UFC 210 weigh-ins end with a scare

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 210 weigh-ins end with a scare
tildengolfer
4/7/17 12:13:48PM
The official UFC 210 weigh-ins stream live from the UFC host hotel in Buffalo, NY at 9:00 a.m. ET, courtesy of MMAjunkie. The ceremonial weigh-in and faceoffs will stream courtesy of the UFC live at 4:00 p.m. ET from KeyBank Center in Buffalo, the same venue that hosts Saturday’s event.

The dual weigh-ins mean fighters have longer to rehydrate in the morning, but still can do the afternoon ceremonial weigh-ins and faceoffs that have become a tradition in the UFC.

There was a scare when Cormier and Johnson weighed in with only minutes left. DC weighed in at 206.2, but returned two minutes later and was 205. Johnson then weighed in with seconds to go at 203.8 and the entire card was official.

link & video
tildengolfer
4/7/17 12:17:00PM
I am going to say it. DC did not make weight. Watch his hands (scroll to end of video, he's last on scale) push slightly down on towel that they holding around him. Anyone who has used a scale knows you can fudge ounces and a few pounds by touching anything around you.
aussiemma
4/7/17 12:55:05PM
#towelgate

It really looks like blatant cheating. Sure it's only a pound but it looked pretty clear what he did with the towel and I think they came up with that after the first failure backstage.
airkerma
4/7/17 12:55:37PM
Rumble was UNDER weight?!?
jae_1833
4/7/17 1:02:13PM
NYSAC sucks...between the ridiculous amount of coverage and overly expensive arena fees they allow for shit like this and then pull shit like this .
TeamJones
4/7/17 1:03:04PM
Now the Pearl Gonzalez fight is off (as of now) because she has breast implants and per NYSAC made before MMA was leagalized (Female fighters can't have breast implants). How the hell did Meisha Tate fight at 205 then???
jae_1833
4/7/17 1:04:12PM
Meisha has real tits bro.
TeamJones
4/7/17 1:05:44PM
On top of that, when questioned by the media the NYSAC Commision said he didn't touch the towel on the second try. The media said they have pictures/video and he just stuttered and said he made 205. WTF! NYSAC is fucking up big time!
airkerma
4/7/17 1:09:06PM

Posted by TeamJones

Now the Pearl Gonzalez fight is off (as of now) because she has breast implants and per NYSAC made before MMA was leagalized (Female fighters can't have breast implants). How the hell did Meisha Tate fight at 205 then???

Meisha having dank fakies is an urban legend I think.
Other fighters with them have already fought.

This is just a complete bureaucratic meltdown
JoeWarren33
4/7/17 1:51:29PM
Title should say ends with corruption.

DC holding on to towel and you can see when he releases the guy on the left bounces, clearly they were holding it tight. And why is their 2 towels and not 1 as per the first weigh in. This sport is so dirty it makes India look clean.
TeamJones
4/7/17 2:26:57PM
Mike Dolce us a YouTube video showing what looks to be one of DC's camp members lifting up right before DC makes weight. I couldn't get the link to post, but if you go to YouTube and search DolceDiet and look for the video titled DANIEL CORMIER MISSES WEIGHT (AND THEN DOESN'T) FOR UFC TITLE FIGHT.
Michael_Corleone
4/7/17 2:43:23PM
If AJ doesn't mind, I don't mind. LET THEM FIGHT!!!
jae_1833
4/8/17 1:20:03PM
So I am wrong...tits that great are fake, no biggie I like them regardless...as for UFC 210, Dana smoothed over the issue and she is back in the fight, it's on mma fighting with a recording of her taking her top off for the weigh ins. Girl is a new Tate for sure, she's hot AF.
FKA
4/8/17 6:54:58PM
This is some BS

EVERY commission needs to have and enforce the same rules.The new scoring rules aren't even accepted by all the states ....

Imo ufc should not hold events in places not using the new rules at all.Now it seems NYSAC is the only one allowing not only a second weigh in attempt but u get up to 2hrs to do it.

If this were in nevada or California this fight wouldn't be for a title because cormier MISSED weight then cheated and got away with it.

Im gonna stream this fuck buying it lol