Bellator 180 pay-per-view price set at $49.95 for high-definition

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Bellator 180 pay-per-view price set at $49.95 for high-definition
JLS
3/27/17 11:36:33PM

Bellator 180 pay-per-view price set at $49.95 for high-definition
SHARES
By: Steven Marrocco | March 27, 2017 7:45 pm

Bigger stars, bigger venue, bigger price tag.

The Bellator 180 pay-per-view offering, “Bellator NYC,” will set you back $49.95 for the high-definition version of the company’s second pay-per-view event on June 24 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Bellator President Scott Coker confirmed the news today to MMAjunkie after an announcement on “The MMA Hour.” A price for the standard definition version of the event is not yet available, Coker added.

The Viacom-owned promotion’s first PPV event, Bellator 120, was priced between $30 and $45. According to former CEO Bjorn Rebney, that was due to cable operators picking their own price.

As previously reported, Bellator 120 drew 100,000 buys.

Link
prozacnation1978
3/28/17 4:45:31PM
Stupid mistake to do 50.

Especially since ufc will counter in june by stacking the brazil card

FKA
3/28/17 7:12:47PM
Ten dollars less then ufc in hd so standard definition will be $40 not bad imo.....im still buying ive paid $60 for shittier ufc cards.

The first ppv attempt was $20 less but it was also 2 nearly 3 years ago and featured lesser name talent.I'm definitely buying im very interested to see what non title fight they add to the ppv card and how the spike televised portion is built.

The Ufc is doing an event the day after the Bellator ppv but its a fight night in oklahoma not brazil and not the same day i don't see a free fight night taking away any viewers from a ppv the day before....
FKA
3/28/17 7:36:36PM
Perhaps you were thinking of the Aldo vs Holloway ppv which is june 3.

Bellator NYC is june 24th 3 weeks later and fight night Oklahoma is june 25th.
FlashyG
3/28/17 9:11:25PM

Posted by FKA

Ten dollars less then ufc in hd so standard definition will be $40 not bad imo.....im still buying ive paid $60 for shittier ufc cards.

The first ppv attempt was $20 less but it was also 2 nearly 3 years ago and featured lesser name talent.I'm definitely buying im very interested to see what non title fight they add to the ppv card and how the spike televised portion is built.

I don't think their first foray into the PPV market was with lesser name talent.

Rampage, Lawal, Brooks, Chandler, Ortiz, Shlemenko, Volkov, Ivanov, Page, Rainey and Kongo

vs

Sonnen, Wandy, Fedor, Mittrione, Chandler and Primus.

I'd say their first card had the better headliner but a weaker co-main. It really depends on the rest of the card.

I know I'm not even considering paying for this one, I'll watch via stream.
FKA
3/28/17 10:17:27PM
Bellator 120 lineup

(Main event)Lhw tourney Final
Rampage vs King Mo

(Co-main)Interim Lw title fight
Michael Chandler vs Will Brooks

(Lhw featured bout)
Storm Shlemenko vs Tito Ortiz

(Hw Tourney Final)
Blagoi Ivanov vs Alexander Volkov

(Ww featuring bout)
MVP vs Rickey Rainey

Kongo wasnt on the ppv he was on the prelims.......

The current billing of Bellator NYC is as follows...

(Main Event Lhw Grudge Match)Wandy vs Chael

(Co-Main Hw bout)Fedor vs Meathead

(Lw Title Fight)Michael Chandler vs Brent Primus

(Ww Title fight)Douglas Lima vs Lorenz Larkin

You forgot larkin and lima....... :)

The only weak name draw is primus thus far with one fight left to announce on ppv and 2 left for prelims.

Everyone is free to do whatever lol im throwing a big party instead of flying out to Ny.Gonna be alot of people and hella food im pretty excited haha.

I have a broad range of people who come watch fights be it ufc,wsof,bellator,or occasional old pride and im getting good feedback people are excited to watch.

We will all be waiting anxiously for the buy numbers for sure you can count me in as one.
machodog76
3/30/17 1:18:31PM
I'm out.