Barnett vs Dana

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Barnett vs Dana
POLL: Would you like to see Barnett in the UFC
Yes 73% (52)
No 3% (2)
I don't give a shit about Barnett 24% (17)
roman
8/31/07 12:54:38AM
Really interesting article. Barnett has some great points and I do think he is a top competitor. His style IMO is a bad match for Randy, but Randy is the champ and to say Barnett still is is infact retarded.

I know I give a shit about Barnett and a lot of other fans would love to see him in the UFC. I wish Dana wouldn't say such dumbass statements like "nobody gives a shit about barnett, espeically me." Because Barnett would make a great addition to the UFC HW division.http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4597&zoneid=13
Lethal
8/31/07 1:21:38AM
I'll have to side with Barnett for a couple of reasons. 1.) Dana has tried to erase much of the early UFC before him and Zuffa got involved 2.) There ARE a lot of heavyweights still out there that IMO are still ranked over Couture and to say that UFC has even close to all the HW talent is rediculous. 3.) UFC has more than enough money to pay the fighters well. Every champ should be in the millions and every televised fighter should make enough to support their family.

i don't agree with the whole "still being the champ". Once you leave the organization, you are no longer the champ. Champs have to constantly defend the title. In that case, Pulver should have still been considered the champ all the years he was gone.
wiGGa
8/31/07 1:55:31AM
Misclicked no vote gief Barnett, put him up vs Gonzaga as a first fight, that would be a great fight. Tone down the Gonzaga hype abit more if Barnett wins, or increase the reputation of Gonzaga if he would win.
Sam_Rothstein
8/31/07 3:05:52AM
i would wanna see barnett back in the ufc

but i doubt dana will ever offer him the big bucks he wants and deserves
warglory
8/31/07 3:19:54AM
Dana talks the talk, but if Barnett was ready and willing to sign a contract, Dana would be the first to give the guy a pen to sign the dotted line for a six figure contract. Everyone knows Dana is full of hot air, look what happened with Wanderlei!

MrGreeny
8/31/07 6:03:43AM
I like Barnett like a fighter, but this is stupid of him. Obviously he wanted more money and that's why he didn't sign.
If he really believed, UFC are cowards etc... he would sign the contract even for less money than in PrideFC.
Vietnamese_Guy
8/31/07 9:06:00AM
Dana should sign barnett, that is all
FrankDukes
8/31/07 9:50:08AM
Who cares about Dana White? Who is he anyways? When was the last time anyone watched anything UFC or MMA related because of Dana? Anyone who doesn't want Josh Barnett in the UFC isn't a true fan. He is one of the best, he always fights the best and that is why his record has the slightest blemish on it.

Whats really funny is, Dana thinks he is more powerful then Josh Barnett. The fact is that if Dana white headlines a card with Tim Sylvia vs. Randy Couture, and JoeBlow promotes a card with Barnett vs. Fedor, everyone will want the latter.

Barnett> Dana
Barnett> Randy
Fedor> Barnett

THESE ARE FACTS.

EDIT: I still love Randy though.
kaduey
8/31/07 10:20:48AM
Wow someone sounds bitter, and jealous. Maybe it's the high level of testosterone from the steriods speaking.
GrandMaster313
8/31/07 10:29:01AM
another classic case of "Dana's way or the highway!!!".......
Rich78
8/31/07 10:31:40AM
Well if you give Dana ammunition, e.g. Lindland, Barnett, Babalu, then he's gonna use it against you.

If he hadn't have juiced up, he wouldn't be running around crying about the UFC now. Its his own fault he's not there. Would he have ever gone to Pride if he played by the rules while in the UFC?

And regardless of whether or not I agree with your Barnett > Randy etc, they are in no way facts, thats just your opinion.
SpiderSilva
8/31/07 11:31:19AM

Posted by FrankDukes

Who cares about Dana White? Who is he anyways? When was the last time anyone watched anything UFC or MMA related because of Dana? Anyone who doesn't want Josh Barnett in the UFC isn't a true fan. He is one of the best, he always fights the best and that is why his record has the slightest blemish on it.

Whats really funny is, Dana thinks he is more powerful then Josh Barnett. The fact is that if Dana white headlines a card with Tim Sylvia vs. Randy Couture, and JoeBlow promotes a card with Barnett vs. Fedor, everyone will want the latter.

