Akiyama?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Akiyama?
sclasclemski
8/25/09 11:33:36AM
Anyone heard anything concerning Akiyama's next opponent? Is he dropping to Welterweight?
Irish_Pride
8/25/09 12:31:39PM
There is a possibility that he will be fighting Kazushi Sakuraba again at Dream 12. I heard this during Dream 10 when Sakuraba came out to announce to the audience that he will be fighting at Dream 12 and he said he wanted to fight Akiyama again. It's not official or anything but it is a possibility. I wanted to listen to what he said during Dream 10 so I went looking for the video and found it on youtube. Here it is. Link
ncordless
8/25/09 1:01:28PM

Posted by Irish_Pride

There is a possibility that he will be fighting Kazushi Sakuraba again at Dream 12. I heard this during Dream 10 when Sakuraba came out to announce to the audience that he will be fighting at Dream 12 and he said he wanted to fight Akiyama again. It's not official or anything but it is a possibility. I wanted to listen to what he said during Dream 10 so I went looking for the video and found it on youtube. Here it is. Link

He is under contract with the UFC. I doubt Zuffa is going to want to lend a fighter to a org. that just formed an alliance with Strikeforce.

I am pretty sure Akiyama is still under suspension from the damages he sustained against Belcher. I have not heard anything about him dropping to WW from anyone except fans. He probably should, but I have not heard the idea from anyone connected with Akiyama.
Irish_Pride
8/25/09 1:40:48PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by Irish_Pride

He is under contract with the UFC. I doubt Zuffa is going to want to lend a fighter to a org. that just formed an alliance with Strikeforce.

I am pretty sure Akiyama is still under suspension from the damages he sustained against Belcher. I have not heard anything about him dropping to WW from anyone except fans. He probably should, but I have not heard the idea from anyone connected with Akiyama.

Oh yeah, thats true. They formed an alliance with Strikeforce. Now, that is definetely not going to happen. Yeah, your right. He is still under suspension and it won't be lifted until atleast September 10 and he cannot be contacted until tommorow. Here's a link to his suspension. Link
sclasclemski
8/25/09 2:42:39PM
Thanks guys...makes sense that there is no news since he is on medical suspension...
prozacnation1978
8/25/09 8:12:07PM
given fact ufc 105 and 106 main cards are full almost, he will fight on main card, i hope year end in vegas maybe fight okami!! or a top 10 fighter,
Nightmare27
8/25/09 9:36:05PM
Okami is fighting Sonnen, but yeah I hope they give him a top 10.
Jimbo
8/26/09 1:30:41AM
yeh its been said, he needs to be cleared. Also he has said something with the effect of cutting weight being cowardly, so I dont think he will go down to WW, but i think he should.

can not wait to see him fight again though
hippysmacker
8/26/09 1:53:39AM
I like the idea of him going to 170 when he's healthy personally. GSP definitely needs more challengers IMO.
ncordless
8/26/09 3:46:08PM
I doubt he fights Okami since they train together.
copcopps
8/28/09 9:27:49AM
by looking at those suspensions he'll probably be out for a while which sucks since I want to see him again.