UFC 131 Tickets Not Moving Well in Vancouver

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 131 Tickets Not Moving Well in Vancouver
FastKnockout
6/8/11 4:22:09PM
With just three days to go before UFC 131, things are not looking good in terms of ticket sales. A lot of it is out of the hands of the UFC though. They couldn't count on the Vancouver Canucks playing a Stanley Cup Final home game the night before in the same arena as UFC 131 is running (Rogers Arena); they obviously couldn't count on Brock Lesnar pulling out; and with no local fighters to root for, it's tougher for a Vancouver crowd to get into the spirit of things now that the novelty has worn off. The Vancouver Sun addressed this in an article this morning:

"It’s certainly not typical, this is one of the lowest-priced UFC events," said Glenn Lehrman, the head of communications for the popular ticket re-sale site StubHub. "It’s a great deal to go to a UFC fight."

LINK
emfleek
6/8/11 4:25:21PM
I guess I must be in the minority on this one. I actually think this is a rather decent card. One of the better cards? No. But it's certainly no crap-ass TUF Finale like we had last weekend.
FastKnockout
6/8/11 4:28:30PM

Posted by emfleek

I guess I must be in the minority on this one. I actually think this is a rather decent card. One of the better cards? No. But it's certainly no crap-ass TUF Finale like we had last weekend.

Agreed. I'm actually getting more excited for the event as each day passes. Besides, the tickets are cheap compared to other UFC events, anyway.
Twenty20Dollars
6/8/11 4:31:17PM
I'd buy a ticket just to see the main event.
Jekyll
6/8/11 4:40:13PM
IMO its better because brock is not on it
KungFuMaster
6/8/11 4:40:18PM
Interesting indeed. I happen to like this card too. It is not block buster but it is a decent to good card.
Chael_Sonnen
6/8/11 4:54:56PM
Damn hockey
Budgellism
6/8/11 5:29:38PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Damn hockey

Awesome picture dude. Breaking Bad is ******* epic.

I wish lived close enough to go because the ticket prices are great for this event and I'd actually have a chance of getting a ticket unlike the damn toronto event where it sold out way too quickly.
Sam_Rothstein
6/8/11 6:16:03PM
Say what you want about Brock but he was the only real household name on this card. Could still be a great card but it just doesn't have any selling power without Brock.
emfleek
6/8/11 7:06:14PM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

Say what you want about Brock but he was the only real household name on this card. Could still be a great card but it just doesn't have any selling power without Brock.

Eh...I don't think he would've made much of a difference. See the ratings of TUF for proof.
Darnok
6/8/11 7:18:54PM
I am kinda glad they aren't completely sold out. They let me upgrade my seats to better ones.
prozacnation1978
6/8/11 7:27:57PM
Only cause of canucks in the final
And lesnar out
Plus card is weak and for canada they got like only 3 guys canadien on the card
And I believe none on the main card

They should have added a good co main event
They had options and time to pull one together
Ufc blew it
crushedbacon
6/8/11 7:52:15PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

And lesnar out

Ufc blew it

Canadian. One day....
Jekyll
6/8/11 8:21:43PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

Eh...I don't think he would've made much of a difference. See the ratings of TUF for proof.

exactly. Brock does not have the selling power people think.

People are starting to understand MMA more and more (for the most part) and not many MMA fans like Brock.

MMA fans see Brock as someone who could be great if he learned more then wrestling.

UFC fans think Brock is great because hes got a slong tattoo

there is a difference in UFC fans and MMA fans
Budgellism
6/8/11 9:50:31PM

Posted by crushedbacon

Posted by prozacnation1978

And lesnar out

Ufc blew it

Canadian. One day....

Beat me to it... Canadien? Really?
KaibaThedon
6/8/11 10:48:04PM
lol burn on me

bought tickets first day of presale and now the ticket is worth zilch

could've been freaking sitting on the floor for this event

Hendo67
6/9/11 1:20:48AM
Yep, paid 230 for mine... oh well, it's going to be a ridiculous weekend!
Franklinfan47
6/9/11 12:12:50PM
Bring that sheeit to Ontario!!