Alves, Lytle, Herman and Gono Win $55,000 UFC 78 Bonuses

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Alves, Lytle, Herman and Gono Win $55,000 UFC 78 Bonuses
CornishMMA
11/18/07 8:34:29PM
Following Saturday’s UFC 78 event at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., UFC executives dished out a total of $220,000 in Fight of the Night, Submission of the Night, and Knockout of the Night bonuses.

The traditional post-event bonuses have gone from just $10,000 a year ago to the new level of $55,000.

LINK
tuvok500
11/18/07 8:40:33PM
That's what i call a BONUS !!!! LOL

i think it is a reaction to the Couture comment about money .

The message is clear here, you go there and fight for the win and you will be rewarded very well !!

You are fighting " NOT TO LOSE " , you will receive you pay check but nothing else.

bullettdodger
11/18/07 9:33:48PM
pretty good message to send if you ask me
warglory
11/18/07 9:59:26PM
Whether it was politically motivated or not, this is a proper move by Zuffa.
Sam_Rothstein
11/19/07 4:01:09AM
NICE! I am really glad to see the ufc stepping up the pay scale
xAcidburNx
11/19/07 4:11:57AM
man i really wanna see that lytle/alves fight. this is the fight i was waiting for all night. i saw the tko on the fight picks and i was all "WTF he got finished!??" can anyone help me out with the video link or sumthing?
jomatty
11/19/07 7:13:53AM
yeah and a lot of people are still waiting to see those fights so i dont think you need to post spoilers in the heading.
CornishMMA
11/19/07 8:14:23AM

Posted by jomatty

yeah and a lot of people are still waiting to see those fights so i dont think you need to post spoilers in the heading.

What are they waiting for? its was 24 hours after the event and anyone not wanting to know prelims results has to avoid somewhere like this until they do see them, thats what i did, its not hard

The UFC havnt done this a reaction to the Couture thing really, though thats the obvious common perception, they have increased it about 5 times over the last year
CornishMMA
11/19/07 8:17:14AM
And no Lytle didnt get finished, it was ironically a CUT again!

Sorry i cant tell you where to watch the vid but they may be available to DL on places like megaupload etc

So actually all the people who picked Alves to finish Lytle were wrong cos it looked like Alves was going to win the 3rd with more leg kicks and get the UD, he was never going to finish Lytle with strikes as nobody does, all those TKO/KO picking guys got very very lucky imo!
xAcidburNx
11/19/07 3:35:37PM
so youve seen the fight? how do you know alves was gonna win a ud from leg kicks in the 3rd if it ended in the second?