Bellator 138 / One FC 28 / VTJ Osaka Combo Card Results

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Bellator 138 / One FC 28 / VTJ Osaka Combo Card Results
Budgellism
6/20/15 12:33:58AM
Bellator 138

Kimbo Slice defeats Ken Shamrock via TKO (punches) - Round 1, 2:22
Patricio Freire defeats Daniel Weichel via KO (punches) - Round 2, 0:32
Bobby Lashley defeats Dan Charles via TKO (punches) - Round 2, 4:14
Daniel Straus defeats Henry Corrales via SUB (guillotine choke) - Round 2, 3:47
Michael Chandler defeats Derek Campos via SUB (rear naked choke) - Round 1, 2:17
Justin Guthrie defeats Steven Mann via SUB (d'arce choke) - Round 2, 1:09
Justin Lawrence defeats Sean Wilson via TKO (strikes) - Round 1, 4:56
Chris Heatherly defeats Garrett Gross via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Kyle Kurtz defeats Adam Cella via SUB (armbar) - Round 2, 4:13

One FC 28

Timofey Nastyukhin defeats Yusuke Kawanago via TKO - Round 1
Zorobabel Moreira Jr. defeats Christian Holley via TKO - Round 1

Thunder Fight 4

Celso Venicius vs Jorge Patino

Jungle Fight 78

Bruno Lopes vs Alvaro Correa
Diogo Cavalcanti vs Ciro Rodrigues

VTJ Osaka

Yoshiro Maeda vs Kentaro Watanabe
Budgellism
6/20/15 12:35:56AM
8-1, 71pts
GDPofMPG
6/20/15 1:27:34AM
was a pretty sweet bfc tonight. lots of big performances. I'm surprised ken almost got the choke, I thought he'd eat the punch in the first few seconds.
grappler0000
6/20/15 1:33:43AM
8-1, but still managed to lose the Hot Bout
JLS
6/20/15 8:57:42AM

Posted by grappler0000

I did too. Not sure if you guys watched the HB but Cella was dominating him. Arguably a 10-8 1st Round. But judges don't really do 10-8s so. Cella some how managed to dominate the fight and still lose.
JoeWarren33
6/20/15 10:43:16AM

Posted by grappler0000

You and me both! 62 points here 8-1

How is nobody talking about Pitbull Friere fight?

That Pitbull comeback was amazing! Just as amazing as Kongo and Berry!
Via le Pitbull!!!
hotrodttt
6/20/15 12:27:55PM
Main event looked fishy
grappler0000
6/20/15 12:41:14PM

Posted by JoeWarren33

Posted by grappler0000

You and me both! 62 points here 8-1

How is nobody talking about Pitbull Friere fight?

That Pitbull comeback was amazing! Just as amazing as Kongo and Berry!
Via le Pitbull!!!

Great fight. Cost me my parlay though.
Budgellism
6/20/15 12:53:12PM
Timofey Nastyukhin defeats Yusuke Kawanago via TKO - Round 1
Zorobabel Moreira Jr. defeats Christian Holley via TKO - Round 1
GDPofMPG
6/20/15 12:56:47PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Main event looked fishy

How do you figure?
FlashyG
6/20/15 8:31:54PM

Posted by GDPofMPG

Posted by hotrodttt

Main event looked fishy

How do you figure?

It was probably just the product of Shamrock being old, but when was the last time you saw a guy with no ground game to speak of escape a fully locked in RNC with both hooks so easily?

I only saw the highlights of the fight, but i thought that looked kind of fishy. Perhaps it will be less suspect when I get a chance to watch the full fight.
FastKnockout
6/21/15 1:43:10AM

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by GDPofMPG

Posted by hotrodttt

Main event looked fishy

How do you figure?

It was probably just the product of Shamrock being old, but when was the last time you saw a guy with no ground game to speak of escape a fully locked in RNC with both hooks so easily?

I only saw the highlights of the fight, but i thought that looked kind of fishy. Perhaps it will be less suspect when I get a chance to watch the full fight.

I thought the same thing. That was one of the deepest RNC I have ever seen yet you're telling me Kimbo was just able to "hold out"? Bullshit.
Budgellism
6/21/15 4:17:09AM
It sounds like Bruno Lopes won by sub and Ciro Rodrigues won a decision but I'm having a hard time confirming either.
Kpro
6/21/15 5:55:02AM

Posted by Budgellism

It sounds like Bruno Lopes won by sub and Ciro Rodrigues won a decision but I'm having a hard time confirming either.

Ciro won a Unanimous Decision over Diogo can be confirmed. Bruno won by sub in under a minute, but I'm nearly positive he didn't fight who we picked him against. We picked him against Correa from Paraguay out of Top Brother Paraguay camp, results say Bruno beat a Javier from Argentina out of Team Extreme Warrior. No translator app in the world is bad enough to get a completely different name, country, and camp on multiple MMA news sites in Portugese. I don't see anything regarding Correa being replaced anywhere in the days leading up, but fight results sure don't sound like it's very likely it was him.

Also, it just ended minutes ago so not 100% but I think Maeda just won a UD.

EDIT: Maeda by UD confirmed.
FlashyG
6/21/15 10:05:46AM
Thanks for all the updates.

Stats have been run.
JLS
6/21/15 11:57:18AM
Nice work guys with the updates.
Bustamante-Aoki
6/21/15 1:01:43PM
Longtime Mens 115lb king Rambaa "M16" Somdet returned last night also in Shooto, and won a decision.

Next weekend Miguel Torres in fighting Will Chope in the tournament finals and (the real, original) Paulo Filho is also fighting on Rebel FC in China. The L2 card is pretty full already.. just thought I'd throw it out there in case any L2 fans want to watch.
FlashyG
6/21/15 3:12:52PM

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

Longtime Mens 115lb king Rambaa "M16" Somdet returned last night also in Shooto, and won a decision.

Next weekend Miguel Torres in fighting Will Chope in the tournament finals and (the real, original) Paulo Filho is also fighting on Rebel FC in China. The L2 card is pretty full already.. just thought I'd throw it out there in case any L2 fans want to watch.

I added the Torres vs Chope fight.

Thanks for the heads up.
Franklinfan47
6/21/15 5:04:28PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by GDPofMPG

Posted by hotrodttt

Main event looked fishy

How do you figure?

I thought the same thing. That was one of the deepest RNC I have ever seen yet you're telling me Kimbo was just able to "hold out"? Bullshit.

I hear ya, but I also think its a high possibility that Shamrock just sucks that badly.

Pitbull fight was cray.