25/17 1:17:30AM
hopefully with all this talent coming over to Bellator they will abandon the MMA senior tour route they were heading.

JLS
3/25/17 1:33:41AM

Posted by FlashyG

hopefully with all this talent coming over to Bellator they will abandon the MMA senior tour route they were heading.

No kidding! Unfortunately the real hard core fans like that kind of stuff. They like the WWE type trash talk and all that stuff.

Its a shame Sonnen vs Wandy is the Main Event. I'm liking Lima/Larkin the most myself. I think Larkin wins a competitive fight there.
FKA
3/25/17 1:39:47AM
They unfortunately have nothing but positive data supporting the old guy fights.

They are slowly getting better ratings from pure talent cards but when the old guy fights pull millions of viewers its hard not to keep feeding the fire.

Im hoping they get enough talent to where these freak & senior fights get further and further between.

Bellaforce coming along nicely tho....war coker!!#
FlashyG
3/25/17 1:26:10PM

Posted by FKA

They unfortunately have nothing but positive data supporting the old guy fights.

They are slowly getting better ratings from pure talent cards but when the old guy fights pull millions of viewers its hard not to keep feeding the fire.

Im hoping they get enough talent to where these freak & senior fights get further and further between.

Bellaforce coming along nicely tho....war coker!!#

It will be interesting to see how this PPV sells.

It's one thing getting people to tune into a freak show (I don't really think Wandy/Sonnen is a freak show but I had no better term) for free, but it's another thing entirely to hope they'll pay for it.

My guess is the PPV will underperform their last one, but the live gate will more than make-up for it.

I also think their TV ratings will improve over the next year with the addition of legitimate talent throughout their roster.

Hopefully they start paying the undercard guys a little better now. I think they're getting paid in Dave and Busters gift cards presently.
prozacnation1978
3/25/17 6:49:24PM
Bellator needs new blood at bantam

McDonald if he can stay injury free can be a theat
tildengolfer
3/26/17 12:57:04AM

Posted by FKA

MODESTO!!!!!!
Nice pickup

Huh???
FKA
3/26/17 1:41:42AM
He's from modesto i have friends who went to high school with him.

Bythar
3/26/17 5:41:45PM

Posted by JLS

Posted by FlashyG

No kidding! Unfortunately the real hard core fans like that kind of stuff. They like the WWE type trash talk and all that stuff.

Its a shame Sonnen vs Wandy is the Main Event. I'm liking Lima/Larkin the most myself. I think Larkin wins a competitive fight there.

Lima/Larkin is a hell of a fight. I'd prop you but I have to spread the love.