Barnett> Dana
Barnett> Randy
Fedor> Barnett

THESE ARE FACTS.

EDIT: I still love Randy though.

THESE ARE THE FACTS
Dana vs Barnett

DANA wins every time he is the boss of the UFC so if you want to fight in the UFC you better kiss his ass

ANOTHER FACT
no ass kissing no Fedor

THESE ARE THE TRUTH

so who gives a shit about Barnett
MartinKillMcGill
8/31/07 1:43:31PM
At this time I dont realy give a shit about barnet.Im more interested in fedor.He deserves a contract before lesner though
jimmyjohnson
8/31/07 2:06:43PM
It seems to me to be the same type of treatment that White give anyone who challenges the way he runs his business. Just look at Tito Ortiz. Tito has been saying for years that the fighters are getting the short end of the stick. White pays them peanuts and reaps the rewards of huge PPV $$$.
Dana is a chump. He's an igomaniac and wants more tv time that the fighters. He should shut his mouth and keep his face off the tube and let the fighters sell the sport.
FrankDukes
8/31/07 2:45:21PM

Posted by Rich78

Well if you give Dana ammunition, e.g. Lindland, Barnett, Babalu, then he's gonna use it against you.

If he hadn't have juiced up, he wouldn't be running around crying about the UFC now. Its his own fault he's not there. Would he have ever gone to Pride if he played by the rules while in the UFC?

And regardless of whether or not I agree with your Barnett > Randy etc, they are in no way facts, thats just your opinion.

Barnett beat him, he is better then Randy. That is as close to fact as you get in MMA so I dont know how you can argue otherwise. It should be about the fighters, not Dana White.
Even though Zuffa did a lot of good stuff for MMA, I believe Dana will be the downfall of all that is good.
EddieBowers
8/31/07 3:13:53PM
I say if Barnett is clean (no more roides) then let him in. It is great to see a good fight. However one small thing.. why are fans sooo upset about the pay the fighters a receiving? I mean think about it. The money has to come from somewhere... you want to pay the fighters a million bucks a fight? PPV will go up to $60 a fight, there will not be that many fights per PPV. I just do not understand why people would want the fighters to make so much more money then they are because that is going to raise th cost for us the fans. Dana White is a business man, an entrepreneur so of course he is going to maximize the profit for Zuffa/him. I just don't understand why people have to hate on the man after what he has done for the UFC, MMA, and us the fans/fighters (not that I am a pro, just training for one amateur fight). I don't know, they are playing a sport, do they really deserve millions to play. I mean I know that most of us are under paid for the work that we do, but I do not see us worrying about that. I am not meaning to insult anybody by the little rant of mine, so please do not get offended.

ChokeUout
9/2/07 4:21:43AM
I got a few things to say about this topic...

First off, Who does Josh Barnett think he's fooling? Saying "Oh, I'm the real champ, I beat Randy, Nobody beat me for the title"...Is he forgetting that he got that belt Stripped from him because HE WAS ON STERIODS for that fight? Plus, Knowing that he tested positive for steriods for the Couture fight, I think he's absolutely retarded for bragging about beating Randy. To me, that shows no honor whatsoever.

Second, I don't know how he can be so sure he'd beat Randy again. Even if we overlooked the fact that Barnett was juiced up for the Couture fight, that fight was many years ago, and to me at least, Randy looks better now than he EVER has (at age 44, no less). Randy is a more complete fighter now than he was then.

Sure, on Paper Barnett might have an advantage...ON PAPER. But if anything can be said about Randy Couture, It's that he can never be doubted. Hell, If everything that's "On Paper" was true, we would have been watching TIm sylvia Fight Mirko Cro Cop at UFC 74. Personally, I think if they fought again, Couture beats Barnett based on his heart and Expierience, Mixed with his dirty boxing and World class Greco, of course.

TO me, THis seems like a big Publicity Stunt on Barnett's Part. Just look at how we words himself inthat article. It's almost like he's subliminally ASking to be brought back to the UFC, But he probably knows THey still aren't pleased with him for the whole roids incident, so he takes this approach, and THAT'S why Dana isn't too keen on him, in my opinion.

*WHEW*...Kinda short of breath after that one, lol..But it's my first post here, might as well make it count