Anderson Silva out until February or March 2011 with cracked rib

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Anderson Silva out until February or March 2011 with cracked rib
jae_1833
8/9/10 10:07:33PM
link
"After the first round he [Anderson Silva] said he broke his ribs. He said told me he could not breath because of the rib. I told him to forget the rib and work the movement of legs and he would get the triangle… After the fight he went to the hospital and did an x-ray and the doctor said he did not break it, it was just a crack," Lemos said.

"Anderson is expected to return in February or March."
jae_1833
8/9/10 10:10:52PM
I think this says a lot, at some time I think somebody said he went into the fight with a rib injury, and here his BJJ Coach is saying it happened in the first round.
Jackelope
8/9/10 10:30:24PM

Posted by jae_1833

I think this says a lot, at some time I think somebody said he went into the fight with a rib injury, and here his BJJ Coach is saying it happened in the first round.

Anderson said in the post fight interview that he had a rib injury going into the fight. I wouldn't be surprised if he did and that something happened during the fight which exacerbated the injury.

Makes you wonder about how the fight would go down if both men were 100% That being said, who is ever 100%? Chael probably had things going on with him, too, but he knew saying something about it wouldn't do him any good and would probably only make him lose face.
Twenty20Dollars
8/9/10 11:20:31PM
Vitor vs Okami now?
gartface
8/10/10 8:36:32AM
Just makes me think that a rematch with Sonnen won't happen, and that perhaps he only has one or two fights left before he decides to hang 'em up.
prozacnation1978
8/10/10 11:50:51AM
Sucks another weight class on the waiting list now for next year

Germany has no main event. I bet it now will be belfort. Vs either okami or sonnen
GSPCanada
8/10/10 9:10:31PM
I think the only fair thing is to put vitor vs sonnen but I don't know if it will happen because they risk losing a contender
hate4thestate
8/10/10 10:01:00PM
#1 title contention shot should be made. imho it should be Okami and Belfort. Sonnen just got a shot and even tho he dominated he lost in the end. Its someone elses chance now.