UFC 126 Medical Suspensions: Griffin and Ellenberger facing potential long layoffs

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 126 Medical Suspensions: Griffin and Ellenberger facing potential long layoffs
pmoney
2/7/11 6:54:54PM
The Nevada State Athletic Commission issued medical suspensions to a total of 10 fighters from this past weekend's UFC 126 event.

Now, main-card fighters Forrest Griffin and Jake Ellenberger both face suspensions of up to six months, though each can be cleared early by a physician.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today requested and received the list of suspensions from the NSAC.

Article
BlueSkiesBurn
2/7/11 7:18:54PM
Man, Griffin just can't, potentially, catch a break. He just got back, too. I love Griffin, I hope he's not out for too long.
pmoney
2/7/11 8:29:49PM
Somehow I don't think he'll be out too long. After looking as good as he did Saturday night, he has to be back soon. It's a precautionary suspension too. I bet he gets cleared soon and returns to the cage in 4-6 months
postman
2/8/11 1:37:28PM

Posted by pmoney

Somehow I don't think he'll be out too long. After looking as good as he did Saturday night, he has to be back soon. It's a precautionary suspension too. I bet he gets cleared soon and returns to the cage in 4-6 months

Thats the hope but they don't just suspend people that long unless there is concern.
gartface
2/8/11 2:44:23PM
I figured something was up with Ellenberger. I had never seen someone get their gloves off that quick after a fight before. I thought I saw him shaking his hand before the hand raise.