ANDERSON SILVA REFLECTS ON UFC 77

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » ANDERSON SILVA REFLECTS ON UFC 77
Manfred
10/22/07 9:16:03AM
Link

Ultimate Fighting Championship middleweight champion Anderson "The Spider" Silva disposed of Rich "Ace" Franklin on Saturday night at UFC 77 in Cincinnati to retain his title.

He finished Franklin, winning the middleweight belt, in just under three minutes in October of last year. It took him twice as long this time, garnering a TKO victory at 1:07 of the second round.

"I thought Rich fought much better than he did the first time,” Silva told MMAWeekly.com. “He defended the clinch in a much better fashion this time. Rich fought well. I was just fortunate enough to fight a little bit better than Rich."
jgtribbett
10/22/07 11:41:37AM
i personally would like to see hendo vs anderson silva...
i know hendo would get picked apart up - top ... but i dont see him getting ko'd or tko'd. would be an interesting fight.
hendo is a sub excape artist and he has great wrestling. heavy hands and a strong chin. could be a great fight
Manfred
10/22/07 1:55:18PM
^ I think most agree with you. And since Hendo keeps saying he's staying at 205, you can bet that Dana's on the phone begging hum as of Sunday morning. The UFC doesn't have anyone else at MW
wapttn
10/22/07 2:02:01PM
I bet on rich this time around thinking that he'd execute on a game plan that would look a lot like the first 3 minutes of the first round.. but apparently he decided to stand. Henderson will put silva on his ass and keep him there for as long as it takes.
TimW001
10/22/07 7:19:42PM
Henderson is the only guy at 185 who would have a chance against Anderson.